• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

The Boba Fett PF just got delayed :frustrated:

That awkward moment when the SS Spider-Man PF release date moves up 3 months earlier. Is this real?

Yea I was also surprised to get that notice from SS. Is this the first time they ever moved up the release date of a PF?

Dark Phoenix going up for pre-order on Thursday.

I'll be ordering. :frustrated:

3001481_press02.jpg

3001481_press01.jpg

300148_press05.jpg

300148_press06.jpg

I'll have to say the portraits are a lot better than XM's Phoenix, but other than that, I think XM is far better in all other aspects. The Phoenix Force and the base are a bit disappointing. However the sculpt of Jean Grey is pretty well done. I'll most likely add this to my list of PO.

Did anyone get the Power Girl Exclusive? The pics I'm seeing look REALLY good. I should have preordered her! One guy on Facebook is displaying her with Batgirl and Wonder Woman, and the trio look fantastic together. A quartet with Catwoman would be even better.

Wish they would make a Zatanna, Would look great with Wonder Woman and Batgirl very much like the Brave And The Bold 33 cover

She would look amazing, no doubt.

Until then, we will have to make do with this. :grin:

zatanna-bishoujo-statue-dc-comics-kotobukiya-1.jpg

Awesome pic! I really like that Hulk Maquette and want to add a Hulk to my collection.

Over the Christmas holidays I worked on my Besta display. Here's what 1 side of my comic room looks like:

comic%20room_zpskpsvn6di.jpg

Working on the other side now (omnibuses and statues)

Dark Phoenix going up for pre-order on Thursday.

I'll be ordering. :frustrated:

3001481_press02.jpg

3001481_press01.jpg

300148_press05.jpg

300148_press06.jpg

I'll have to say the portraits are a lot better than XM's Phoenix, but other than that, I think XM is far better in all other aspects. The Phoenix Force and the base are a bit disappointing. However the sculpt of Jean Grey is pretty well done. I'll most likely add this to my list of PO.

SS has been hitting the portraits out of the park lately. Human portraits have been XM's weakest point IMO. There are a lot of great customs out there such as the Phoenix and wolverine unmasked one but I hate having to pay an extra 150 for one.

For the bats fans, I thought I would share some of the Batman B&W's I've picked up recently...

Mike Mignola Batman

KSpCDBn.jpg

The more I looked at this statue the more amazed I was by how he appears to be 2D no matter what angle you view him from... Fell in love with him and he's become my favourite B&W.

Neal Adams Zombie Batman

21bD5a6.jpg

wTXMn9u.jpg

I am a major Adams fan. Love his work!! For others that are big fans, the omnibus due out in March is a STEAL on Amazon right now to pre-order... $100 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen so far. http://amzn.to/1OPnii2

Lee Bermejo Joker

Pbar7A2.jpg

LqKdBN3.jpg

Love Bermejo’s work.

Really loving the B&W statues… Outside of these guys I also have the D’Anda Scarecrow, Capullo Joker and Timms Harley Quinn. Have my eye on a ton more... Wish I'd started picking these up years ago!!!

Did anyone get the Power Girl Exclusive? The pics I'm seeing look REALLY good. I should have preordered her! One guy on Facebook is displaying her with Batgirl and Wonder Woman, and the trio look fantastic together. A quartet with Catwoman would be even better.

Wish they would make a Zatanna, Would look great with Wonder Woman and Batgirl very much like the Brave And The Bold 33 cover

I've got the Power Girl Exclusive coming in. That's why I want a Black Canary. . . to put with Power Girl and Batgirl. Though, Zatanna and/or Huntress would be great, too. Canary is my favorite, though.

I've got the Power Girl Exclusive coming in. That's why I want a Black Canary. . . to put with Power Girl and Batgirl. Though, Zatanna and/or Huntress would be great, too. Canary is my favorite, though.

I heard rumblings of a Birds of Prey art print down the line, so I think Black Canary and Huntress to go with the Batgirl will happen.

In fact, I'd say it's a safe bet that most of the prominent DC females will eventually happen. They sell.

I ended up picking up a Power Girl exclusive on eBay. Paid a premium, but not too bad.

Now to figure out how to display it without getting the evil eye from the wife. :shy:

Wrap her in Batgirl's cape.

SS has been hitting the portraits out of the park lately. Human portraits have been XM's weakest point IMO. There are a lot of great customs out there such as the Phoenix and wolverine unmasked one but I hate having to pay an extra 150 for one.

Yea I agree that SS has been putting out some nice portraits lately. Can you imagine this portrait on XM's phoenix statue? Would have been perfect. If someone can make a really nice custom portrait for the XM Phoenix, I don't mind shelling out the extra 150 for it. As long as it has that WOW factor that I can finally give it a 10 out of 10. Which custom Phoenix portrait are you referring to? Is it the one by Troy McDewitt?

I ended up picking up a Power Girl exclusive on eBay. Paid a premium, but not too bad.

Now to figure out how to display it without getting the evil eye from the wife. :shy:

Wrap her in Batgirl's cape.

:idea:

That would actually look pretty funny. The innocent Batgirl trying to cover Power Girl's cleavage with her cape.

Sideshow has the best sculptors in the business, hence the portraits. Their main problems are post-prototype (QC) issues, and not taking enough chances with their concepts and character choices, which is in part due to licencor restrictions, and in part because they're trying to keep costs down to maximize profits.

So XM enters the market to fill in those gaps, doing second and third tier characters in high demand, and bringing ambitious, eye-catching concepts to get attention. And they back it up with the quality control and community participation Sideshow is lacking, which they can do because the scope of their business is much smaller.

So overall, both companies have their strengths and weakness, which are clearly reflected in the pieces they put out. All the comparisons between the two are just biased collectors voting for what they've invested in.