• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

After seeing Captain America, and this tidbit,

I am not so confident DC is going to pull it off.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-training-shows-little-progress-073300889.html

If the movie is gonna suck, which chances are it will, I highly doubt even a tiny reason why will be because Wonder Woman doesn't look as buff as people want her to look.

You may be right, and I'm not saying you are,

but it sure would help if she looked right for the part.

i think the major thing about this movie that is driving people crazy is how little news their is about it including the plot/ story. has for WW she looks better from how she look last year plus she most likely gain muscle and not fat which is ok.

I'm not sure how anyone right now can clearly state this movie is going to bite it yet. All that would come from is company wars or assumptions. Ben Affleck may really surprise people. I know I would like to be positively surprised by his delivery.

I've watched 'Man of Steel' twice now in two weeks to determine if maybe I was being too much of a fanboy when I watched it previously. It was great for me both times. So if Bv.S delivers at the same level or better with two key DC heroes, I can't see it bombing. But then again, Gal Gadot's short scenes may send people running.

Time will tell!

In the entire run time of MOS there was an absolutely wonderful movie there but it was bogged down by a lot of unnecessary scenes. To name an example, the fight between Supes and the tentacle-like machine (the name escapes me at the moment) was much longer than it needed to be and felt similar to something from Transformers. The movie was about 65 percent style and 35 percent substance and it would have benefited greatly if those numbers were a little bit more even but then I don't know if it would have generated the same amount of revenue. I think the producers made a conscious decision to go with over the top action and destruction route to fill the seats IMHO.

I think they had to throw something in there at the end to slow Superman down & it's unfortunate they couldn't think of anything better.

I'm open-minded to a Wonder Woman with a different build than Linda Carter had in the 70s. The workouts are just to give Gadot a little bit of muscle tone; it was never going to make her look like a bodybuilder or East German powerlifter.

We may not even see her in action in this movie. Maybe she'll only appear as Diana Prince.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-training-shows-little-progress-073300889.html

If the movie is gonna suck, which chances are it will, I highly doubt even a tiny reason why will be because Wonder Woman doesn't look as buff as people want her to look.

i think the major thing about this movie that is driving people crazy is how little news their is about it including the plot/ story. has for WW she looks better from how she look last year plus she most likely gain muscle and not fat which is ok.

I'm not sure how anyone right now can clearly state this movie is going to bite it yet. All that would come from is company wars or assumptions. Ben Affleck may really surprise people. I know I would like to be positively surprised by his delivery.

I've watched 'Man of Steel' twice now in two weeks to determine if maybe I was being too much of a fanboy when I watched it previously. It was great for me both times. So if Bv.S delivers at the same level or better with two key DC heroes, I can't see it bombing. But then again, Gal Gadot's short scenes may send people running.

Time will tell!

In the entire run time of MOS there was an absolutely wonderful movie there but it was bogged down by a lot of unnecessary scenes. To name an example, the fight between Supes and the tentacle-like machine (the name escapes me at the moment) was much longer than it needed to be and felt similar to something from Transformers. The movie was about 65 percent style and 35 percent substance and it would have benefited greatly if those numbers were a little bit more even but then I don't know if it would have generated the same amount of revenue. I think the producers made a conscious decision to go with over the top action and destruction route to fill the seats IMHO.

I think they had to throw something in there at the end to slow Superman down & it's unfortunate they couldn't think of anything better.

I'm open-minded to a Wonder Woman with a different build than Linda Carter had in the 70s. The workouts are just to give Gadot a little bit of muscle tone; it was never going to make her look like a bodybuilder or East German powerlifter.

We may not even see her in action in this movie. Maybe she'll only appear as Diana Prince.

I think you're absolutely right about that. The woman is all kinds of gorgeous and would look really odd beefed up. I still think the version of WW from the recent JL animated feature is what we can expect.

Link to pic

It's animated and requires a little bit of imagination but I think the artist drew her with Gadot in mind or I'm just imagining the resemblance. Either way, I think she'll look the part when it comes down to it. DC/Snyder filled out the casting pretty well on MOS and say what you will about Snyder's work but the guy can find the right actors to portray comic book characters. Prime example and one of my all time favorite portrayals was Jackie Earle Hayley as Rorschach.

Edited by Kal-El

Well, the Wonder Woman aspect anyway.

I'm still not convinced she was the best choice. Not yet. But maybe she will deliver on what Snyder and Goyer saw with her auditions. I'm just not sure.

I don't remember Wonder Woman ever looking like a bodybuilder.

Artists have drawn WW as a normal looking woman.

Not a bodybuilder-type. That would be overkill to display how strong Wonder Woman truly is as a character. But there were other choices to consider.

7 Actresses Who Could Play Wonder Woman in ‘Justice League’

Lynn Collins (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, John Carter) or Gemma Arterton (Clash of the Titans, Prince of Persia) are average-size women (5'8" and 5'7", respectively) that also wouldn't have to pack on twenty pounds for the role.

wonder-woman-gal-gadot-concept-art-fan-made.png

But if they deliver like this fan-made image that was inspired by Jaimie Alexander's Sif role, that may work.

Time will tell!

I think you're absolutely right about that. The woman is all kinds of gorgeous and would look really odd beefed up. I still think the version of WW from the recent JL animated feature is what we can expect.

Link to pic

It's animated and requires a little bit of imagination but I think the artist drew her with Gadot in mind or I'm just imagining the resemblance. Either way, I think she'll look the part when it comes down to it. DC/Snyder filled out the casting pretty well on MOS and say what you will about Snyder's work but the guy can find the right actors to portray comic book characters. Prime example and one of my all time favorite portrayals was Jackie Earle Hayley as Rorschach.

I really hope you're right, and my concerns end up being unwarranted :)

DC could throw the fans a respectful nod by casting Lynda Carter as some minor character for a cameo..... :cloud9:

She still has the power to make boners happen. :)

Boing :eyeroll:

DC could throw the fans a respectful nod by casting Lynda Carter as some minor character for a cameo..... :cloud9:

She still has the power to make boners happen. :)

Lynda%20Carter%20Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

hm Diana's "mother"?

Oh, that would be fantastic!

By the way, with the new photos coming out about Gal Gadot before she takes her trip to Detroit - her arms are look much less thin than when she was announced.

Cheers.jpg

Gal_Gadot.jpg

like we have said she has gain muscle mass and not just fat

It was very difficult to tell from those early photos, to include the balancing ball and single bicep photo. These new photos, on the other hand, tell a different story.