• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's really nice to see how the actions of MOS are having their outcomes played out in a logical, character-driven fashion in this film. Don't know how WW fits in yet (man, I hope she can act), but I'm pleased with the arc of this film even though I didn't love the first movie. Can't wait to give this one a try, though!

Dan

Yeah, it's really nice to see how the actions of MOS are having their outcomes played out in a logical, character-driven fashion in this film. Don't know how WW fits in yet (man, I hope she can act), but I'm pleased with the arc of this film even though I didn't love the first movie. Can't wait to give this one a try, though!

Dan

I'm sure she'll be fine :)

This will be one of those movies where superman doesnt just defeat his foe by burning his jaw off from 5 miles away with heat vision.

This will be one of those movies where superman doesnt just defeat his foe by burning his jaw off from 5 miles away with heat vision.

If there was any kind of physics based logic, flash should be able to own batman -- and even moreso -- batman would be close to the bottom of the hero chain.

:fear:

yup

Flash always allows his foes to shoot him with freeze guns boomerangs etc when he could easily run around the earth several times and punch em in the back of the head.

Batman shouldn't be able to defeat anyone.

I don't remember seeing the top clip in the trailer... did I miss it or is this from elsewhere?

Top Clip: Man of Steel battle between Zod and Superman where the former's powers started kicking in uncontrollably.

Bottom Clip: Bruce Wayne seeing the damage caused by the fight between Zod and Superman at the point where the former's powers started kicking in.

It's from Man of Steel which is the beauty of it.

Got it! Thanks guys (thumbs u

Clever. Like it!

Batman at the bottom of the hero chain? Shouldn't be able to defeat anyone?

You guys ever see Justice League: Doom? Or read the original "Tower of Babel" storyline it's based on?

Here's the entire movie in case you never saw it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2htvss

Batman is the apex predator of the entire DCCU. He's got at least one plan to take out every member of the Justice League as well as known threats. He's calculating, he's patient, he's observant and one of the greatest scientific minds in comics as well as being proficient in practically every martial art and in top physical condition. For humans you don't get much closer to superhero than that. Plus, he's hella rich and can afford a number of gadgets that folks don't come by easily.

So I'm not sure the statements insinuating he's weaksauce are really that accurate.

Do take a looksie at the movie if you've never seen it. Basically someone gets ahold of Batman's dossier about the Justice League's weaknesses....and uses them to effectively neutralize everyone. Eventually Bats has to come clean about his plans that he has in place in case any of the League go rogue. That has them kinda pissed off and it creates a rift between the league and Bats. Eventually everything gets handled and things go back to normal, but what you're left with is the sense that Bats has everyone on lockdown and is in total control. He dominates the League.

If there was any kind of physics based logic, flash should be able to own batman -- and even moreso -- batman would be close to the bottom of the hero chain.

:fear:

Actually, if there was any kind of physics based logic in the DCU then Batman would be at the top of the heap as noone else would have super strength, flight, super speed, etc. Bruce/Bats would rule them all due to his multiple martial arts expertise, intellect, and being a billionaire majority shareholder of a top grade military contractor/technology corp. to supply him with gadgets. Clark Kent would be a strong and tall farmboy that Bats would knock off with out breaking a sweat, and the flash would be a regular detective/forensic scientist that Bats would take out while drinking a cold one. lol

...He's got at least one plan to take out every member of the Justice League...

Kryptonite

Yellow Paint

Glue Gun

Nanites for the rest

Go Batman (thumbs u

You guys ever see Justice League: Doom? Or read the original "Tower of Babel" storyline it's based on?
The first 45 minutes was great when I originally watched it, but it seemed to collapse in on itself with the classic James Bond villain with a rocket at the end. lol

Two out of four stars.

Kryptonite

Yellow Paint

Glue Gun

Nanites for the rest

Go Batman (thumbs u

Why does he need a 12 year old to help him?

Kryptonite

Yellow Paint

Glue Gun

Nanites for the rest

Go Batman (thumbs u

Why does he need a 12 year old to help him?

To hold the paint pot... ;)

So...........

That does that shot of Zod in the body bag give levity to the rumour

Zod=Doomsday?

Bingo!

Latino Review mentioned that a few months back as a rumor picked up from a production member. More and more, it looks to be the lead-in to the need for a Justice League.