• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Some additional details from that article.

Did Zack Snyder Call A Radio Show To Defend AQUAMAN?

-------------------------

This morning, a man claiming to be the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder called the Detroit radio station 97.1 The Ticket. The caller's voice sounds nearly identical to Zack's. This man, gave the hosts a ring because he heard them making disparaging remarks about Aquaman. Well, "Zack" didn't care for that one bit and felt obligated to give them a ring in order to defend the King of the Seven Seas.

hm

I'm really starting to like this director a lot.

He seems to know and love the material.

By the way, that is really cool to see how different directors will play around with one another creatively.

J.J. Abrams responding to his Cavill Jedi Knight was a nice thing to see happen.

:applause:

By the way, that is really cool to see how different directors will play around with one another creatively.

J.J. Abrams responding to his Cavill Jedi Knight was a nice thing to see happen.

yeah it shows friends in the film make world having fun, but wouldn't C-3P0 fall or be scare mess less. Edited by kagenish

Looks like Brolin has hard feelings about not being selected as Batman by Snyder.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Villain Josh Brolin Takes A None-Too-Subtle Jab At Zack Snyder

The closest he came was acknowleding in a March interview with Total Film magazine that he and director Zack Snyder didn't see eye to eye on how Batman should be approached.

“Me and Zack had a conversation about it,” Brolin explained at the time, “and there were several reasons why we said it wasn’t the best idea on both sides. I had mine and Zack had his.”

He seemed to suggest that Snyder's take on the character was a bit too "cool" for him, valuing big moments and clever lines. That wouldn't be too far off-target, given the fact that Snyder has repeatedly cited Frank Miller's Batman, who enjoyed a little of that style depiction, as his muse.

Another thing that I really loved is, they said that they didn't use directors that did music videos and all that in the past. They would always look for people who had done stories. If you look at James Gunn's oeuvre, he's done even web series, but they're all stories."

:facepalm:

I doubt the folks at Marvel Studios made a crack about Snyder being a former music video director. Even their big directors are not going to waste time like that, but more keep it professional. Whedon especially has been quite classy.

A Laughingstock? 10 Reasons AQUAMAN is a BADASS!

But despite his recent success, there are still some folks who think Aquaman is a wimp, some guy with no powers other than to breathe underwater and talk to fish (as if it wouldn't be cool to communicate with sharks and for dolphins to consider us family). This is wrong on many levels. Aquaman has shown himself to be a formidable hero, able to battle the Justice League to a standstill even. So let's take a look at 10 reasons why this famous King of Atlantis is a force to be respected.

So it's beyond a shadow of a doubt that Affleck's Batman is running around in the Metropolis set. There was a picture posted earlier with him running towards a police car that had the city name right on it.

What kind of disaster is happening AGAIN in Metropolis that levels an entire city? I think it adds credence to my previous thought about alot of "flashbacks" to the 1st MOS movie. Bruce Wayne was probably there on business at Wayne Financial....and saw the crisis develop like all the other folks in Metropolis did. He was probably almost killed a half a dozen times.....

There was one scene of the filming where he runs past a black marble Greek style pillar that came crashing down....and he picks up a little girl while running to save her life.

All these events scream 1st MOS street perspective.

After having been almost killed and seeing hundreds if not thousands of people in mortal danger...I can see why the Dark Knight gets a bit riled up.