• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Collectors don't like open editions. They reacted similarly when the Hulk maquette you have first went up.

I roll my eyes at the price complaints.though, and have made this point on the forums multiple times. The same people complaining about Sideshow pieces not being worth what they charge won't hesitate to drop double on an XM piece, nor will they hesitate to charge you 5x original retail for a Sideshow piece that has appreciated in value on the secondary market.

Yes, XM quality, blah, blah, blah, "old Sideshow" yadda, yadda, yadda. As a company, Sideshow looks at its competitors and the after-market, realizes they're leaving money on the table, and starts testing the ceiling. And as much as I cringe at every price increase, they're still, by all appearances, moving pieces briskly, which tells me that the market as a whole still deems SS's output as being worth the price.

Yup, it's all about what the market will bear. SS will say "oh our cost have risen" It's BS. SS is seeing how far they can push it but is doing it a little at a time. Collectors see XM only makes 500-800 of each statue and collectors are so fixated on ES, they will gladly shell out whatever asking price XM is asking cause "XM is Quality" I haven't seen anything XM has done yet that has impressed me other than Thanos. SS still has the better sculpters. I buy these cause I like them, I couldn't care less about ES or how much I can get for it on ebay.

I like the headsculpt, but yeah, that exclusive Helmet puts it over the top. Really great work.

Unreal Mark!! Post some pics when it is in! :)

---

What are people's thoughts on the best poison ivy statue?

Can't go wrong with the PF. Both this and the green variant are great.

As a Batman fan, you should get the whole crew: :baiting:

IMG_1477_zpsami1tdyf.jpg

Edited by COI