• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

My half brother is named Conner,and at first I was like right on mom,cool name!

Then I noticed like every third or fourth boy his age was named the same.

Thank goodness I am Jimmers.

We pretty much picked that for our third child (age 17) from Highlander. They're a dime-a-dozen now. :sorrry:

However, we spelled ours Connor, which eternally confounds the local paper, who eternally misspell his first (and last) name. :/

My half brother is named Conner,and at first I was like right on mom,cool name!

Then I noticed like every third or fourth boy his age was named the same.

Thank goodness I am Jimmers.

We pretty much picked that for our third child (age 17) from Highlander. They're a dime-a-dozen now. :sorrry:

However, we spelled ours Connor, which eternally confounds the local paper, who eternally misspell his first (and last) name. :/

Haha Connor is 17 now!And I misspelled his name up top,sorry lil bro.It IS a great name.

@Andy...I also have nephews Jackson and Ethan and Grayson..... :facepalm:

And a niece Lily. :cloud9:

There's a handful of Jason's, too. Which, coincidentally, was the name of an unreleased DeBarge song written in 1985.

DeBarge wrote a song called "A Handful of Jason"?

There's a handful of Jason's, too. Which, coincidentally, was the name of an unreleased DeBarge song written in 1985.

It was a short tune

It was a short tune

Sounds like something The Black Handie would be interested in...., :think:

My grandfathers were named "Robert" and "Russell."

Both of them were called "Pete."

:shrug:

My great grandfather called my great uncle "Ike" even though his name was Ralph. I have another great uncle he called "Frank". I have no idea what his real name is, but it's not Francis.

My best friend him and his wife had decided on the name 'Stryder'- Lord of the rings. I told them do not do this. ALL the parents are using Y instead of I in names-it will be very common looking. They are grateful now that his name is Strider-he's 11.

My best friend him and his wife had decided on the name 'Stryder'- Lord of the rings. I told them do not do this. ALL the parents are using Y instead of I in names-it will be very common looking. They are grateful now that his name is Strider-he's 11.

I had some friends once, they wanted to name their child "Alex" and I warned them against such a common name and suggested "Duku." They didn't take my advice and are happy with their decision. We aren't friends anymore...

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

-BJandtheBear McGillicuddy

I have a friend who named his son Drayden. He swears its not inspired by Game of Thrones or World of Warcraft but I'm still hm . He and his wife were fanatical followers of both when the kid was born.