• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

$127.50. This auction did end at an odd hour on a weekday morning. Perhaps the final price might have been more if this end in the eavening? There was also the missing "second print" notation in the title like you pointed out as well. I'll be curious to see the next one when it comes up.

Whattup

IMG_27071_zps2de9d7d2.jpg

Edited by Revat

So which is the rarest or more sought after MOS #18, the 1st, 2nd or 3rd printing? And why?

Also what makes MOS #17 such a hot item?

I have a #19 and #75 DOS already but I'm thinking I may try and complete this Doomsday series

Edited by Dwitkin82

So which is the rarest or more sought after MOS #18, the 1st, 2nd or 3rd printing? And why?

Also what makes MOS #17 such a hot item?

I have a #19 and #75 DOS already but I'm thinking I may try and complete this Doomsday series

MOS 3rd print, 4th print, and 5th print were the most expensive and most difficult for me to get. 1st and 2nd print were going for pretty much the same price and plenty of them available.

MOS #17 (first appearance/cameo of Doomsday) 1st print was another easy get. 2nd print was a bit more difficult to find but not impossible.

***Talking specifically about CGC 9.8 only

I got a few books back yesterday from CGC to help my collection of MOS 17 and 18's. Just a few more to go.

I got MOS 17, MOS 18 2nd and 3rd printings back yesterday. I was a disappointed in my 2nd print and what it came back as.

15640911118_53b80c6b8f.jpg

mos 18 1st printings and mos 17 by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

2nd print is a 9.0, 3rd 9.8, 4th 9.8, and 5th 9.4

15824438451_b3f796d36d.jpg

mos 18 2nd thru 5 prtngs by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

and I also received the Action Comics yesterday.

15826326835_a174b93c9c.jpg

mos set of 6 by dghmwyatt, on Flickr

Edited by vader2001

Nice Vader2001! How many examples of each MOS issue and printing do you have now?

Thanks

I know I have at least 2 of the 4th and 5th printings, as for the rest 1st probably 10, 2nd's 5, 3rd also 5.

For MOS 17 I have 6 more. 19's I have 3 of that one.

Back when these issues first I worked for a comic/sports cards/mags/newspaper/p()rn store called Shinders in Blaine MN. I was one of the comic buyers for that store. Whenever a comic came out that had one of my favorite characters I would buy multiple issues. Well we never got in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th prints. But whenever I saw them. I would pick them up. I did buy a 1st print 9.8 of the 18 on the boards here. I have always loved the story, so I still buy them when I can get them for a great price.

Nice Vader2001! How many examples of each MOS issue and printing do you have now?

Thanks

I know I have at least 2 of the 4th and 5th printings, as for the rest 1st probably 10, 2nd's 5, 3rd also 5.

Back when these issues first I worked for a comic/sports cards/mags/newspaper/p()rn store called Shinders in Blaine MN. I was one of the comic buyers for that store. Whenever a comic came out that had one of my favorite characters I would buy multiple issues. Well we never got in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th prints. But whenever I saw them. I would pick them up. I did buy a 1st print 9.8 of the 18 on the boards here. I have always loved the story, so I still buy them when I can get them for a great price.

Shinders, that brings back some memories. Used to get my comics at the Maplewood store in the late 80s and early 90s. Before I found the Source and Hot Comics.

Nice books as well.

Edited by FutureFlash

Thanks

Shinders, that brings back some memories. Used to get my comics at the Maplewood store in the late 80s and early 90s. Before I found the Source and Hot Comics.

Nice books as well.

They did have some nice stuff. Joel Shinder is a *spoon*, but I really enjoyed working there part time.

I'm hoping the same.

Didn't Smallville also try to offer up Doomsday and that was a little bit of a letdown as well?

yup... Just a shadow..... :cry:

I meant to enter 'Darkseid' and hit an 'o'. Android helped make the rest come together.

:blush:

S10e16-darkseid.jpg