• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Man, that Batman Noel Prime statue is stunning! I'd seen some pics already, but it is just fantastic. Looks like they changed the face sculpt, because I remember thinking I didn't really like the face when I originally saw it.

Thanks COI! Wow they are HUGE!! So good!!!! Really appreciate that.

Looks like you have an amazing collection... Do you have pics of the room / full collection to share? :wishluck:

Most of my collection is boxed up because I'm moving sometime in the near future. Because I'm not staying, I never really set up a proper room. Once I'm somewhere more permanent, I'm going to set up a proper display + get cases.

Moving all this junk is gonna be fun. :tonofbricks:

Man, that Batman Noel Prime statue is stunning! I'd seen some pics already, but it is just fantastic. Looks like they changed the face sculpt, because I remember thinking I didn't really like the face when I originally saw it.

There are three different head sculpts; the battle-damaged one is the exclusive:

batman-noel-polystone-statue-prime1-9025831-04.jpg

I received the XM Phoenix statue early this week, but didn't get the chance to take pics and unbox it until now. As usual, incredible XM packaging and super tight and sturdy box. It came with a nice picture on how each piece is packaged which I think Sideshow needs to follow. Also not to mention an awesome art print!

ehenls.jpg

scx7jr.jpg

I'm floored by the awesome details of the Phoenix Force. It can practically stand by itself as its own statue!

2lmx9ok.jpg

20u63ih.jpg

Phoenix came with three different portraits. I'm having a tough time trying to pick one out to display her with...

vil76d.jpg

4jqt8w.jpg

1f7hvl.jpg

w7csnd.jpg

w2elh5.jpg

8ygls0.jpg

All I have to say is that pictures and videos will do no justice for this masterpiece. You all really have to see this in person. This piece has my vote to be the best statue of 2015. My only small gripe about this is the portraits could have been sculpted slightly better, but they're not bad. Otherwise I would have rated this a perfect 10/10, but as of right now, I'll give it a 9.5 / 10. I'll most likely display her like this...

2evugj5.jpg

Standing at almost 2 and 1/2 feet tall and weighing over 40 lbs, this statue is no joke. Now I just need to find a place to display her since she is bigger than most of my display cabinets.

Edited by Escaflown4

Congrats man, that's a beast of a piece. I agree, the head sculpts are lacking, but the rest of the piece is bananas, especially the Phoenix force. I was skeptical that they could pull that effect off, but they came through.

XM really excels in art direction and the overall quality of the finished product. If they could just get a handle on head sculpts, these pieces would be perfect.

Congrats man, that's a beast of a piece. I agree, the head sculpts are lacking, but the rest of the piece is bananas, especially the Phoenix force. I was skeptical that they could pull that effect off, but they came through.

XM really excels in art direction and the overall quality of the finished product. If they could just get a handle on head sculpts, these pieces would be perfect.

yeah heads are always a bit off but man the rest of the statue is insane. i do like the fact you get multiple heads and a art print in a nice box, i do wish sideshow would do the same.

yeah heads are always a bit off but man the rest of the statue is insane. i do like the fact you get multiple heads and a art print in a nice box, i do wish sideshow would do the same.

Then they couldn't sell you their prints as "premium art."

very nice - that is a true beast of a statue.

two of the three head sculpts look the same if not for the eyebrows.

that part of this is the disappointment, but the rest of it makes up for that.

I'd keep the head with the white eyes and hair up on display

For a "newb", what are the top players in the statue game right now? I had never heard of XM before reading this thread...Checked their site...Statues look pretty awesome too. Is there a "Top 10"? Or even a good line to get into that is a good balance of detail and price? I think that MAYBE the OCD in me would like for any statues to "match" if that makes sense...

Makes perfect sense to me. I'd love to pick up a Bowen Wolvie to display with the IH181...

Great Q mate. Look forward to hearing what people say. I personally keep an eye on sideshowtoy.com and follow a few different manufacturers on Instagram and Facebook.

Primarily:

- Sideshow Toy

- DC Collectibles

- Noble Collection

- Hot Toys

- Prime 1 Studios

But there are also some great pieces coming out from Neca and other providers... Hopefully learn of some new ones from folks responding to you.

Deathstroke by Prime 1 went up today, and I got that sucker pre-ordered. Pricey, but a must-have companion for the Noel Batman.

If anyone's interested in the EX, I wouldn't wait too long to order:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-deathstroke-prime-1-studio-9026161/

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-9026161-02.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-07.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-14.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-23.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-13.jpg

For a "newb", what are the top players in the statue game right now? I had never heard of XM before reading this thread...Checked their site...Statues look pretty awesome too. Is there a "Top 10"? Or even a good line to get into that is a good balance of detail and price? I think that MAYBE the OCD in me would like for any statues to "match" if that makes sense...

I'm not sure there are even 10 competitive companies, if you're talking about legit (licensed) statues that are high quality. Also, different companies have different licenses, and therefore offer different products. For example, Sideshow has the 1/4 scale comic-version (and possible movie versions too - not sure) DC license locked down (and maybe 1/2 scale as well); Prime 1 has obtained a license for (as far as I know) 1/3 scale comic, movie and game based Batman stuff, 1/2 scale movie stuff (Heath Ledger Joker) and a 1/5 comic line. Sideshow has the 1/4 Marvel comic license locked down for Europe and NA; XM, a fledgling company, obtained a license for 1/4 comic based Marvel pieces, but they're only allowed to sell them in Asia for the most part, hence why they're expensive and difficult to acquire for collectors here.

This gets more complex the more licenses you're looking at. Actually, let me rephrase: it sounds complicated, but it's not because there aren't a ton of companies making this stuff. It's a very limited market, and not an easy thing to market, manufacture and distribute. Sideshow is the biggest game in town right now for bigger scale stuff (they have the most licenses and distribute for other companies). Hot toys are the best for high end figures, then you have Kotobukiya and DCD for the smaller scale stuff primarily. Bowen is defunct. There are more, but those (along with XM) are essentially the main players for comic stuff. There are more players for movie stuff and gaming stuff.

Figure out what you're interested in (scale, license/properties, price point, etc) and hit up google and various forums to get a feel for what's out there.

Edited by COI

Deathstroke by Prime 1 went up today, and I got that sucker pre-ordered. Pricey, but a must-have companion for the Noel Batman.

If anyone's interested in the EX, I wouldn't wait too long to order:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-deathstroke-prime-1-studio-9026161/

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-9026161-02.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-07.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-14.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-23.jpg

dc-comics-deathstroke-statue-prime-1-902616-13.jpg

I am not too sure I could even dream up a better Deathstroke statue. It's absolutely stunning in every way.

I've only ever had 4-5 statues before, 3 of those are "Death" from Sandman (Go figure/avatar) lol. Sideshow took $$ today for the Black Cat statue due in March/April though, getting antsy for this one!! :)

Great stuff guys btw!!

:hi: Pics of the Death from sandaman... :foryou:

regards

Looks like the exclusive for Deathstroke is already sold out.

Can't believe it wait listed that fast at that price. Awesome.

If you get on the wait list now, probably a real good chance it will convert. I'm tempted... but given exchange rate, plus duty to Canada, that's probably close to $1700 Canadian.

Looks like the exclusive for Deathstroke is already sold out.

Can't believe it wait listed that fast at that price. Awesome.

If you get on the wait list now, probably a real good chance it will convert. I'm tempted... but given exchange rate, plus duty to Canada, that's probably close to $1700 Canadian.

The EX s still available on Prime 1's site which likely means Sideshow will be allotted more to sell, so yeah, I would count on a waitlist conversion at this point.

If I were unsure, I'd just jump on the waitlist. If you get a quick conversion this month, cancel and jump on again. By next month, the waitlist will be longer, and you'll have time to think about it without risking the NRD. If the other pieces in the line that are scheduled to come out beforehand end up meeting or exceeding expectations, then at least you have your spot in line when a bunch of people scramble to try to get one.