• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Here's another insane collection; lots of huge Sideshow pieces and customs, and probably the best statue channel on youtube:

His half-scale room:

What does he do about dust?

Well, he's pretty lucky in that he lives in an area where dust isn't a major issue. He used to live in Philadelphia and dust was terrible. He has some special dust magnet cloth he uses...he also VERY CAREFULLY applies compressed air in certain spots. You have to be very careful with that because it can chip paint right off. Eventually he plans to glass all the shelves in which will help protect them from future children plus help with the dusting even further.

She's no Ms Marvel (thumbs u

:whistle::luhv:

TRUTH! :luhv:

Yuh!!!

Just for references sake :whistle:

mm2.jpg

booty.jpg

Good lord look at that .

Ok, I needs me a Ms. Marvel to keep Jessica company

:cloud9:

...... is that a factory error.... it looks like they forgot to fill in the panties covering her butt cheeks ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's not a factory error. The costume around the torso is actually cloth which you can adjust. ;)

Grrr.... Missed my Mary Jane delivery attempt once again. I left a signed card to leave the package but they want it only signed in person. Tomorrow will be the final attempt but I have to work during the day. I guess if you have a job there is no actual way to get your package. :(

Grrr.... Missed my Mary Jane delivery attempt once again. I left a signed card to leave the package but they want it only signed in person. Tomorrow will be the final attempt but I have to work during the day. I guess if you have a job there is no actual way to get your package. :(

What if you went to the UPS that is holding your package? And wait, they only attempt 3 times? What if you miss again?

The biggest hassle I have had over the years with Sideshow is actually receiving my stuff from UPS. Our UPS guy always comes while I'm at work, so in the past I've usually had to have my packages delivered (after the first failed delivery attempt) to the local UPS hub, where they would hold them for pick-up. No big deal.

But for my most recent SST delivery, they said they weren't allowed to hold it for pick up. Apparently SST had stipulated that the package could not be held for pick up, it had to be delivered to me at my home, and I had to sign for it at the time of delivery. UPS said that if I had an issue, I'd have to take it up with SS, and in the meantime the package may be returned to them.

I got lucky on the third attempt when I just happened to be stopping by the house on my lunch break, and ran into the driver. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would have happened.

It was unusual because this package wasn't any more expensive than any others I'd received from SST in the past.

If you click through SST's site, apparently there is a process you can undergo to waive the signature process, but that leaves you completely unprotected. Seems like there should be a middle ground.

I love their stuff, but the hassles of receiving the items plus the really lazy quality control of late (two of my last three pieces were broken, one I had to wait about six months for a replacement part, the other they said couldn't be replaced, so I sent the broken statue back, and a month later they have them for sale on their site again) has left a bad taste in my mouth.

But then they turn around and put out a kickass statue (the new Hellboy and Red Sonja PF's) and pull me right back in. Jerks.

Edited by F For Fake

That's weird.

Have you asked Sideshow about it? It may be a UPS thing. I get my SS pieces via Fedex, and if I miss delivery, they're held. (shrug)

Soooo. . . I got myself put on the list for the Sideshow PF Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

I don't like any of you anymore.

Congrats! This hobby will ruin your life. :acclaim: