• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

It happens. I dropped the axe hand switch-out on my Conan dio, and it broke the strap off the handle of the axe. Luckily it was a clean break and just needs some glue.

"Mint freaks" don't do well in statue collecting. Whether it's minor blemishes, QC issues or dents in the box, defects come with the territory.

I could resist no longer and I preordered the DD statue.

I was hooked after COI posted all the Conan and Pubisher detail shots.

Also, for such a small monthly payment over six months I was basically forced into buying it.

Yeah, you can't really see it that much. And if I try to put a "positive spin" on it - it makes the cement/brick base like like it's weathered with time! :grin:

It's more of just KNOWING I damaged it and a doh! feeling. Once I have it set up, I'll post some pics. :cool:

Also, for such a small monthly payment over six months I was basically forced into buying it.

:applause:

I'm going to preorder. Just waiting until next week to get paid. (thumbs u

Can't they send you a poster or pin or something stupid! :D

Nice, congrats. You will be shocked when it arrives.

Yeah, you can't really see it that much. And if I try to put a "positive spin" on it - it makes the cement/brick base like like it's weathered with time! :grin:

It's more of just KNOWING I damaged it and a doh! feeling. Once I have it set up, I'll post some pics. :cool:

Yeah, you feel really dumb when that happens because it's usually due to a lack of patience.

I know someone who broke a Sideshow piece they paid $1500 for in half.

Not 100% certain, but I heard it will be around $350. It's not a Sideshow piece and it's a smaller scale (1/6).

Not 100% certain, but I heard it will be around $350. It's not a Sideshow piece and it's a smaller scale (1/6).

Where is that one from?

A company called "Tweeterhead".

Where is that one from?

A company called "Tweeterhead".

Thanks, great piece!

When I went home for lunch today, I was surprised that not one, but two actual miracles awaited me:

1. The UPS guy actually came while I was at home! (Sparing me the hassle of having to call Sideshow Toys so they can call UPS to lift restrictions so I can go pick up my package at will call).

and

2. My item wasn't damaged! (Three of the last four pieces I got from SST were busted.)

So, it was a very happy lunchtime indeed, and I'm happy to show some pics of my newly arrived SST Harley Quinn PF (Exclusive). Keep in mind that I shot these crappy pics with my phone as I prepared to run back to work. But they will hopefully suffice.

To begin, I really like the box, and love the embossed effect of the "finger writing".

121vn9c.jpg

10dtnat.jpg

Got a decently low number (for those that care about such things.)

2wltwug.jpg

Again, lighting is bad, this is, uh, on my living room floor, etc. But hopefully it will give you an idea of whether or not you'd like to own one for yourself.

To begin, we have the regular and exclusive heads. I didn't really care for the excl head in the preview pics, but figured I may as well order it as they were the same price, and if I ever decide to resell this one down the road, the exclusives will always demand a higher price.

i5n58n.jpg

I think the piece turned out beautifully. The fabric costume looks great, the sculpt is good, paint is nice on the sculpted bits, I dig the pose. Overall it's a winner.

291z420.jpg

Not terribly clear in the pic, but yes, Harley has visible nipples under the fabric. If you're the sort of person that gets excited about barely visible nipples on sculpted versions of imaginary people, then this might excite you.

30cop75.jpg

3090r4z.jpg

Rear

27x1k5x.jpg

And what a rear! (I am the sort of hypocrite who makes fun of lovers of sculpted nipples, but who actually loves the butts of sculpted versions of imaginary people).

2nlsefa.jpg

With the EX head displayed

k2bcec.jpg

Closer. Still not a fan of the look.

28isw80.jpg

And finally, this is where I left her before I had to come back to work. I'll clear out a better (dusted!) space for her.

2j4r1uo.jpg

So, in conclusion I still don't care for the EX head, but if you're a fan of the character, this is a beautiful piece. Can't wait for Catwoman and Ivy to show up so they can be displayed together.

And I meant to share my "mancase" the other day. I won't have a mancave for awhile, so I settled with a "mancase". It's still a work in progress as I can't wait to buy the DD Premium Format figure to go where the Faux Bronze piece is now. I also need to buy a few HC editions and Omnibuses (Omnibie?) of my favorite books.

25yyayt.jpg

Oh, and excuse the paint. The room was painted for the previous owners little girl and we didn't know whether to leave it like that for our daughter. lol