• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

In an interview with Metro, Carter was asked if it will be odd seeing someone else in the Wonder Woman role. Carter replied, “I don’t think so. It was a long time ago. I care more about the character continuing than holding on to my piece of it. I hope she has fun with it.”
When I bought my Wonder Woman Christmas ornament at Target, the cashier broke down telling me how beautiful Linda Carter was and how she called her up to tell her she won a beauty contest (way back when). I never see this kind of iconic stuff with celebs from that era (even my sister was WW for Halloween '78). If this character is done right, it will explode. I swear these young girls addicted to princess stuff are looking for a kick-butt one to move the genre forward a bit (if The Brave, Tangled are indicators).

In an interview with Metro, Carter was asked if it will be odd seeing someone else in the Wonder Woman role. Carter replied, “I don’t think so. It was a long time ago. I care more about the character continuing than holding on to my piece of it. I hope she has fun with it.”
When I bought my Wonder Woman Christmas ornament at Target, the cashier broke down telling me how beautiful Linda Carter was and how she called her up to tell her she won a beauty contest (way back when). I never see this kind of iconic stuff with celebs from that era (even my sister was WW for Halloween '78). If this character is done right, it will explode. I swear these young girls addicted to princess stuff are looking for a kick-butt one to move the genre forward a bit (if The Brave, Tangled are indicators).

I so want to see her nail this role, along with all the actors associated with the movie.

:wishluck:

She most likely was told to eat fast food and unhealthy food to gain weight
That's not really a good idea.

What she really needs is lean proteins like chicken or fish.

Plus,good carbs for energy.

true but to help her gain fat most likely so they can then work on turning fat into muscle and start eating more lean foods.

Gal Gadot Talks Wonder Woman Casting and Prep

According to a translation via Batman-News, Gadot addressed the criticism that she has too slender a physique for the role: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book'…it’d be problematic."

Like that is gonna stop the fanboys from drooling!

:lol:

-slym

Gal Gadot Talks Wonder Woman Casting and Prep

According to a translation via Batman-News, Gadot addressed the criticism that she has too slender a physique for the role: "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go 'by the book'…it’d be problematic."

Like that is gonna stop the fanboys from drooling!

:lol:

-slym

But think of the Greek mythology geeks it would bring into the theaters.

5pq7e.jpg

Arrow’s Stephen Amell Wants Shared Universe With Batman Vs. Superman

I like the thinking from Stephen Amell. It matches what Guillermo del Toro is suggesting as well. And it would make for a nice tie-in across all the content where fans and new viewers would see there is a close-knit inner story how these superheroes and supervillains are all across the DC Universe.

I'll say what I want, thanks. Use the scroll feature on your mouse. That's what

I do, instead of whining about what someone posts.

The PM threat was the best part of the engagement.

:cloud9:

I guess it will be a Merry Christmas.

Figures you would take an offer to buy you an ice cream cone as a threat. Not surprising comin from the the nancy that considers a statement like "Marvel has IT", to be DC bashing. :screwy:

What does "the nancy" mean?

Dude, you're super tough. Is that nice? I'm not tough so I'm just wondering is all.

Well, he is the Hulk.

Dude, you're super tough. Is that nice? I'm not tough so I'm just wondering is all.

Well, he is the Hulk.

i'm not one to jump to assumptions but i think he likes Marvel, maybe more than DC

Gal Gadot To Gain Weight For Wonder Woman Role In Batman Vs. Superman

In regards to being told by her agent that she landed the job, Gadot revealed that she was on a plane traveling from Israel to New York when she got the call so she couldn’t make any loud noises. Later that night in her hotel room, Gadot said, “I remember laying in the darkness by myself, staring at the ceiling, and I was telling myself ‘It’s not real!’…it shouldn’t be like that, I’m supposed to be like… ‘Where’s the champagne?’”

Hopefully her excitement over the role will pay off for fans. :wishluck:

Why was she allowed to take a phone call mid flight?

If they landed or were about to take off, she could have celebrated. By saying she couldnt make loud noises tells me they were in the air, which again begs the question, why was she allowed to field a call?

As far as her saying its the new Wonder Woman as the justification of her looks is not good enough to me. I still don't want Olive Oil playing Diana Prince. Gadot's acting is sufficient I suppose, though I'm definitely not blown away with her in Fast and Furious. She looks cute enough, I just prefer the most powerful woman in the world to have some curves.

She has no breasts, no hips, no butt, and no discerable muscles to speak of. I'm not looking for She-Hulk but come on folks, something. If her trainer pulls this off, they should be the top trainer in the world. Then again Affleck isn't exactly bulky enough to pull of Bruce Wayne last I saw.

Still think DC could have made things a lot easier for themselves but this will be interesting. I'm not sold, but I also wont lie to you and say I won't watch the darn thing.

Denzel would be awesome!!

I would love to see another heavyweight actor as a villain in this movie. If any of the rumors come together...

:cloud9:

Denzel or Bryan Cranston would make me happy. Definitely not Joaquin Phoenix. Isn't he a retired rapper now anyway?

I'm in "wait and see" mode right now on Wonder Woman. There were some good actresses that were in the running for this role. There has to be some unrealized potential they picked up on, as there is too much at risk to blow this now. Man of Steel opened the door to a lot of potential films.

As far as JP, the guy is full of surprises. "Gladiator" demonstrated his potential to play a strong villain. "Walk the Line" demonstrated his range. We shall see what comes in the next month.