• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

MAN OF STEEL Screenwriter David S. Goyer Says “It’s Too Early” to Think about Creating Cohesive DC Cinematic Universe

In an interview with IGN, Goyer was asked how the TV shows might tie into the movies, and Goyer broadened the topic into the studio’s concern over how to weave together their superhero properties:

I mean, it’s too early. I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive. There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it’s really, really early. I’m not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I’m not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. It’s just been vague conversations so far.

Thoughts?

MAN OF STEEL Screenwriter David S. Goyer Says “It’s Too Early” to Think about Creating Cohesive DC Cinematic Universe

In an interview with IGN, Goyer was asked how the TV shows might tie into the movies, and Goyer broadened the topic into the studio’s concern over how to weave together their superhero properties:

I mean, it’s too early. I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive. There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it’s really, really early. I’m not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I’m not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. It’s just been vague conversations so far.

Thoughts?

When it comes to some of the projects in development (Constantine, Preacher, Sandman, Y the Last Man), I can see where it would be slightly tough to link them into the bigger universe. And I don't think they have to be. But with Arrow, Batman vs. Superman/World's Finest (crosses fingers), Flash, Gotham, Hourman and Justice League, it would be helpful if they have some link through the different time periods. But it doesn't have to be thrown in your face strongly to the point it is annoying.

"Batman, remember when you grew up in Gotham and became friends with Selina Kyle while periodically running into Commissioner Gordon when he was a police sergeant and he coached you on being a better citizen?"

"Uhhhh - yes I do, Superman. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to point that out. No reason."

Thoughts?

When it comes to some of the projects in development (Constantine, Preacher, Sandman, Y the Last Man), I can see where it would be slightly tough to link them into the bigger universe. And I don't think they have to be. But with Arrow, Batman vs. Superman/World's Finest (crosses fingers), Flash, Gotham, Hourman and Justice League, it would be helpful if they have some link through the different time periods. But it doesn't have to be thrown in your face strongly to the point it is annoying.

"Batman, remember when you grew up in Gotham and became friends with Selina Kyle while periodically running into Commissioner Gordon when he was a police sergeant and he coached you on being a better citizen?"

"Uhhhh - yes I do, Superman. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to point that out. No reason."

i think all the show like Arrow, flash, Gotham, and Constantine can still connect. lets say season 3 of Arrow we see metropolis before the events of MOS and hear about a myth in Gotham. in the season 4 finale of Arrow see the events of MOS which ties them together. same can go for Flash but since the show doesn't come out until fall i wait to see were it can go. For Gotham it can be sit 30 years before the events of MOS hell they can have Ben Affleck Batman talking to someone about his childhood and that's were the show starts. don't know about Constantine it could connect to that Justice League Dark movie De Toro wants to make.

i think all the show like Arrow, flash, Gotham, and Constantine can still connect. lets say season 3 of Arrow we see metropolis before the events of MOS and hear about a myth in Gotham. in the season 4 finale of Arrow see the events of MOS which ties them together. same can go for Flash but since the show doesn't come out until fall i wait to see were it can go. For Gotham it can be sit 30 years before the events of MOS hell they can have Ben Affleck Batman talking to someone about his childhood and that's were the show starts. don't know about Constantine it could connect to that Justice League Dark movie De Toro wants to make.

Totally agree with all this. With Constantine, there very much could be a link with 'Justice League Dark' if this proceeds forward.

Ok from what it looks like they going to start to shoot next week. i think WB/DC need to release official pictures now before we start to see leaks like in Avengers: age of utlron. i which marvel release pictures of how ultron and the twins look with over seen the leak/ filming pictures.

After seeing Captain America, and this tidbit,

I am not so confident DC is going to pull it off.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-training-shows-little-progress-073300889.html

If the movie is gonna suck, which chances are it will, I highly doubt even a tiny reason why will be because Wonder Woman doesn't look as buff as people want her to look.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-training-shows-little-progress-073300889.html

If the movie is gonna suck, which chances are it will, I highly doubt even a tiny reason why will be because Wonder Woman doesn't look as buff as people want her to look.

You may be right, and I'm not saying you are,

but it sure would help if she looked right for the part.

i think the major thing about this movie that is driving people crazy is how little news their is about it including the plot/ story. has for WW she looks better from how she look last year plus she most likely gain muscle and not fat which is ok.

Well, the Wonder Woman aspect anyway.

I'm still not convinced she was the best choice. Not yet. But maybe she will deliver on what Snyder and Goyer saw with her auditions. I'm just not sure.

i think the major thing about this movie that is driving people crazy is how little news their is about it including the plot/ story. has for WW she looks better from how she look last year plus she most likely gain muscle and not fat which is ok.

I'm not sure how anyone right now can clearly state this movie is going to bite it yet. All that would come from is company wars or assumptions. Ben Affleck may really surprise people. I know I would like to be positively surprised by his delivery.

I've watched 'Man of Steel' twice now in two weeks to determine if maybe I was being too much of a fanboy when I watched it previously. It was great for me both times. So if Bv.S delivers at the same level or better with two key DC heroes, I can't see it bombing. But then again, Gal Gadot's short scenes may send people running.

Time will tell!

I'm still not convinced she was the best choice. Not yet. But maybe she will deliver on what Snyder and Goyer saw with her auditions. I'm just not sure.

I don't remember Wonder Woman ever looking like a bodybuilder.

Artists have drawn WW as a normal looking woman.

I don't remember Wonder Woman ever looking like a bodybuilder.

Artists have drawn WW as a normal looking woman.

No one said that. But, you have to admit, Gal Gadot was not exactly "normal looking" in her build when she signed on, she was a bit on the too-thin-to-play-WW side.

-slym

To be honest with you, I even liked the portrayal of Wonder Woman in The Final Frontier series by Tim's and co, but that would most likely not play well to modern audiences. I'm not saying she should be a body-builder, or a gorgeous glamor-girl, but she should NOT be a twiggy either. Sorry, but GG looks like twig to me. AS A WW fan, I think they could have done better. But I guess we'll see . . .

I don't really see a problem with Gal Gabot not looking the part of a moderate bodybuilder. Rumors said, she might have a Kryptonian gene in her. Wouldn't the physics of that alone, mean the yellow sun's radiation gives her enough powers to be able to handle herself. I mean Supergirl has always looked like a skinny kid and my mind never thought, no muscle no strength. A flick of her hand, she could send Grod to the hospital for weeks. This is sy-fy afterall, anything is possible.

I'm not sure how anyone right now can clearly state this movie is going to bite it yet. All that would come from is company wars or assumptions. Ben Affleck may really surprise people. I know I would like to be positively surprised by his delivery.

I've watched 'Man of Steel' twice now in two weeks to determine if maybe I was being too much of a fanboy when I watched it previously. It was great for me both times. So if Bv.S delivers at the same level or better with two key DC heroes, I can't see it bombing. But then again, Gal Gadot's short scenes may send people running.

Time will tell!

In the entire run time of MOS there was an absolutely wonderful movie there but it was bogged down by a lot of unnecessary scenes. To name an example, the fight between Supes and the tentacle-like machine (the name escapes me at the moment) was much longer than it needed to be and felt similar to something from Transformers. The movie was about 65 percent style and 35 percent substance and it would have benefited greatly if those numbers were a little bit more even but then I don't know if it would have generated the same amount of revenue. I think the producers made a conscious decision to go with over the top action and destruction route to fill the seats IMHO.