• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Jason Momoa Talks AQUAMAN Poster Reveal, MAN OF STEEL Cameo, JUSTICE LEAGUE, And More

------------------

On How He Feels To Bring The Character To The Big Screen:

Oh, absolutely. The whole mythology of Aquaman is pretty amazing. There’s so many things to tell, and there’s a whole backstory that’s just amazing. There’s a lot of surprises coming. I think, yeah, he’s been cast aside. But, um [laughs] times are going to change now, buddy. Conan was really hard, because you have 15 different types of fans and so many things to respect and honor. To do it right it’s got to be bloody-bloody-bloody-bloody-bloody, and not a lot of people go see that anymore. It’s not the ’80s anymore. It’s a really hard format. We busted , but there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen on that one. What’s great about this is Zack, man. We don’t want to just reinvent it, but he’s a got a whole idea of what Aquaman should be and I’m really honored to be playing it. I’m excited for the world to see it.

------------------

Was The BATMAN v SUPERMAN Trailer Leaked On 4Chan?

-------------------

"For those who didn't see the BvS trailer on /tv/ last night. YOU MISSED A LOT. The new BvS trailer was a rehash of the last one with Batman narrating the entire time however the new one had some snippets of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg. Only Aquaman was in costume though, Ezra Miller and Cyborg are just wearing civilian clothes," wrote Comic Central City.

It has been reported previously, that the opening scene from the alleged Batman v Superman leaked trailer shows a flashback of all of the destruction to Metropolis at the end of "Man of Steel," while Batman explains in a voice-over that "the world has changed with the arrival of the Kryptonians." Ben Affleck's Batman is then shown in the Batsuit asking whether or not Superman is going to save mankind or destroy them. The trailer then reveals the "Batman V Superman" logo as Batman announces, "I'm going to find out."

-------------------

BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Junkie XL On The Cultural Impact of Superheroes

----------------

"What’s interesting is that Hans and I met Zack last week and he said something in general about these superheroes," he explained. "All these heroes – Tarzan, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, all the Marvel comics – all these characters are bigger than all the directors that ever dealt with them, are bigger than all the cartoonists that ever drew them, are bigger than any composer that would ever work on them. Batman will still be around in 100 years. Superman will still be around in 150 years. Spider-Man would still be around, in some form, in 200 years.

It’s such a cultural thing. So you know when you were work on Man of Steel, in 10 years somebody is going to do the music for Man of Steel, and a different director is going to be doing Man of Steel. That’s the reality. So all you can do is to give it not only your best, but your vision on what this character is, when you become one with that character."

----------------

:applause:

Link

I'm all for this casting if it turns out to be true :grin:

Sorry, just don't see Capt. Kirk in the role. Still holding out for Capt. Reynolds to pick up the ring.....

As much as I'd like GL to enjoy the continuity of a prior movie.....it does appear that practically everything Ryan Reynolds is involved with is a huge disaster of epic proportions. I think he is perfectly suited for the Deadpool role and he should stick with that. More than likely he's going to be prohibited from engaging in DC properties with a Marvel contract like a few others that already have been (like the gal that plays lady Sif).

I don't necessarily hate on RR, nor do I think the GL movie was that bad (except for choice and presentation of villain)...but it's hard to ignore how much hate was piled on it.....including RR's own statements about the role and his lack of interest.

I think we do need a fresh start.

As much as I'd like GL to enjoy the continuity of a prior movie.....it does appear that practically everything Ryan Reynolds is involved with is a huge disaster of epic proportions. I think he is perfectly suited for the Deadpool role and he should stick with that. More than likely he's going to be prohibited from engaging in DC properties with a Marvel contract like a few others that already have been (like the gal that plays lady Sif).

I don't necessarily hate on RR, nor do I think the GL movie was that bad (except for choice and presentation of villain)...but it's hard to ignore how much hate was piled on it.....including RR's own statements about the role and his lack of interest.

As much it is painful to see as reality with by beloved Green Lantern, what you noted seems to be true.

From the commercials, I really thought R.I.P.D. was going to be really good. And if they had formatted the movie like the commercial, it could have. But it just dragged in certain scenes to the point it was a wasted opportunity.

I do think as Deadpool he can pull this off.

Link

I'm all for this casting if it turns out to be true :grin:

Sorry, just don't see Capt. Kirk in the role. Still holding out for Capt. Reynolds to pick up the ring.....

I was thinking of Capt. Malcolm Reynolds. :foryou: