• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

197c6irw7p7ibjpg.jpg

The CGC census is about the explode now.

there were already plenty of copies and MOS18 had really slowed down. I think my last 9.8s I was selling for $70-$80, then again we've seen a boom with other issues that were already flooding the census.

197c6irw7p7ibjpg.jpg

The CGC census is about the explode now.

there were already plenty of copies and MOS18 had really slowed down. I think my last 9.8s I was selling for $70-$80, then again we've seen a boom with other issues that were already flooding the census.

And that was when this was all just a rumor of Jason Momoa potentially playing Doomsday. Now, with this news...

clown-combat-20070718104753876-000.jpg

Clowns of destruction!

I feel the time is appropriate to show off this bad boy again.

The last time I posted this photo (about a year ago?) I think there were about 800 total MOS18s on the census with about 500 of them graded 9.8.

At that time only 5 were graded 9.9.

Since then another 300 9.8s have been graded (an explosion of 9.8s). And there are now 1375 total MOS18s on the census.

However, to my delight, ZERO 9.9s have been added to the census.

get-attachment-4aspx_zps2ae58b4a.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

The last time I posted this photo (about a year ago?) I think there were about 800 total MOS18s on the census with about 500 of them graded 9.8.

Since then another 300 9.8s have been graded (an explosion of 9.8s). And there are now 1375 total MOS18s on the census.

CPR for a 10.0!!

I kid ;)

Beautiful!!

If anyone is interested, from childhood I found a superman man of steel 17, 18, 19 first editions in my collection. I think I bought them and forgot to even read them so they are in the same condition as from the newstand. As far as 19, one is a direct edition and the other is a newspaper edition. If someone explains how to upload photos I can do that, or if interested just message me, I'm in northern jersey.

Beautiful book!

Thoughts on what it would take to purchase a 9.9 copy of this book (not asking about your copy just a copy in general)?

Beautiful book!

Thoughts on what it would take to purchase a 9.9 copy of this book (not asking about your copy just a copy in general)?

I'd like to know the answer to that too. I know what I paid for it but I think I want to keep that private for now (quite a bit more than a 9.8). GPA doesn't have any sales info for a 9.9.

If Doomsday is a reality for the movie, and more than just a 30 second cameo, then I think all of these Doomsday comics are going to get a nice bump. And my 9.9.....? I want one of the other owners to test the market.

Edited by gadzukes

"The last time I posted this photo (about a year ago?) I think there were about 800 total MOS18s on the census with about 500 of them graded 9.8.

However, to my delight, ZERO 9.9s have been added to the census."

Man, that is a TON of submissions...

Saw this on ebay.

THIS is how the 5th print came-to-be:

627DF18F-5620-4922-B9AC-514FA112CA0F.png

There was someone selling the two packs last year sometime, but they weren't properly identified. Contained therein were the 4th and 5th print packs, along with other choice goodies.

The 5th print pack sold for $26 and the 4th for $4.50 or so.

Both to me.

:cloud9: