• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Link

I'm all for this casting if it turns out to be true :grin:

Sorry, just don't see Capt. Kirk in the role. Still holding out for Capt. Reynolds to pick up the ring.....

As much as I'd like GL to enjoy the continuity of a prior movie.....it does appear that practically everything Ryan Reynolds is involved with is a huge disaster of epic proportions. I think he is perfectly suited for the Deadpool role and he should stick with that. More than likely he's going to be prohibited from engaging in DC properties with a Marvel contract like a few others that already have been (like the gal that plays lady Sif).

I don't necessarily hate on RR, nor do I think the GL movie was that bad (except for choice and presentation of villain)...but it's hard to ignore how much hate was piled on it.....including RR's own statements about the role and his lack of interest.

I think we do need a fresh start.

I was thinking of Capt. Malcolm Reynolds. :foryou:

But with his connection to Joss don't you think it more likely he ends up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Other than as a giant blue alien?)

Love this casting. Looks like Hal to me! Ryan Reynolds is/will be a great DP. Check him out in an indie film called The Voices (about a serial killer who takes orders from his cat) It's terrific
He did some solid acting recently as an obsessed dad still looking for his missing daughter after eight years in "The Captive". Hard to believe he joked his way through Green Lantern.

From the commercials, I really thought R.I.P.D. was going to be really good. And if they had formatted the movie like the commercial, it could have. But it just dragged in certain scenes to the point it was a wasted opportunity.

Plus, how could a movie with a sinister Kevin Bacon and a scenery-chewing Jeff Bridges suck?

RR didn't convince me for a second that he was a test pilot or Green Lantern.

Like you've met either. lol

Actually, my brother was a test pilot in the Navy . . . :whistle:

From the commercials, I really thought R.I.P.D. was going to be really good. And if they had formatted the movie like the commercial, it could have. But it just dragged in certain scenes to the point it was a wasted opportunity.

Plus, how could a movie with a sinister Kevin Bacon and a scenery-chewing Jeff Bridges suck?

I saw the film 3 times, tried to be as positive as possible,

but you can't put lipstick on a pig and expect it to fly,

I think the saying goes :insane:

Twice myself, after the first time I was thinking maybe I misunderstood the tone (maybe not so much Hellboy, but Men In Black). Definitely, not as good as Men In Black II, which was pretty :eyeroll: .

Twice myself, after the first time I was thinking maybe I misunderstood the tone (maybe not so much Hellboy, but Men In Black). Definitely, not as good as Men In Black II, which was pretty :eyeroll: .

It was tough to sit next to my Marvel buddy and try to make it look like I actually though what was happening was great.

THE WALKING DEAD Creator Robert Kirkman Discusses BATMAN V SUPERMAN

-----------------

“Anyone would be foolish to think that Marvel hasn’t done something extremely special. I think of Iron Man ending with with a surprise cameo from Samuel L. Jackson [mentioning] The Avengers – you were like, ‘What?! How did that happen?!’ People forget that was a surprise. Everything that came out of that was very organic and very exciting.

I think [DC] announcing you’re going to do a Justice League movie after a Superman movie, that was neat and had some awesome things in it, but it wasn’t like amazing or groundbreaking – I shouldn’t have said that. It was an awesome movie, I like it. [The plan] just seems derivative, so it puts them in a backseat position to Marvel. It’s not organic so there’s going to be so much scrutiny on Batman V Superman when it comes out, it’s got an uphill battle. If they hadn’t told anybody if the Justice League were going to appearing in that, and they were forming that, it would have been surprising and exciting and weird. People are forgetting how important the surprise is. But, you know, Aquaman looks awesome and I’m sure it will be great.”

-----------------

...kinda like the basketball player who struts after a dunk when his team is down by 30.

:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

I think the Samuel Jackson/Anthony Mackie carp talking is what started this ball rolling. Those videos with them talking about kicking Batman v Superman's butt, and Chris Evans looking uncomfortable while they did it, were very un-superhero like.

We'll see how all these movies play out as competing universes. But to me, as long as they all deliver, that's what matters.