• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official movie review of The Wolverine. Good? Bad?

201 posts in this topic

Wow. Haven't seen the film yet but reading this thread begs the question: did Jean Grey really have that kinda affect on Logan? "Love of his life"? I've seen all the X flicks and I just didn't get that kind of connection between them. Now, do her scenes in The Wolverine matter or is it all just dream sequences? DO you feel invested in their "relationship"?
I saw it as more guilt-driven, since he popped claws in her at the climax of Last Stand. Yeah, he had a thing for her, and having to kill her left him with a lot to deal with, so the memory of her haunts him. This movie seems to have shown him finally dealing with that, amid everything else going on.

Didn't he and/or Jean also scream "I love you" right before he killed her in Last Stand? I was thinking he did while I was watching "The Wolverine," but I couldn't remember for sure if either or both of them did.

Does anyone know if this "Viper" character was in the comics, and if so, where? Never heard of her before. This Wikipedia article doesn't seem to mention the character having the powers the one in this film did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viper_(Marvel_Comics)

Cute, not beautiful. Not enough eye candy to make me care about the story.

DG

Tao Okamoto is not beautiful??? :o:o:o

Never seen her before today, but she's quite nice. Insanely tall for a Japanese woman as well at 5' 10". In heels she was close to Hugh Jackman's height when they stood next to each other.

tumblr_mnhu5khKyN1qza84qo3_500.jpg

wolverine-Tao-Okamoto-hugh-jackman.jpg

Stan didn't have a cameo (thumbs u

Nor should we expect it, he wasn't in the Marvel offices anymore by the time Wolverine got created, he had nothing to do with him. It's always strange seeing signed copies by him of Hulk 181, X-Men 94, or GS X-Men 1 when he had little to do with those books. ???

Does anyone know if this "Viper" character was in the comics, and if so, where? Never heard of her before. This Wikipedia article doesn't seem to mention the character having the powers the one in this film did.

I think it's a name only association. Viper in the comics was a sort of Steranko-esque version of the Dragon Lady. Too much hotness for the movie, apparently. :)

Cute, not beautiful. Not enough eye candy to make me care about the story.

DG

Tao Okamoto is not beautiful??? :o:o:o

Never seen her before today, but she's quite nice. Insanely tall for a Japanese woman as well at 5' 10". In heels she was close to Hugh Jackman's height when they stood next to each other.

tumblr_mnhu5khKyN1qza84qo3_500.jpg

wolverine-Tao-Okamoto-hugh-jackman.jpg

I liked her as Mariko.

I liked Yuriko more though :grin: (man,can she kick or what :applause: )

I think it's a name only association. Viper in the comics was a sort of Steranko-esque version of the Dragon Lady. Too much hotness for the movie, apparently. :)

Yeah but who ever the Viper was she had the proper waist to hip ratio hubba hubba

Just went to see it I liked it the wife liked it..Luckily we were in an empty theater. when Wolverine gets back his mojo The wife Lets out an " I am wolverinnnnne" from his Oscar song and dance I LOLLED
lol

I was in a crowded theater.

I would have said "I'M THE GOD D*** WOLVERINE" :headbang:

What keeps it a perfect 5 is the Jean Gray scenes were very confusing for me (is she dead?,why is she in Wolverine's dreams?,why is she even in the movie?

These are questions that I can't explain (shrug) )

It was rather straightforward--she's in his dreams because he loved her. Within the context of the film's plot offering him the option of losing his healing powers, she represents a reason for him to die, so he can be with her in the afterlife.

I don't think she was JUST in his dreams.