• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

So, the Classic Catwoman statue arrived today from Midtown Comics, but there's no base in the box. Very annoying.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did you check for multiple compartments? The original Catwoman had two Styrofoam compartments: one for her body, head and hands, and another with the base.

So, the Classic Catwoman statue arrived today from Midtown Comics, but there's no base in the box. Very annoying.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did you check for multiple compartments? The original Catwoman had two Styrofoam compartments: one for her body, head and hands, and another with the base.

There are two compartments, but the one with the large space for the base was occupied by a heavily wrapped duplicate Catwoman head. I had a feeling there was going to be a problem when the tracking read that it was a 12.2 pound package. Should have been 17 or more.

Damn shame. Let us know how this turns out.

I thought my Spidey JSC statue was missing it's arms. Turns out there was a compartment on the front of the box I didn't see.

Goodluck

I prefer spending a few extra bucks to get stuff directly from Sideshow for the peace of mind of knowing that I can go right to them to sort these kinds of issues. Also, those reward points add up.

possibly a display item at the store and they forgot to pack the base? does the statue look mint? any sign of dust?

It was definitely displayed. The head was wrapped in green bubble wrap, and the statue was dusty. If I order from a large retailer's website, shouldn't I receive a new statue? Shouldn't they at least note on their website if the item has been displayed?

I prefer spending a few extra bucks to get stuff directly from Sideshow for the peace of mind of knowing that I can go right to them to sort these kinds of issues. Also, those reward points add up.

I know what you mean, but they sent me a 25% off coupon. I was on the fence about this statue, but the $100 discount convinced me.

possibly a display item at the store and they forgot to pack the base? does the statue look mint? any sign of dust?

It was definitely displayed. The head was wrapped in green bubble wrap, and the statue was dusty. If I order from a large retailer's website, shouldn't I receive a new statue? Shouldn't they at least note on their website if the item has been displayed?

Good news. Midtown is replacing the statue with an unopened one. And they're reimbursing me for return shipping costs. :applause:

Stoked they are replacing it mate. Absolutely should.

I'd say in answer to your first two questions, as you already know, yes and yes!!! Fairly outrageous - so it's good to see that they've done the right thing now. But should've done the right thing the first time!!

Glad they are making it right.

I just ordered this one. It looks awesome!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-iii-hot-toys-902224/

Yeah, thats a wicked piece but you know it's an action figure and not a statue right?

I've come close to ordering it myself on 3 or 4 occasions.

Glad they are making it right.

I just ordered this one. It looks awesome!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-iii-hot-toys-902224/

Yeah, thats a wicked piece but you know it's an action figure and not a statue right?

I've come close to ordering it myself on 3 or 4 occasions.

Agreed. Ankur, that's a action figure toy, not a statue.