• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Luckily no one else has named their kid Strider that I've ever heard of or them so theyre pretty happy with the name

I have an old friend/acquaintance now that named his two boys .... Get this ...

Clark Kent XXXX

Bruce Wayne XXXX

And yes he once collected comics and I still don't get it.

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

-BJandtheBear McGillicuddy

lol

I keep coming here to secretly gloat over someone getting a strike, but you jokers are just chatting up names. Someone cause some trouble! :baiting:

banana029.gif

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

lol

My wife works as a nurse in the ER - and she's got a laundry list of the stupidest names on earth.

How about 'Neveah' which is 'Heaven' spelled backwards.

or

'Absidey', which is spelled 'ABCDE'

:facepalm:

Yep. Thankfully, that idiocy is relegated to one area of the social class.

Those are the two I hear about most, but I hear about horrible names at least once every couple of weeks.

Our son was to be named 'Jack Thomas' - I didn't really have any need to stray off the beaten path.

I have an old friend/acquaintance now that named his two boys .... Get this ...

Clark Kent XXXX

Bruce Wayne XXXX

And yes he once collected comics and I still don't get it.

There is a kid in my school named Thor. His brother is named Loki. The father is named Odin.

And I swear to heart. We all thought he was lying when he said his dad was named Odin but we pulled it up and he wasn't.

I've told this story before, but it seems to fit here --

I stopped at a video store in New Jersey in the late 90s, and there was a sullen, heavyset teenage black girl working behind the counter with a company nametag that read "SMURFETTE". As I started to chuckle to myself, thinking it couldn't be serious?, I did the math in my head and whoa... she would have been born right smack in the heyday of the TV show, 1982-3 or so. Maybe not so funny. :blush:

I stopped at a video store in New Jersey in the late 90s, and there was a sullen, heavyset teenage black girl working behind the counter with a company nametag that read "SMURFETTE". As I started to chuckle to myself, thinking it couldn't be serious?, I did the math in my head and whoa... she would have been born right smack in the heyday of the TV show, 1982-3 or so. Maybe not so funny. :blush:

Way to torture your kid for life

Like the kid named Jalonie everyone called him Jabronie

Serious and truthful statement.

When I was a kid (maybe 13 or so). I wanted to change my name to T.H.E. Cat. I begged my grandmother to let me change my name. But she only laughed.

I just thought it was soooo cool back then.

The guy in the show was actually named Theodore Hewitt Edward Cat. He had been a circus performer and bodyguard.

I will never forget that name. Loved it.

So, no to naming my kid "Gandalf Spider-Man"?

One of my secretaries named her daughter "Good News" ...I didn't know quite what to say or call her. I think everyone kind of settled on Goodie.

I wanted to name my daughter Skye after a combination of some romance novel I was reading at the time, the isle of Skye and the name of the guy in Guys and Dolls. My friends wouldn't let me...little did I dream I'd wind up being called Sky on a chatboard for 5 years lol.

I can Smurf that;) :facepalm: