• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I knew a girl named Secret

Her mom's pregnancy was a secret is why

after saying it a few times it seemed perfectly normal

Serious and truthful statement.

When I was a kid (maybe 13 or so). I wanted to change my name to T.H.E. Cat. I begged my grandmother to let me change my name. But she only laughed.

I just thought it was soooo cool back then.

The guy in the show was actually named Theodore Hewitt Edward Cat. He had been a circus performer and bodyguard.

I will never forget that name. Loved it.

:cloud9:

True story:

My friend was doing roll call on the first day of school. Came across a name spelled: L-a

Pronounced: Ladasha

Hey, my daughter knows someone with that same name!

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

-BJandtheBear McGillicuddy

lol

My wife works as a nurse in the ER - and she's got a laundry list of the stupidest names on earth.

How about 'Neveah' which is 'Heaven' spelled backwards.

or

'Absidey', which is spelled 'ABCDE'

:facepalm:

Yep. Thankfully, that idiocy is relegated to one area of the social class.

Those are the two I hear about most, but I hear about horrible names at least once every couple of weeks.

Our son was to be named 'Jack Thomas' - I didn't really have any need to stray off the beaten path.

My Aunt was a teacher in Coney Island

Usnavy and Usmail

Prounounced: Ooze-nah-vee and Ooze-my-el

Take a look again: U.S. Navy and U.S. Mail.

There were others.

I like to meet other people named Mike - it means I will usually be able to remember thier names! :D
I think Mike and Andy are the most common names, but I never kept a list. It was just an example;) Didn't mean to leave people out.

A few of my friend's kids are named Andy, Michael, Tim, Justin etc, so there is hope;)

Babies seem to be Mason, Mia, Braydon,Hadley, Cody not too many of those here yet;)

Yea my hockey team has three people named Chris on it. There is one guy that still doesn't know my name though :frustrated: He always yells out my number, but I wear a different jersey every game and don't have a consistent number. It is arbitrary thing to yell.

:roflmao:

What about the guy who named his 5 sons John

George Foreman's Children:

Foreman has 12 children, 5 sons and 7 daughters. His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). The two daughters from his marriage are Natalia and Leola; his three daughters from a separate relationship are Michi, Freeda, and Georgetta. He adopted a daughter, Isabella Brandie Lilja (Foreman), in 2009; and another, Courtney Isaac (Foreman), in 2012.

What about the guy who named his 5 sons John

George Foreman's Children:

Foreman has 12 children, 5 sons and 7 daughters. His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). The two daughters from his marriage are Natalia and Leola; his three daughters from a separate relationship are Michi, Freeda, and Georgetta. He adopted a daughter, Isabella Brandie Lilja (Foreman), in 2009; and another, Courtney Isaac (Foreman), in 2012.

Chris Martin naming his kid apple trumpes this

Both of Michael Jackson's sons were named Prince, but before him...Frank Zappa named his children Moon, Dweezil, Ahmet and Diva. It was Dweezil that I could never figure out.

Wikipedia explains.

Zappa was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of musician Frank Zappa and Gail Zappa, who worked in business.[1] He is the second of four siblings: his older sister, Moon, younger sister Diva and younger brother Ahmet. He is the cousin of actress Lala Sloatman.[2] Zappa's father was of Sicilian, Greek, Arab, and French descent, and his mother was of French, Irish and mostly Danish ancestry.[3]

Dweezil's registered birth name was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa.[4] The hospital at which he was born refused to register him under the name Dweezil, so Frank listed the names of several musician friends. "Dweezil" was a nickname coined by Frank for an oddly-curled pinky-toe of Gail's. At five years old, Dweezil learned that his legal name was different, and he insisted on having his nickname become his legal name. Gail and Frank hired an attorney and soon the name Dweezil was official.[5]

If I ever have kids, it will take some convincing, but "Derek" or "Jeter" is somehow finding its way onto the birth certificate.

If I ever have kids, it will take some convincing, but "Derek" or "Jeter" is somehow finding its way onto the birth certificate.

Maybe as the father....?