• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

When I was in university there were two guys that lived on the same floor as me in first year. They had the same name. One was Russian and one was Chinese. The name was Eric Chin / Eric Chen.

Personally I think that beats Pilot Inspector, but my mind is always in the gutter.

My husband came in here to ask if I was ok, I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk...

There was a follow up (my favorites are the guy from Miami, because of the end of his introduction, and of course my alma mater, Virginia Tech):

My daughter and I were watching a college football game once, and I was complaining about some of the names and said something like, "So many players have regular names with an extra syllable added in front, like LaDavid, DeAngelo, or DaMarcus" when I realized what the extras alone added up to...

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

-BJandtheBear McGillicuddy

lol

My wife works as a nurse in the ER - and she's got a laundry list of the stupidest names on earth.

How about 'Neveah' which is 'Heaven' spelled backwards.

or

'Absidey', which is spelled 'ABCDE'

:facepalm:

Yep. Thankfully, that idiocy is relegated to one area of the social class.

Those are the two I hear about most, but I hear about horrible names at least once every couple of weeks.

Our son was to be named 'Jack Thomas' - I didn't really have any need to stray off the beaten path.

I worked a call center once so I've seen my share of silly names. Never thought to write all of them down though. :pullhair:

If I ever have kids, it will take some convincing, but "Derek" or "Jeter" is somehow finding its way onto the birth certificate.

how about 'Seven' for a name?

"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven."

"Alright, let's see... How about Mug? Mug Costanza. That's original. Or Ketchup. Pretty name for a girl."

"Alright... You having a good time now?"

"I've got fifty right here in the cupboard... How about Bisquick? Pimento? Gherkin? Sauce? Maxwell House?"

"Alright already!!"

To all prospective parents, PLEASE don't name your child after the cultural fad of the day. I can say from experience that it never works out in the long run. :wishluck:

-BJandtheBear McGillicuddy

lol

My wife works as a nurse in the ER - and she's got a laundry list of the stupidest names on earth.

How about 'Neveah' which is 'Heaven' spelled backwards.

or

'Absidey', which is spelled 'ABCDE'

:facepalm:

Yep. Thankfully, that idiocy is relegated to one area of the social class.

Those are the two I hear about most, but I hear about horrible names at least once every couple of weeks.

Our son was to be named 'Jack Thomas' - I didn't really have any need to stray off the beaten path.

I worked a call center once so I've seen my share of silly names. Never thought to write all of them down though. :pullhair:

my wife calls me names all the time, and I'm going to start writing them down.

If I ever have kids, it will take some convincing, but "Derek" or "Jeter" is somehow finding its way onto the birth certificate.

how about 'Seven' for a name?

"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven."

"Alright, let's see... How about Mug? Mug Costanza. That's original. Or Ketchup. Pretty name for a girl."

"Alright... You having a good time now?"

"I've got fifty right here in the cupboard... How about Bisquick? Pimento? Gherkin? Sauce? Maxwell House?"

"Alright already!!"

lol

When I was in law school, I worked at the DA's Office during the day. I worked on a case where the defendant's last name was Raper.

Guess what he was charged with. ;)

Another defendant's last name was Drinkwater... charged with OUI, 5th Offense. :/

Ran across one person whose last name is Oh, and another whose last name is No

I immediately thought they would make a great law firm.

"Personal injury? OH NO! Worker's Compensation? OH NO! Divorce? OH NO! ....

The ad practically writes itself.

lol:applause:

If anyone hasn't checked out the annual Deadspin Name of the Year brackets, I encourage you to do so. Here is a link to the 2014 bracket.

Name Of The Year 2014 Final: Shamus Beaglehole Vs. Chillie Poon

These are real names, folks.

lol

If anyone hasn't checked out the annual Deadspin Name of the Year brackets, I encourage you to do so. Here is a link to the 2014 bracket.

Name Of The Year 2014 Final: Shamus Beaglehole Vs. Chillie Poon

These are real names, folks.

Pretty funny......kinda sad.

....lol Shitavious