• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

What if some of the scenes of Superman in the trailers are actually "clone" Superman?

(Cyborg Superman / Superboy in the Return of the Supermen storyline, post-Doomsday)

Superman hovering above the family on the roof, not helping.

Superman walking through the kneeling troopers.

Superman kneeling in front of Lex.

Superman ripping the top off the Batmobile.

Superman firing heat vision in anger.

Batman v Superman could be Batman v Superman's clone.

"The red capes are coming..." What capes? Those troopers don't have capes. Two Supermen would be two red capes.

Doomsday rumors could be true... but not in time for Doomsday to be in this movie.

The villain in this movie may be Superman... because it isn't really him.

We haven't heard anything in a long while about Scooty McNairy.

Is Scoot McNairy Blue Beetle in 'Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice'?

is-scoot-mcnairy-blue-beetle-in-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-scoot-mcnairy-caug-497854.jpg

While nothing is confirmed, these leaked set photos of Scoot McNairy coupled with Snyder's comments have led me to believe that the character we'll be seeing is none other than the Blue Beetle. Whether it be Ted Kord or Jaime Reyes, the Beetle is currently the best candidate we have to explain the discrepancy. 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' premiers across the USA March 25, 2016.

It takes forever to get a movie through all the stages, so it seems to me there's a good chance that someone in a business suit said, "We don't want to follow Ledger's Joker with a completely different actor as Joker who is supposed to be the same Ledger Joker, right? What if there was another Joker?" (...and the people who know comics answered... there is...)

Certainly possible. And that's exactly what I meant when I said it's also a way to bring the Nolan films into the movie DCU canon. I think it'd be kind of cool.

I think it would be great if the Leto-Joker is Jason Todd! It would be a cool twist if he was the one that killed Grayson as well.

Nah, they can't kill . He's the best hero in the DCU.

By the look of this leaked photo from the set...

Grayson is the dead robin who's suit is on display, and it would make sense "Joker Todd" is the one who killed him "wrote the jokes on you" and left the "you killed your family", meaning Jason and Richard.

The "how this all got here". Could be the subject of the solo batman movie.

B7AD2948-CC71-4A52-9341-217FB488BFDA_zpshp1bbosc.jpg

If the Joker is Jason Todd that would be the stupidest thing in superhero movie history.

Is this Batman V Superman's First Aquaman Easter Egg?

So what about that diving boy? Well, one possibility, and a strong one at that, is that he's discovering Aquaman in some kind of forced exile. Hooded and discarded, perhaps because he failed to protect the oceans from the gravitational device the Kryptonians deployed to terraform Earth? Whatever the reason, it's at least possible that we are actually seeing Aquaman right there, for one second, 24 frames.

Or it could be a dead human, a statement from the Atlanteans in protest of what happened to their oceans. The surface world, now, is in trouble.

Or maybe it's a Kryptonian, ejected from the blast at the end of Man of Steel instead of being sucked into the Phantom Zone, who has been defeated by Aquaman and his cohorts.

batman-v-superman-underwater-144400.jpg

batman-v-superman-underwater-lump-144401.jpg

Really long but very informative article on Leto's Joker.

What Have We Learned About Jared Leto's Joker

Joker and Harley sittin' in a tree, K-I-L-L-I-N-G

We know at some point, these two psychos were together driving around in Joker's car causing all sorts of crime sprees and hysterical giggles. Where the relationship is in the movie is unclear as Harley joins up with the Squad, leaving Joker to go solo, or was there something Joker did to cause a rift between these two killer clowns? Maybe murdering a kid didn't go over so well with Ms. Quinzel.

Goes along with the assumption Joker killed Robin.

We haven't heard anything in a long while about Scooty McNairy.

Is Scoot McNairy Blue Beetle in 'Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice'?

is-scoot-mcnairy-blue-beetle-in-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-scoot-mcnairy-caug-497854.jpg

While nothing is confirmed, these leaked set photos of Scoot McNairy coupled with Snyder's comments have led me to believe that the character we'll be seeing is none other than the Blue Beetle. Whether it be Ted Kord or Jaime Reyes, the Beetle is currently the best candidate we have to explain the discrepancy. 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' premiers across the USA March 25, 2016.

I read the article and it suggests that in the origin of Ted Kord as the Blue Beetle....he loses his legs.

I can't say that I'm 100% up on every aspect of his origins...but does that sound accurate to anyone?

I tried to wiki it but couldn't find a single reference except the article itself.

Previously I believe someone mentioned that it may in fact be Jimmy Olsen and that HE lost his legs in the Metropolis battle.

I'd love for him to actually be the Blue Beetle, but this seems like a bit of a stretch.

Time out these Leto Jason Todd are just fan rumors

Take a deep breath Chip

It's going to be ok

lol. Do you really think I'm all worked up and out of breath at the keyboard, furiously typing this stuff? Come on, man.

I know the Leto Todd stuff is just a rumor. I follow along and read every post in each thread.

Really long but very informative article on Leto's Joker.

What Have We Learned About Jared Leto's Joker

Joker and Harley sittin' in a tree, K-I-L-L-I-N-G

We know at some point, these two psychos were together driving around in Joker's car causing all sorts of crime sprees and hysterical giggles. Where the relationship is in the movie is unclear as Harley joins up with the Squad, leaving Joker to go solo, or was there something Joker did to cause a rift between these two killer clowns? Maybe murdering a kid didn't go over so well with Ms. Quinzel.

Goes along with the assumption Joker killed Robin.

:wishluck: That they show the Joker killing Robin in the movie as well. That would be a cool scene.

Who cares what Grant Morrison thinks. The guy is a hugely overrated hack.

I saw this a few days back - read what he had noted - and moved on.

"I sat down and I thought, “I don’t want to do this warrior woman thing.” I can understand why they’re doing it, I get all that, but that’s not what [Wonder Woman creator] William Marston wanted, that’s not what he wanted at all!"

But I think that's what the fans are hoping to see. :gossip: