• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

No need to try to drag Dale's name through the mud, especially if you "think" you bought that book off of him, and "can't remember". 2c

I was also struck by the disconnect between the severity of the accusation and the vagueness of the statement quoted from the PM.

And the lack of a willingness to post the reply from Dale, which is probably saying the same thing Dale's already said here. I think if the PM reply is exculpatory in nature, the mods won't mind you posting it Rupp. I'm sure Dale won't either.

So you've gone from a dispositive statement that Dale sold you a ct'd book (implying that it was purposefully done and further implying that he did so as a matter of course) to a PM where you (in your own words) aren't even positive that he sold such a book to you.

You are a class act, sir. A class act indeed.

I wasn't the only one to complain about this and it wasn't fair to all the other sellers who unceremoniously get there threads moved to Mixed.

I'd better pre-emptively respond to this, since I was one of the other complainers...hell, I think I was the one who made the first comment about it in the general discussion thread...

It was when I was going through my hardcore "we all need to follow the rules" phase, and I took particular issue with what I thought was inconsistent/preferential moderation...and I complained about it for a bit in the general discussion thread. But, like Dale, for my part I see no need to rehash this.

Dale and I closed our part of that incident with a couple of respectful comments towards each other...I ended up buying some books from Dale in that thread, and have bought more from him since then.

Dale and I have worked this out via PM.

He has stated he would never sell a book with undisclosed color touch unless by accident... and I believe him.

No matter what occurred btw us that year at Heroes Con concerning this book and it's attempted return... especially since over 13 years have passed... I don't believe Dale was malicious in his intent nor do I believe he would knowingly deceive an unsuspecting buyer.

We have discussed working on a professional level again and I look forward to future dealings with him from this point forward.

xxx ooo

Rupp

He has stated he would never sell a book with undisclosed color touch unless by accident... and I believe him.

No matter what occurred btw us that year at Heroes Con concerning this book and it's attempted return... especially since over 13 years have passed... I don't believe Dale was malicious in his intent nor do I believe he would knowingly deceive an unsuspecting buyer.

We have discussed working on a professional level again and I look forward to future dealings with him from this point forward.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Thanks Michael.

I will say in response that my comments concerning Rupp were prompted by hard feelings from the sales thread fiasco and from friends who were involved in the other thing. I should learnI to just keep my mouth shut sometimes. The +1,000,000 thing was uncalled for. I'm pretty fiercely loyal to friends, to my own detriment sometimes.

I think much of this was issue was based largely on a misunderstanding, for which I am at least partly responsible. I am sorry for that. I am also sorry for selling him a book that came back color touched and will try to make it right in the future.

Thanks to all those who spoke up for my integrity. I appreciate it greatly.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Thanks Michael.

I will say in response that my comments concerning Rupp were prompted by hard feelings from the sales thread fiasco and from friends who were involved in the other thing. I should learnI to just keep my mouth shut sometimes. The +1,000,000 thing was uncalled for. I'm pretty fiercely loyal to friends, to my own detriment sometimes.

I think much of this was issue was based largely on a misunderstanding, for which I am at least partly responsible. I am sorry for that. I am also sorry for selling him a book that came back color touched and will try to make it right in the future.

Thanks to all those who spoke up for my integrity. I appreciate it greatly.

Dale:

Those of us who've dealt with you know you are as honest as they come. It's clear that Rupp is trying to make a place for himself and his crappy sales threads here. His financial interest in the forums is really his only concern. It's also clear that he leveled these charges in the manner that he did with the sole intent to blackmail you.

It's another in a long line of super classy moves by the ole Ruppster.

*** posts were purged ***

I didn't see anything worth getting the hook. (shrug)

It's always better to sweep things under the rug 2c

Maybe, but you can always lift the rug back up and still see the same dirt sometimes.