• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Hado, you could actually get both Scarlet Witch and Black Widow for quite a bit less than Ms Marvel would cost you. I'd go for SW first though, as she's been out for a year now and is probably close to selling out.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-scarlet-witch-sideshow-collectibles-300112/

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-black-widow-natasha-romanova-sideshow-collectibles-300168/

A pic to entice you (not mine):

east4a.jpg

Those are very cool. The Vision and Scarlet Witch together look amazing. Jason (Sufunk) is going to have a break down when he sees the Vision. He had a big man crush on that character. :sick:

The Vision is awesome! I think I posted it earlier in the thread.

Harley looks great, the new green poison ivy looks amazing. Of course once you get harley you need a Joker and Ivy to go with it, then of course catwoman too...it doesn't end

No, it doesn't. :pullhair:

Right now I'm thinking of ways of getting a Mrs. Marvel so Jess isn't alone :pullhair:

Have you seen the new Black Widow? It looks really nice, and it just came out, so it'll cost you a third of what Ms. Marvel would cost.

hm

For what it's worth, I no longer play the game of chasing old Sideshow pieces, even though there are a few I really want and would pay the going rate for. Sideshow is putting out so much stuff and the quality is getting better overall despite what some might say, so my rationale is why spend the equivalent of three awesome pieces on just one awesome piece? But that's just me.

Just remember it's a marathon and not a sprint, I do need to get the Joker quickly since he isn't getting any cheaper. It's really about priority and who you want the most. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Venom are really expensive, I want all of them haha

Harley looks great, the new green poison ivy looks amazing. Of course once you get harley you need a Joker and Ivy to go with it, then of course catwoman too...it doesn't end

Right now I'm thinking of ways of getting a Mrs. Marvel so Jess isn't alone :pullhair:

Have you seen the new Black Widow? It looks really nice, and it just came out, so it'll cost you a third of what Ms. Marvel would cost.

hm

For what it's worth, I no longer play the game of chasing old Sideshow pieces, even though there are a few I really want and would pay the going rate for. Sideshow is putting out so much stuff and the quality is getting better overall despite what some might say, so my rationale is why spend the equivalent of three awesome pieces on just one awesome piece? But that's just me.

Just remember it's a marathon and not a sprint, I do need to get the Joker quickly since he isn't getting any cheaper. It's really about priority and who you want the most. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Venom are really expensive, I want all of them haha

Agreed. Patience pays off with statues. And I definitely would tell anyone who wants a Joker to grab one now. He's above retail but still reasonable. And now with the Green Ivy, lots of people are getting a second chance at that sculpt, so it's a good time to lock up the early DC pieces before they get nuts.

Hado, you could actually get both Scarlet Witch and Black Widow for quite a bit less than Ms Marvel would cost you. I'd go for SW first though, as she's been out for a year now and is probably close to selling out.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-scarlet-witch-sideshow-collectibles-300112/

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-black-widow-natasha-romanova-sideshow-collectibles-300168/

Those are very cool. The Vision and Scarlet Witch together look amazing. Jason (Sufunk) is going to have a break down when he sees the Vision. He had a big man crush on that character. :sick:

I think he grabbed them both already.

Got a decently low number (for those that care about such things.)

Funny, my Poison Ivy PF is #18.

It's not really that funny.

It's funny enough for me!

That looks great!! :headbang:

I like your small, vintage looking statues of Harley, Poison Ivy and Batgirl as well! Very cool!

Thanks! :) The Harley and Batgirl are from a line of "Animated" statues that DCD did several years ago (I have Zatanna in another room). The Ivy is a ceramic piece that I picked up at one of the old WB Gallery stores back in the 1990's. You don't see them very often. I always liked the look of the glaze/paint job.

Thanks again for listening!

I don't have any of those, but I do have this JLU Black Canary...

BCstat.jpg

I used to have that one, and wish like hell that I hadn't sold her back when the prices started popping. It's a lovely piece, I just decided at some point that I wasn't going to try to complete the JLA maquette line, so I threw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. Very nice piece!

Eventually it will have to, as I only have so much space! With the DC pieces, so far my plan is to just pick up the chicks from the Bat universe, but Wonder Woman is very tempting.

Eventually it will have to, as I only have so much space! With the DC pieces, so far my plan is to just pick up the chicks from the Bat universe, but Wonder Woman is very tempting.

Yeah, expensive as collecting is, space is the main challenge with these things.

I have every DC PF so far, with Superman on the way sometime this month, and Sinestro, Wonder Woman and Catwoman on order. Wonder how long I'll be able to keep up with the line before I tap out. :pullhair:

Yeah, expensive as collecting is, space is the main challenge with these things.

I have every DC PF so far, with Superman on the way sometime this month, and Sinestro, Wonder Woman and Catwoman on order. Wonder how long I'll be able to keep up with the line before I tap out. :pullhair:

Ha! And the problem never goes away, because once you get a taste of the PF's, everything else looks rinky dink in comparison. I used to be a big Bowen collector, and they still put out nice pieces, but I've ended up selling all of them over time because next to the SST PF's, they just look so "meh".

As for space, if I stick to my guns, I should be fairly safe as far as DCU is concerned. I've got spots set aside for Ivy and Catwoman now that Harley is here. Down the road, if they should come to pass, I could see myself springing for Zatanna, Black Canary and Batgirl. And that should suit my needs.

Now, Marvel is another situation entirely, and that's not counting indie stuff too. I have Red Sonja and Hellboy EX's on order and I'm already trying to figure out the logistics of where they'll finally come to rest.

Of course, these are good problems to have!

east4a.jpg

The Vision is awesome! I think I posted it earlier in the thread.

Those look terrific. The SW looks so much better in pics I've seen than in the promo materials SST released. I have been saving up some Reward Points, I might give in and pic her up.

BW also looks great too! I have the IM2/ScarJo version, so I thought I was set, but if this one doesn't sell out for a while, I may scoop her up eventually too.

I'm less concerned about space than I am about the big furry galoot I just adopted. He just stood up on his back legs and I realized he could reach The Dark Knight.

Been waiting for a while to put these together. Now I just need to wait 8 months for Catwoman. :frustrated:

bfam_zps38bc9d85.jpg

You're missing Superman :)

Tell me about it. My order has been in for more than a year, I'm just waiting for SS to ship it to me. They're being real slow with Supes.

Ha! And the problem never goes away, because once you get a taste of the PF's, everything else looks rinky dink in comparison. I used to be a big Bowen collector, and they still put out nice pieces, but I've ended up selling all of them over time because next to the SST PF's, they just look so "meh".

As for space, if I stick to my guns, I should be fairly safe as far as DCU is concerned. I've got spots set aside for Ivy and Catwoman now that Harley is here. Down the road, if they should come to pass, I could see myself springing for Zatanna, Black Canary and Batgirl. And that should suit my needs.

Now, Marvel is another situation entirely, and that's not counting indie stuff too. I have Red Sonja and Hellboy EX's on order and I'm already trying to figure out the logistics of where they'll finally come to rest.

Exactly. One you start buying Sideshow pieces, everything else looks like trinkets. And that's not a knock on the quality of smaller stuff necessarily, but the size, presence and detail of a PF are unparalleled. LSFs are even crazier, but you're paying 5x the price.

Exactly. One you start buying Sideshow pieces, everything else looks like trinkets. And that's not a knock on the quality of smaller stuff necessarily, but the size, presence and detail of a PF are unparalleled. LSFs are even crazier, but you're paying 5x the price.

The Dr. Doom LSF is amazing, 50 inches tall and super detailed!

I just picked up Batman, Harley and the Joker, All exclusives for $1500 shipped with original boxes! Couldn't pass that up.

Killer deal. Factor in the shipping and taxes you normally have to pay for each, and you pretty much got them at retail. You'll love them in person.