• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Dumb.

You just keep my $20 in a safe jar for payment in 2016.

Also dumb.

I think I had some of that action as wel

:whee:

What's the bet?

I'll have to go back and check all the details. I think it came down to Chip stating Captain America 3 will do more than double the numbers of Batman v Superman once both have ran their full box office course. And that he felt so strongly, he'd bet anyone on that opinion.

I want in on that action too!

Me too!

Gal Gadot Talks About The First Time The Trinity Was In Costume Together

"It was crazy!" Gadot recalled with excitement. "You don't do fittings together. You do them separately. But the first time they shot the trio, it was almost magical. On the one hand, when you think about it realistically, it's kind of weird to stand there, all three of us dressed as superheroes. And then, when we started to shoot, Ben became Batman, Henry became Superman, and I became Wonder Woman. I can't even express in words how excited I was."

Director Zack Snyder vividly recalls the moment all three superheroes came together. "There was actually a moment in the costume test where there was Batman, Superman, and we were testing the Wonder Woman costume at the same time," Snyder remembered. "They were all standing there. I was like, 'Oh my lord, this is crazy.' It's crazy enough just to see the two of those guys together. Once you see the Trinity..."

Zack Snyder Says New Batman V. Superman Trailer Soon, Working Toward Justice League

"I think we got to have a trailer soon," Zack Snyder told 411Mania on Wednesday at the posthumous Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony for Batman creator Bob Kane. "Soon" could mean just about anything. Could be days, weeks or even months. Until we here anything else on the matter "soon" will have to suffice.

As for the film itself, Snyder's main objective is establishing a world, the audience buys into, where the Trinity share the same universe -- setting the stage for the ultimate DC Comics team-up film. "Listen. I want to — we’re working toward Justice League, and I really want to create the — part of the thing I really want to create is the possibility of a world where they could exist together," Snyder explained. "I think up to this point, it’s been difficult to suggest a world where Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and others could exist in the same universe. That was one of the things I really wanted to try and get at. Not to mention, the amazing opportunity to bring those characters and have those characters tell an important story, their own story, within the confines of a film."

:whee:

Ben Affleck Says Batman Harbors Tremendous Amounts of Rage for Superman

"One of the interesting things about Batman is he functions in some ways as an antagonist," Affleck said. "You have to remember, this is Batman versus Superman." The characters don't get along from the start, thanks to Affleck's Bruce Wayne witnessing the destruction in Metropolis during Man of Steel.

"He's found himself in a place of harbouring a tremendous amount of rage for Superman. So it's how he got there, and what that's done to him, and what that's done to people around him," Affleck continued. That's where Alfred, played by Jeremy Irons, comes in. People like Alfred are "very scared and worried for him. It's something that's interesting and new."

batman-v-superman-screaming-bruce-wayne-156648.jpg

Or is he mad at not being Bruce Wayne?!

(:

David Goyer teases Batman v Superman saying it left him giddy

Having worked on Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy AND Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it’s fair to say that David Goyer knows his stuff when it comes to the caped crusader. So, when the writer and producer reveals he was giddy after seeing Zack Snyder's movie for the first time, you can’t help but get a little excited.

“I think just the kind of giddiness in being a kid that grew up going to the comic book store every Saturday and reading comic books in which these two epic characters clashed,” says Goyer, when asked by Collider what his reaction was to the finished film. “Just the fact that I got to be involved in something like that is crazy. Much less that I got to be involved in two cinematic iterations of Batman is also crazy.”

Revealed: Details on the New Batsuit In 'Batman v Superman'

It is being reported that the Batsuit in the new “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” will be mostly CGI.

In the December issue of Total Film, it’s been revealed that Ben Affleck needed to have the ability to move around, especially during fight scenes. What was the obvious solution? Something called ‘visual effects pajamas’.

Affleck states, “You can move freely, and they can put [the suit] on digitally… It’s a little more humiliating to wear, but it’s easier for the digital effects guys. You can see who the priority is,” as he joked.

JUr7etK.png

PE48J0k.png