• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Sounds like Batman is going to round up the Justice League for sure.

Maybe Superman isn't a "joiner" hence the Batman Vs. Superman.

Why else would they be introducing so many characters in a Superman movie?

It's clearly one possible direction they could be going in....maybe Bats has been doing recon on different 'super' types over his career just because he's got some healthy paranoia....

Then the mess hits the fan with Zod and his crew.....and Superman's fight devastates not only the Wayne Enterprises satellite, but destroys most of Metropolis.

If I were Bats, warning bells would go off. After all, he's the one with the dossier on practically everyone in the JLA with a contingency plan to neutralize them in case they go rogue.

Anyway, it's not such a stretch for him to do the reach out for: GL, WW, borg and the rest of the peanut gallery.

Then we get a jump to the JL movie right after MOS 2...with a MOS 3 Doomsday storyline leading to "Death of Supes" sometime in the future.

i found this to be funny

Joe Quesada Disappointed about Man of Steel

He added, “He wanted to save his race, and Superman didn’t let him." Quesada talks about what impressed him the most about Zod as a viallin, “Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, but a man of…he had a particular…he had his orders, he had a mission. He was a zealot of sorts, but he was a zealot…again, correct me if I’m wrong… but he didn’t say, ‘I want to rebuild Krypton, and then come back and destroy this little planet. All I want is to rebuild this planet. And the only reason I’m blowing everything to bits here is because you’ve got what I want, and you’re not giving it to me. So please, give me my people, and I’ll leave.”

“Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, but a man of…he had a particular…he had his orders, he had a mission. He was a zealot of sorts, but he was a zealot…again, correct me if I’m wrong… but he didn’t say, ‘I want to rebuild Krypton, and then come back and destroy this little planet. All I want is to rebuild this planet. And the only reason I’m blowing everything to bits here is because you’ve got what I want, and you’re not giving it to me. So please, give me my people, and I’ll leave.”

That last statement is interesting, as it appears Quesada didn't catch Zod's final intention for Earth - destroy everyone on the planet and remake it into Krypton.

doh!

Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, but a man ofhe had a particularhe had his orders, he had a mission. He was a zealot of sorts, but he was a zealotagain, correct me if Im wrong but he didnt say, I want to rebuild Krypton, and then come back and destroy this little planet. All I want is to rebuild this planet. And the only reason Im blowing everything to bits here is because youve got what I want, and youre not giving it to me. So please, give me my people, and Ill leave.

That last statement is interesting, as it appears Quesada didn't catch Zod's final intention for Earth - destroy everyone on the planet and remake it into Krypton.

doh!

Zod was going to destroy Earth to make a new Krypton.

Krypton had it's chance to live,but the people died by their leaders' stupidity.

Superman wasn't going to let his adopted home be destroyed.

hell yeah :whee:

Zack Snyder to direct Justice League

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” he said. “’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’” That's not all. Silverman says that the -script for Justice League is still in development and there is no release date set (likely after 2018), but Zack Snyder will return to direct the superero ensemble film with Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot among others expected to reprise their Batman vs. Superman roles.