• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

That's a late '44 book.  I thought the only books that had the --script without the date were from late '43.  Super cool!

8 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

That's a late '44 book.  I thought the only books that had the --script without the date were from late '43.  Super cool!

late camp books also show a mix of signature, code and date (often not all three). I remember a Clink auction from 4 years ago that had name and code, but no date (Military Comics, yellow cover with a row of Planes) that was a late 44 book.

great books for sure P4P!

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

late camp books also show a mix of signature, code and date (often not all three). I remember a Clink auction from 4 years ago that had name and code, but no date (Military Comics, yellow cover with a row of Planes) that was a late 44 book.

great books for sure P4P!

Thanks for the info!  This pedigree is definitely the most interesting to me.

6 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

The heat is most certainly not off this pedigree yet.  Makes me very glad I already have a camp copy.

I have one that I bought last year, my Sensation 30, which I love. At the time I bid what I thought was an outrageous amount to win it. I have a feeling that amount is going to double on this other book. 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I have one that I bought last year, my Sensation 30, which I love. At the time I bid what I thought was an outrageous amount to win it. I have a feeling that amount is going to double on this other book. 

I agree.  My copy was already a keeper, but it's even further in the keeper pile now.  There's no way I'd be able to replace it with the way prices are going.

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

The heat is most certainly not off this pedigree yet.  Makes me very glad I already have a camp copy.

Huh, wow yeah look at that and 5 days left to go.  Given a current count of 81 of camp era copies (borrowing heavily from the list maintained here) and just 180 or so total that could exist (based on date and code gaps) that's not a lot of supply.

Edited by path4play

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, skypinkblu said:

are you saying you no longer have a shadow that a boardie who loves you managed to get over to you once upon a time???????????????

34 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems the big hammer prices on camp-era books are really more reserved for war covers, specifically Timely's.  This is kind of a departure, no?  Or have all camp books been on fire recently and I'm missing something?

I'd be lucky to get cover price if i tried to sell this'un.

torch15.jpg

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems the big hammer prices on camp-era books are really more reserved for war covers, specifically Timely's.  This is kind of a departure, no?  Or have all camp books been on fire recently and I'm missing something?

I'd have to go back and look at what I said last time, but if I remember right it was 4-5x multiplier of what a non-pedigree CGC copy goes for, but 10-12x for military cover subject matter books.