• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

They would be so much better keeping this guy from reporters, as he can't help but make statements like this.

Jesse Eisenberg Compares Comic-Con To 'Genocide' - Umm, What?

At a red carpet event for his upcoming film End of the Tour in which he plays a journalist, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actor Jesse Eisenberg compared his experience at Comic-Con International: San Diego this past weekend to "genocide."

"It is like being screamed at by thousands of people," Eisenberg told the AP (via Yahoo). "I don't know what the experience is throughout history, probably some kind of genocide. I can't think of anything that's equivalent.”

Just wait until the inevitable outcry over his poor performance

I'm already bracing myself for the tirade of nonsense that'll follow the movie. No matter what a slam-dunk it is....they'll always be some ahole that will invariably complain.

I actually kind of like that.

My first reaction was against it as I'm not a fan of straying too far from the source material, but after thinking about it, I like this idea as well. This is a "future" scenario and can make a very good story.

My first reaction was against it as I'm not a fan of straying too far from the source material, but after thinking about it, I like this idea as well. This is a "future" scenario and can make a very good story.

Exactly! This does sound interesting.

I know people have said that the Nolan Batman's are not part of the "new" DC Movie Universe, but this would be a way to work them into it. And we wouldn't have to sit thru another Batman origin scene/movie, so I'm all for that.

So tired of reboot origins. We know why Bruce Wayne is Batman. We know how Peter Parker became Spidey. Everyone knows the deal with Superman, etc....

If Jason Todd is NOW the Joker, then I highly doubt Bats would be running around trying to punch his teeth out. He'd be occupied almost 100% of his time to capture, cure and rehabilitate him considering he'd feel responsible for the transformation.

I don't buy into the theory. I do however think that he offed Todd in the same manner as described in the Killing Joke....and then Bats knocked out his chompers.

The Joker is nuts, so tattoos and all the colored hair....plus the other ornamentations (Harley, Lamborghini, etc.) fits.

As far as age is concerned; I've seen plenty of folks that look younger than their stated age...and the reverse is also true.

There's enough good footage and information out there to properly speculate, we don't need WAAAAY OUT there theories that are stretching the boundaries of the source material wildly.

It just goes to show how far some fans will go to justify the Joker's tattoos (thumbs u

Seriously: I don't see that as a viable scenario for the cinematic universe. Jason Todd isn't the best known of the Robins and his story would be a bit risky for a potential box office hit.

It just goes to show how far some fans will go to justify the Joker's tattoos (thumbs u

Seriously: I don't see that as a viable scenario for the cinematic universe. Jason Todd isn't the best known of the Robins and his story would be a bit risky for a potential box office hit.

Agreed, but since I loaded up on a few 9.4 - 9.8 copies of Batman #357 before it took off I would love to see this happen. lol

Agreed, but since I loaded up on a few 9.4 - 9.8 copies of Batman #357 before it took off I would love to see this happen. lol

I'm all for supporting the businesses of fellow boardies...

Leto's Joker IS Jason Todd :o

He is the most memorable right now, though.

Hush was the story arc that got me back into comics and it was big.

He is the most memorable right now, though.

Hush was the story arc that got me back into comics and it was big.

Hush and ADITF were big stories for comic book readers however your average cinema goer will always think of the original Robin.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice IMAX Trailer #2

The new IMAX theatrical trailer for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE hits all of the same beats as the Comic Con version but it is more tightly edited with some footage hitting home with a little more authority than the lengthy cut. I almost like this version better as it keeps some elements hidden and keeping the focus squarely on Batman and Superman. We still see General Zod's body and get that awkward "red capes are coming" line from Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

I think it would be great if the Leto-Joker is Jason Todd! It would be a cool twist if he was the one that killed Grayson as well.

Nah, they can't kill . He's the best hero in the DCU.

By the look of this leaked photo from the set...

Grayson is the dead robin who's suit is on display, and it would make sense "Joker Todd" is the one who killed him "wrote the jokes on you" and left the "you killed your family", meaning Jason and Richard.

The "how this all got here". Could be the subject of the solo batman movie.

B7AD2948-CC71-4A52-9341-217FB488BFDA_zpshp1bbosc.jpg

It takes forever to get a movie through all the stages, so it seems to me there's a good chance that someone in a business suit said, "We don't want to follow Ledger's Joker with a completely different actor as Joker who is supposed to be the same Ledger Joker, right? What if there was another Joker?" (...and the people who know comics answered... there is...)

I think it would be great if the Leto-Joker is Jason Todd! It would be a cool twist if he was the one that killed Grayson as well.

Nah, they can't kill . He's the best hero in the DCU.

By the look of this leaked photo from the set...

Grayson is the dead robin who's suit is on display, and it would make sense "Joker Todd" is the one who killed him "wrote the jokes on you" and left the "you killed your family", meaning Jason and Richard.

The "how this all got here". Could be the subject of the solo batman movie.

B7AD2948-CC71-4A52-9341-217FB488BFDA_zpshp1bbosc.jpg

"Twenty years in Gotham. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?" - Bruce Wayne

hm