• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official movie review of The Wolverine. Good? Bad?

201 posts in this topic

MAJOR SPOILER

For whatever reason, along with going 3/4 of the movie without healing factor, it really pissed me off they chopped off his claws

Other than that, best movie all summer :applause:

That Michael Jordan video is the best thing in this thread.

I heard there is something after the credits right?

The after credits scene makes it all worthwhile. :D

Can you do a spoiler alert and tell me what it is?

Rather not pay money to see this movie till comes out on red box.

DON'T CLICK ON THIS LINK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THE WOLVERINE POST-CREDITS SCENE.

Wolverine end credits scene discussion

I read it andddddddddd about time! :banana:

I will buy a ticket to this movie and will just walk in the when the credits start because this movie is such a filler POS movie.

Bring on the good stuff finally!

Don't hold your breath ;)

Saw it today!! It was alot better than Origins. The Mid-Post credit scene about Days of the Future Past was worth the ticket alone. It literally gave me chills seeing old Magneto and Professor talking to Wolverine!!

Everything I am reading regarding this and the future of the X films confirms my belief that they need an ACTUAL reboot! The direction they are going is so convoluted its going to kill the franchise...again.

Okay, my thoguhts on the movie:

It was certainly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Most of it was actually a lot better than I expected. Not perfect, but pretty darn solid.

And then they got to act 3 and the Silver Samurai robot and the Viper stuff and it just lost me, man. The rest of the movie was all about Wolverine's inner turmoil, but then suddenly it turns into a Green Lantern level dumb punch-em-up. I was really disappointed by the last 25 minutes or so. I thought they could have stuck more to the comic book and had a much more emotionally satisfying ending. We really did not need another giant robot fight, not in this movie. Felt out of left field. :(

The bonus scene during the credits was awesome though.

MAJOR SPOILER

spoiler reply inside

For whatever reason, along with going 3/4 of the movie without healing factor, it really pissed me off they chopped off his claws

It freaked me out and upset me as well but when I saw the credits scene I get this feeling that Magneto might have something to do with him getting them adamantium laced again. He seems like the only one capable of doing such a feat short of the Ryker Origins fusing process. I'm sure if that's not their intent, a bunch of fans complaining might force their hand to bringing them back. I do lament how infrequent his claws are seen lopping off limbs and slicing through swords.

I will buy a ticket to this movie and will just walk in the when the credits start because this movie is such a filler POS movie.

I agree the credits scene makes up for a seemingly lackluster movie (albeit one with decent action, Hugh Jackedupman's Wolverines in it!!! and hey cute Asian chicks) and double agree that this movie was just filler similar to how Marvel tends to do this with comic books.

Overall I had a decent time watching it and after a pretty "meh" ending it had us in the perfect trough of disillusionment to hit us over the head with the credits scene boosting us back up the rising slope of enlightenment again. The whole theater erupted in cheers with, "AW YEAHs!", "OMGs!", "HELL YEAHs!", some "WOOTs", a couple of "DAT's WAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUTs"! and even a "THANK YOU JESUS!!!" multiple times during and after the scene. Oh yeah and nothing at the very end of the credits so once the early credit scene ends just leave unless you actually want to see who that key grip was and how to spell their name in Japanese and the shout out to the 15,000 jobs that were created by the movie.

Everything I am reading regarding this and the future of the X films confirms my belief that they need an ACTUAL reboot! The direction they are going is so convoluted its going to kill the franchise...again.

Sounds to me they are just following the comic books then. :insane:

4 out of 5, better than Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel. Not as good as the Jordan dunk.

You should get a strike for feeling that way. lol

MOS is better than Avengers.

...........oh yea to be politically correct

huge sigh......

In my opinion.

4 out 5 is on par with Iron Man 1 or Dark Knight so no offense I think giving this a 4 I would strongly disagree with after I see this pointless movie on red box.

4 out 5 is on par with Iron Man 1 or Dark Knight so no offense I think giving this a 4 I would strongly disagree with after I see this pointless movie on red box.

I'm not offended--on my scale I give Iron Man 1 and Dark Knight a 5, so this is a 4.

Now if we're off the superhero scale, I'd be much more likely to watch the director's 3:10 to Yuma again than I would The Wolverine.

I'm not sure why you think this is a pointless movie, esp. since it has some good elements from the 1982 miniseries and gets Wolverine to Japan, which is really great.

Salon said this was the best superhero movie of the summer and I agree. The SF Chronicle reviewer, who really doesn't like superhero movies, gave this one a very enthusiastic review.

MAJOR SPOILER

spoiler reply inside

It freaked me out and upset me as well but when I saw the credits scene I get this feeling that Magneto might have something to do with him getting them adamantium laced again. He seems like the only one capable of doing such a feat short of the Ryker Origins fusing process. I'm sure if that's not their intent, a bunch of fans complaining might force their hand to bringing them back. I do lament how infrequent his claws are seen lopping off limbs and slicing through swords.

I agree the credits scene makes up for a seemingly lackluster movie (albeit one with decent action, Hugh Jackedupman's Wolverines in it!!! and hey cute Asian chicks) and double agree that this movie was just filler similar to how Marvel tends to do this with comic books.

Overall I had a decent time watching it and after a pretty "meh" ending it had us in the perfect trough of disillusionment to hit us over the head with the credits scene boosting us back up the rising slope of enlightenment again. The whole theater erupted in cheers with, "AW YEAHs!", "OMGs!", "HELL YEAHs!", some "WOOTs", a couple of "DAT's WAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUTs"! and even a "THANK YOU JESUS!!!" multiple times during and after the scene. Oh yeah and nothing at the very end of the credits so once the early credit scene ends just leave unless you actually want to see who that key grip was and how to spell their name in Japanese and the shout out to the 15,000 jobs that were created by the movie.

Did this actually happen? People actually yelled out "woot" and "thank you jesus"? lol:cloud9:

Appropriate for a five year old that loved Dark Knight Rises?

My son keeps telling me to go see it first then he'll go if I say it's okay.

He said I could ask someone online and if they said it was appropriate he would go.

lol remind me to educate him later about the dangers of online predators.