• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Where are all the detractors that said we were a bunch of meanies? Shouldn't they all come forward and apologize?

Apologize for what? Is acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy okay if the person ends up being an individual_without_enough_empathy, too?

"Do unto others before they do unto you", I suppose?

Weren't a lot of people being a bit harsh because they expected a shill? Lo and behold it was a shill…

So because they were right, it retroactively becomes okay, then? And what if they had been wrong?

There are two types of people who could have posted something like the original message - shills and people who are clueless about comics and their values. Which do you suppose there are more of in the world?

Let's put it like this (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) - when he first showed up, lots of folks thought that kav was a shill, and treated him just like this. Unfortunately, he didn't let it run him off and he stuck around, still ... um, I know I had a point here, but now I think I'm arguing the other side.

Anyway, uh... "eff off."

:kidaround:

These boards are equal parts humor and anger these days.

Anyone want to talk about comics?

There are threads pretty much well, everywhere talking about comics. This one hasn't been about comics from the word go so it befuddles me as to why you, and others would come in here and post that?

Should I go into the video games thread and ask why they don't post about comics?

Or the what are you drinking thread?

Or the what are you listening to thread? ( I think those two are still in CG)

Or the great evil that is the LTPC thread?

Let's put it this way, I was reading Timern's forum and came across posters lamenting the same thing about these boards... while complaining about these boards and the people here. lol

No malice intended but there are threads about comics everywhere.

There will always be snarky remarks. Some, justifiably so.

There have absolutely been some undeserved pile-ons and there will continue to be so.

What I am saying is the "let's not say anything mean" and "everyone gets a trophy" crowd has definitively contributed to that pile on.

There are no checks and balances but there are tons of people that cannot see beyond their own moral justifications and have no ability to self analyze. Not would they ever because there is an excuse ready made for them around every corner.

Tiifitz just stated to treat every one like you want to be treated...while simultaneously taking a shot. lol

This place is absurd most days. lol

Actually, I didn't state that, I asked a question on the reverse. But, if I HAD said that, my "ready made excuse" is that I referred to folks as "individual_without_enough_empathys" AFTER they had acted as individual_without_enough_empathys. THAT I have no problem with.

My apologies as I misread it.

There are threads pretty much well, everywhere talking about comics. This one hasn't been about comics from the word go so it befuddles me as to why you, and others would come in here and post that?

Should I go into the video games thread and ask why they don't post about comics?

Let's put it this way, I was reading Timern's forum and came across posters lamenting the same thing about these boards... while complaining about these boards and the people here. lol

+1

I'm finding I agree with you more and more… It is getting scary…

Where are all the detractors that said we were a bunch of meanies? Shouldn't they all come forward and apologize?

Apologize for what? Is acting like an individual_without_enough_empathy okay if the person ends up being an individual_without_enough_empathy, too?

"Do unto others before they do unto you", I suppose?

Weren't a lot of people being a bit harsh because they expected a shill? Lo and behold it was a shill…

So because they were right, it retroactively becomes okay, then? And what if they had been wrong?

There are two types of people who could have posted something like the original message - shills and people who are clueless about comics and their values. Which do you suppose there are more of in the world?

Let's put it like this (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) - when he first showed up, lots of folks thought that kav was a shill, and treated him just like this. Unfortunately, he didn't let it run him off and he stuck around, still ... um, I know I had a point here, but now I think I'm arguing the other side.

Anyway, uh... "eff off."

:kidaround:

lol

Nicely done.

I came here for dating advice. I figured everyone was so focused on comics because they were already getting laid left and right.

I came here for dating advice. I figured everyone was so focused on comics because they were already getting laid left and right.

I told you it would take cool books before I'd put out. I had to settle for Park :P

I told you it would take cool books before I'd put out. I had to settle for Park :P

Don't worry, we all settle for Park from time to time.

:jokealert:

(shrug)

:jokealert:

(shrug)

That is it.

Eff off!