• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Congrats, those are all great pieces.

Believe me, I hear you about 1/3; I've actually been pondering for weeks whether I should jump down that rabbit hole or not; decided that this and the Deathstroke are just too good to pass up. I'm just going to have trim the fat to accommodate these pieces. Hopefully they take their sweet time making stuff so I can ease into it.

Congrats, those are all great pieces.

Believe me, I hear you about 1/3; I've actually been pondering for weeks whether I should jump down that rabbit hole or not; decided that this and the Deathstroke are just too good to pass up. I'm just going to have trim the fat to accommodate these pieces. Hopefully they take their sweet time making stuff so I can ease into it.

If I had more space, I'd go after those two, but I just don't. When Prime 1 does a Supes, it's going to be really hard to pass up.

Holy balls - that Batman Noel and Deathstroke are amazing. 1/3?! Far out. Going to look amazing.

NearMint - how regularly are you dusting those PF gems? I've been wondering about sourcing an acrylic case for the PF bats to try to keep the dust off it. I figure it could sit nicely on top of the detolf cabinet, with an acrylic lid.

NearMint - how regularly are you dusting those PF gems?

I dust them every few weeks whether they need it or not. Nothing elaborate, just a few minutes for each statue while I'm watching TV. I really don't like to have them behind glass, or seperated by shelves. This way they look like a team about to go into battle.

Sideshow's Kerrigan Queen of Blades from Starcraft II.

This might be the most intricate paint job I've ever seen on a statue, and some of the best paintwork I've ever seen from Sideshow. The details are just insane, and I can't take pictures that do it justice.

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Kerrigan looks so awesome and I'm glad Sideshow actually pulled this one off. I'm still kicking myself for passing up on the Black Friday sale to pick one of these up from the Blizzard store figuring I'll pick one up next year since I overspent my budget this month. Lo and behold, they are all gone now. Congrats COI on picking her up! This is definitely one of the better statues released this year.

Quick question.. Are the 1/7 Scale Kotobukiya statues as good as they look? I wanna pick up the Lady Deadpool when it comes out.

I highly recommend getting them. The Kotobukiya's are probably one of the best 1/7 scale lineup out there. So far I have not been disappointed with any of their releases.

Speaking of Batman, I just put in my order for this monster from Prime 1. Will be getting the companion Deathstroke too. Can't wait.

image_zpsrgjgtz97.jpeg

12189249_977162485663727_794259974893497021_o.jpg

11060918_977162488997060_1636583418054492581_o.jpg

12186621_977162538997055_4972046731472172561_o.jpg

12182965_977162542330388_6734481504081374500_o.jpg

12188117_977163072330335_6599661002435071474_o.jpg

The details on this Batman looks sick. I'm actually looking forward if you're planning to do a review on this piece once you get it. (thumbs u

That's a great statue, but I have to stay away from the 1:3 scale.

Finally got WW today, and I'm really happy! :)

69293D93-A0FA-4995-B4EB-AB778074DEE9_zps4gcdn4ym.jpg

Hulk looks really confused about what's going on down the line, there.

Well, he is in the wrong universe. I just couldn't pass up that statue. Love it.

That's a great statue, but I have to stay away from the 1:3 scale.

Finally got WW today, and I'm really happy! :)

69293D93-A0FA-4995-B4EB-AB778074DEE9_zps4gcdn4ym.jpg

Hulk looks really confused about what's going on down the line, there.

Well, he is in the wrong universe. I just couldn't pass up that statue. Love it.

Amazing collection

The details on this Batman looks sick. I'm actually looking forward if you're planning to do a review on this piece once you get it. (thumbs u

Will do. (thumbs u

Can't wait to see this thing in person.

Quick question.. Are the 1/7 Scale Kotobukiya statues as good as they look? I wanna pick up the Lady Deadpool when it comes out.

I highly recommend getting them. The Kotobukiya's are probably one of the best 1/7 scale lineup out there. So far I have not been disappointed with any of their releases.

Thanks Mate!

Once you have it and it's paid for, you'll be glad you did it.

Thanks mate... Appreciate that.... and hope so!! :)

Wow that beast from Prime 1 truly is a monster. I've not heard of them before... definitely going to have hit up Google!

No problem. I actually think that PF (original or variant) is probably the best larger scale Batman piece you can get for the money. There are others coming out, but with that PF specifically you get a huge detailed base, a sculpted cape, two heads and great mixed media. It's also very large for a 1/4 scale. All in all, it's a lot of statue for $400, relative to what other pieces are selling for.

And I'm feeling your pain with regards to cost, as the Canadian dollar has fallen off a cliff too.

No problem. I actually think that PF (original or variant) is probably the best larger scale Batman piece you can get for the money. There are others coming out, but with that PF specifically you get a huge detailed base, a sculpted cape, two heads and great mixed media. It's also very large for a 1/4 scale. All in all, it's a lot of statue for $400, relative to what other pieces are selling for.

And I'm feeling your pain with regards to cost, as the Canadian dollar has fallen off a cliff too.

I still don't have a really clear understanding of the size of the piece... I saw their desktop sizing image that places it at about the torso or so of (I assume) the average person. It doesn't look huge in pictures, but I am getting the impression it's a fairly large piece.

Also, right up until this moment, I didn't realise there were two heads. Sweet. Thanks mate.

I still don't have a really clear understanding of the size of the piece... I saw their desktop sizing image that places it at about the torso or so of (I assume) the average person. It doesn't look huge in pictures, but I am getting the impression it's a fairly large piece.

Also, right up until this moment, I didn't realise there were two heads. Sweet. Thanks mate.

I snapped a pic with a GA comic to give you an idea. If you're used to smaller scale stuff, the first time you get/see a 1/4 scale piece, you'll be shocked at how big it is. It's also about 30lbs, so make sure you rest it on a surface that will hold.

IMG_1649.jpg

And here's what that 1/4 scale Batman looks like next to on of the 1/3 scale Prime 1 pieces:

12046770_1056556051029957_6447396043185912717_n.jpg