• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Copper Horror Thread
3 3

300 posts in this topic

Another pretty cool book. Halloween is definitely one of my favorites of the slasher flicks. Micheal Myers is one mean mutha...shut your mouth.

Very cool cover that Chaos came out with on this one. It uses that original video cover/poster for the movie which is so classic. Also is a glow in the dark issue and limited to 6,666 copies (how clever!)

819723-IMG_2565_1.jpg

Another book for the want list. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's amazing how great the Internet has proven to be such an important tool in our hobby. It brings awareness to so many levels, on items that many would never have knew existed if not for its presence.

Amen! In fact, I think the internet and venues such as eBay surpassed the Overstreet Price Guide in importance to this hobby when they hit the scene. Much more of a reflection of true FMV on auction sites, IMO. gossip.gif

Double Amen. eBay has really leveled the playing field for collectors. The internet has amplifies things to the nTH power. If you think about it, you can find certain books that it may of otherwise taken you a decade to find. Since the my time using eBay starting 1999, my collection has grown ten fold. Kinda scary! Haha, its now its own entity.

-bounty

Oh man....Ohhhh man. This Leatherface Mini-series is by FAR the best Horror Slasher flick to ever make it into comics. Northstar really pulled off some great stuff in this series. They were looking to make an actual Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series after this one, but it never made it to print... frown.gif Though, I guess you got to be happy with what you got, and this series was the cats pajamas for Slasher freaks like myself devil.gif

Alright, now the first issue had a really awesome Painted cover of Leatherface in a great pose. The remaining Issues had, drawn covers. Second issue has a pretty sweet scene with Leatherface shredding into a car through its front windshield.

img255816tj.jpgimg256019ti.jpg

The remaining 2 issues had pretty crude covers. Issue #3, probably containing the most gruesome cover of the series. You can see entrails, guts and an eyeball on Leatherface work space. Great how they show the reflection in the cleaver of the lady's gutted boyfriend who is hanging upside down. Wow! Issue #4, not anything to amazing. Just leatherface standing in the Hewett's family pool of death after a fresh kill.

img256119vd.jpgimg256212oz.jpg

Here is some of the freak'n sweet interior art to these books. The first image is from issue #1. They obviously switched interior artists for the remaining 3 books. Here in the first picture you have leatherface raising a sledge hammer and cracking a victim square in the head (brain matter going everywhere). Really brutul stuff in these mags. They were rated Mature!

img255419eo.jpg

Next Image Leatherface is at it again with that sledgehammer. Never really have seen comics that were quite this graphic. But I'll tell you, if they were going to do it, doing it for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series was the correct pick!

img255519ur.jpg

Really great scenes illustrated in this series. I really like how the panels are almost seamless with eachother. Here we have Leatherface reving the mighty chainsaw right into a hanging victim, as shrills are let out, and Leatherface's psychotic sibling gets his kicks off of the event.

img255114ue.jpg

Here one of the surviving victims gets some redemption with a knife stab right to the gullet. Leatherface, stands by his family members who was filled with bullets by the Lady in the previous page.

img255710ea.jpg

Final image here one of the last surviving victims sneaks up on Leatherface as he is looking for her in the woods. She cracks him over the head with a good sized rock a few times and knocks him unconscious while his chainsaw goes wild buzzzzzing in the water with out an orchestrator to lead it.

img255612yj.jpg

Simply great series if your a horror fanatic. It is graphic I will say that. But by far the best Movie to comic instance to ever grace the newstand! thumbsup2.gif

-bounty

Cool stuff Bounty! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I just checked as I thought I had this mini but I'm missing issues 1 and 4! mad.gif

I love this hobby cloud9.gif

Yeah great books, as usual I have my reading set and a pristine group. Might have an extra #1 & #4 if interested? I have to get my books in check (inventoried frustrated.gif)

-bounty

The 1st movie was great And I love horror titles But I can't get into the TCM comics. One came out about 2 weeks ago and I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It maybe the art or the fact that I will only watch the original and the remake and not 2-4 I dunno

Just picked up a copy of Tales To Terrible To Tell # 1 (first print)

For those who don't know this was published by NEC and contains Pre-Code Horror reprints along with commentary writings about the publishers and stories.

One question I have if anyone can answer is that on the inside cover it states that this issue is one of a serially numbered special edition. Does anyone know if all first printings were numbered and how many were printed?

915753-TalesToTerribleToTell%231Art.jpg

Oh, here is the cover that is very cool BTW!

915753-TalesToTerribleToTell%231.jpg

589a8d41c736a_915753-TalesToTerribleToTell1.jpg.b2733b6d9a43cc4de72687a2a17c5f71.jpg

One question I have if anyone can answer is that on the inside cover it states that this issue is one of a serially numbered special edition. Does anyone know if all first printings were numbered and how many were printed?

Jayman, my copy is #6,356. My guess is that all first prints were numbered. I would imagine they did 6,500 - 10,000 copies. I know it took them like four years to sell out & do a second print run. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Never really have seen comics that were quite this graphic. But I'll tell you, if they were going to do it, doing it for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series was the correct pick!

More graphic than Faust, or just about anything Tim Vigil Book? Faust is just disgusting. Don't think it was in color though.

Skull Vision! I'm reading this one right now and yes, I look goofy with my 3-D

paper glasses on but I almost forgot how cool these 3-D books are to read!

Ray Zone really did a great job on the 3-D effects. thumbsup2.gif

973560-Mr.Monster%5C%27sTripleThreat3-D%231.jpg

589a8d41d23b5_973560-Mr.MonstersTripleThreat3-D1.jpg.083daa67ac9773f3521482f5c48947ce.jpg