• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the info guys. (thumbs u

When going through all the mwctoys.com photos those stopped me in my tracks. Necro-fantasies aren't my thing (at all), but from an artistic/technical perspective they're insane.

The level of detail, textures, color palettes, poses, hell, everything. You can tell they went the extra-mile across the board on those things. Stunning work.

When going through all the mwctoys.com photos those stopped me in my tracks. Necro-fantasies aren't my thing (at all), but from an artistic/technical perspective they're insane.

The level of detail, textures, color palettes, poses, hell, everything. You can tell they went the extra-mile across the board on those things. Stunning work.

Yeah, no doubt. They are also artists getting to work unfettered by licencors, which is rare in this hobby. With companies like Disney to contend with, you're getting business people imposing on artists, and you're never going to get the best stuff under those circumstances.

If space wasn't an issue and I didn't have to limit myself, I would be buying a few of these for sure. They're stunning.

Yeah, no doubt. They are also artists getting to work unfettered by licencors, which is rare in this hobby. With companies like Disney to contend with, you're getting business people imposing on artists, and you're never going to get the best stuff under those circumstances.

If space wasn't an issue and I didn't have to limit myself, I would be buying a few of these for sure. They're stunning.

+1 I was going to say the same thing myself: you can really see the artists flying their freak flag without any licensing interference.

+1 I was going to say the same thing myself: you can really see the artists flying their freak flag without any licensing interference.

Man, that Court of the Dead premise is very well done imho. Here's a click-to-read 26 page SDCC comic book pdf: CLICK TO READ

It made me think of the underworld in the Sword of Truth series novels with The Keeper ruling a realm and all that. Only in this it's a mid-realm that's been feeding the eternal war between Heaven and Hell and they're rebelling to take charge.Anyway, the quality is certainly there.

I'd keep an eye on this franchise.

Just preordered my first SS Premium statue. :whee:

Now the waiting game. :taptaptap:

batgirl.jpg_zpskmy2ojxv.png

congrats it looks beautiful my first SS was Wonder Woman. the only thing that sucks was the waiting part. Edited by kagenish

anybody here collect Bowen Designs statues?

Personally I think Bowens are the best :)

I have several Bowens. They are cool. I prefer the Sideshow Premium series if I had to compare but Bowen was nice.

Aren't they done now?

Agree 100%! For what you're spending, Sideshow is the best bang for the buck.