• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Here come the re-writes.......

The Hollywood Reporter writes that Academy Award winning screenwriter Chris Terrio (Argo) has been brought in to rewrite David Goyer's screenplay in advance of next year's production.

Good or bad? (shrug)

So many mixed signals from this production. As of now, Ben Affleck is the most interesting part of the movie to me.

If it's a page 1 rewrite, that would signal a problem in my eyes, but if it's just to refine what's already there, it will probably be a positive.

It's not uncommon to see rewrites for a movie in production.
Well, best in "pre-production". I've always found any re-writes in actual production not a good sign on how the movie is going. It's probably just a polish at this point anyway.

The Hollywood Reporter writes that Academy Award winning screenwriter Chris Terrio (Argo) has been brought in to rewrite David Goyer's screenplay in advance of next year's production.

Good or bad? (shrug)

So many mixed signals from this production. As of now, Ben Affleck is the most interesting part of the movie to me.

If it's a page 1 rewrite, that would signal a problem in my eyes, but if it's just to refine what's already there, it will probably be a positive.

Well, best in "pre-production". I've always found any re-writes in actual production not a good sign on how the movie is going. It's probably just a polish at this point anyway.

Official filming doesn't start until February 2014. Nobody is assuming changes are occurring during filming, are they?

February to August 2014

Good or bad? (shrug)

Official filming doesn't start until February 2014. Nobody is assuming changes are occurring during filming, are they?

February to August 2014

I don't think we will hear about -script changes until after the fact anyway. This will probably be an almost $300 million juggernaut that Warner Brothers needs to be the next Avengers and I don't mean the 1998 big-budget WB belly-flop.

So I'm trying to wrap my mind around DC's decisions but I can't. Ben Affleck as Batman, he COULD pull it off, but not my ideal choice by far. A sentiment which lots of people agree with.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, if Affleck pulling of Batman is 50/50, Gadot has about a 5% chance, assuming she has the acting chops which is a big assumption, she needs to hit the gym..hard, Sh'e best suited for Olive Oil in a Popeye movie based on her body type. So 2 strikes as far as I concerned.

Then Brian Cranston indicates interest as Lex Luthor, vast majority of populace agrees and is excited about the prospect so naturally DC says Joaquin Phoenix is considered to be Luthor.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is Affleck getting so much $$$ that Gadot and Phoenix can be paid significantly less? I would assume Cranston could demand quite a bit. Is it all about money, is DC trying to fail, or are they just hopelessly out of touch with the target audience?

So I'm trying to wrap my mind around DC's decisions but I can't. Ben Affleck as Batman, he COULD pull it off, but not my ideal choice by far. A sentiment which lots of people agree with.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, if Affleck pulling of Batman is 50/50, Gadot has about a 5% chance, assuming she has the acting chops which is a big assumption, she needs to hit the gym..hard, Sh'e best suited for Olive Oil in a Popeye movie based on her body type. So 2 strikes as far as I concerned.

Then Brian Cranston indicates interest as Lex Luthor, vast majority of populace agrees and is excited about the prospect so naturally DC says Joaquin Phoenix is considered to be Luthor.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is Affleck getting so much $$$ that Gadot and Phoenix can be paid significantly less? I would assume Cranston could demand quite a bit. Is it all about money, is DC trying to fail, or are they just hopelessly out of touch with the target audience?

Who are the target audience? I would argue it's not comic book readers.

hey now, if every comic book reader bought a ticket the domestic BO might break $2mm.

hey now, if every comic book reader bought a ticket the domestic BO might break $2mm.

lol

Nowadays, you are not kidding.

That's prolly enough to pay the fluff girls. So that's significant.

Batman vs Superman costumes nearly finalized.

IGN

I'm very curious to see Wonder Woman's costume hm

You and me both.

same here we could see a wonder woman with Armour like in the flashpoint movie Edited by kagenish

Well, I finnnnnalllllly caught up with the Fast & Furious movies (4-6) and I have no problem with Gal's casting as Wonder Woman. I kinda see what they might being going for with the tall "perfectly-sculpted-goddess" look. There's a lot of emotion behind her eyes that shows she's not all about looks. Almost a weariness. I guess we will wait and see.

‘Batman vs. Superman’ Producer Talks Wonder Woman and Ben Affleck’s Batman

On Wonder Woman...

[My daughter’s] favorite book is this little Wonder Woman flip book. It has the lasso, the invisible plane, the bracelets – every page has an image she’s just in awe with. And something that’s become a reality, being a dad with a new daughter, is that I have a special place in my heart for the idea of a strong, empowered female superhero being out there.

On Ben Affleck Batman...

Anything you do that’s culturally significant or any time you deal with an iconic character or story, you’re going to hear responses from every possible perspective… If anything, that gauges the relevance of a property or character, and it’s invigorating to know people care that much. It inspires you to make the coolest version of the movie that you can. Ben is the perfect fit for Zack’s vision for this story.

:wishluck::wishluck:

I guess Denzel Washington is still in the running

New reports last week said that Joaquin Phoenix is high on Warner Bros.’ list to play a still-unnamed role in Batman vs. Superman. Though that role hasn’t been identified, sources say he would be the “main protagonist,” which insiders believe will be Lex Luthor.Denzel Washington could be a good fit for the Lex Luthor role. He is great at playing larger-than-life characters, and has played villains before to great acclaim (including a Best Actor Oscar for Training Day). Denzel can even pull off Luthor’s trademark bald head, a look the actor showed off in The Equalizer.

the “main protagonist,” which insiders believe will be Lex Luthor.Denzel Washington could be a good fit for the Lex Luthor role.

Give the rights back to Disney!

Do you just live to troll in this thread? There really is no other good reason for you to post other than that.