• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

How do the 2nd, 3rd, etc prints sell? I found some of Superman 74/75, Adv of Superman 497/498, Justice League 70 and Action Comics 685

For those issues not very much unless they are in mint condition and even then some of those are very common.

How do the 2nd, 3rd, etc prints sell? I found some of Superman 74/75, Adv of Superman 497/498, Justice League 70 and Action Comics 685

For those issues not very much unless they are in mint condition and even then some of those are very common.

are you selling any???

are you selling any???

:hi:

I am.

are you selling any???

Which one(s) you looking for?

How much does Man of Steel #17 2ndprinting go for these days? I've been searching around but haven't been able to find much info on it.

A friend of mine, who doesn't collect comics, found some old comics from when he was younger. Among them was a MoS #17 2nd print. It's got a small ncb bend on the bottom back cover that could be pressed out and a very tiny bindery tear at the bottom spine, but otherwise, it seemed really sharp. Maybe 9.6ish with a press at first look.

This may be of interest to people. The MoS #17 2nd print came in a pack of 20 DC issues that he got for Christmas in 1992. He still has the pack, with the label. All the comics in the pack are cover dated November, 1992, but the MoS issue is the 2nd print, while the others all seemed to be 1st prints. It occurred to me that the print run of MoS #17 2nd print might be so small because it was specially made for this 20 pack, to round out the set of November releases. Just a theory.

How much does Man of Steel #17 2ndprinting go for these days? I've been searching around but haven't been able to find much info on it.

A friend of mine, who doesn't collect comics, found some old comics from when he was younger. Among them was a MoS #17 2nd print. It's got a small ncb bend on the bottom back cover that could be pressed out and a very tiny bindery tear at the bottom spine, but otherwise, it seemed really sharp. Maybe 9.6ish with a press at first look.

This may be of interest to people. The MoS #17 2nd print came in a pack of 20 DC issues that he got for Christmas in 1992. He still has the pack, with the label. All the comics in the pack are cover dated November, 1992, but the MoS issue is the 2nd print, while the others all seemed to be 1st prints. It occurred to me that the print run of MoS #17 2nd print might be so small because it was specially made for this 20 pack, to round out the set of November releases. Just a theory.

That's possible. I'd have to open my 20s to make sure. But yes, some of the DOS books in the 20 packs, and the 2 and 3 packs, were later printings.

I did not know about the MOS 17 2nd print being in a 20 pack, thanks for the info! I'm not sure what raw copies go for, I thought I saw a mention on this tread about one copy going for $70, but that's all I know. I paid a pretty penny for my 9.8 MOS 17 2nd, time will tell if I paid too much or if I got a bargain, but I slept on it before purchasing it and enjoyed every penny I spent on it.

I did not know about the MOS 17 2nd print being in a 20 pack, thanks for the info! I'm not sure what raw copies go for, I thought I saw a mention on this tread about one copy going for $70, but that's all I know. I paid a pretty penny for my 9.8 MOS 17 2nd, time will tell if I paid too much or if I got a bargain, but I slept on it before purchasing it and enjoyed every penny I spent on it.

$70 :flamed:doh!:pullhair::o

well there goes my dream of owning a MOS 17 2nd print :cry:

you have sad dreams, that are apparently easily crushed

You never know, that could have just been a bidding war, there could still be other opportunities for a good price. Best of luck!

So just be clear as I have been laughed at in past since I know nothing about comic books, I see this tread is specific about Superman and Doomsday. I have this book and I am just curious as to what makes one worth more than another? Is it worth doing anything with or based on it being so common is it just ? Please be kind with your responses as the last group I asked advice from was not

2nrkd45.jpg[/img]

So just be clear as I have been laughed at in past since I know nothing about comic books, I see this tread is specific about Superman and Doomsday. I have this book and I am just curious as to what makes one worth more than another? Is it worth doing anything with or based on it being so common is it just ? Please be kind with your responses as the last group I asked advice from was not

2nrkd45.jpg[/img]

Currently, the book has *some* interest, but it is extremely common, so unless it is a slabbed 9.8 (or SS 9.6 or better), it currently has no value above $5 or so.

As to the last responses you got: it is an unfortunate by-product of the culture of these boards, but this is the critical thing: you can't let it bother you.

Seriously...if you let all the trash talk bother you, you would become very bitter, very fast, or just give up and leave, never to return (which has happened to THOUSANDS of members here.)

Just use what you can use, and ignore the rest. It takes discipline and practice, but it can be done.

Meanwhile, there are established members who try to keep the folks who insult in check, so hopefully it won't be as bad as it could be.

On the other hand, if you give off the impression that you're here to scam, or just BS your way around, you will be found out and summarily dealt with, too.

That's one of the positive aspects of this place: there is very little patience for that type of nonsense.

2nrkd45.jpg[/img]

Currently, the book has *some* interest, but it is extremely common, so unless it is a slabbed 9.8 (or SS 9.6 or better), it currently has no value above $5 or so.

As to the last responses you got: it is an unfortunate by-product of the culture of these boards, but this is the critical thing: you can't let it bother you.

Seriously...if you let all the trash talk bother you, you would become very bitter, very fast, or just give up and leave, never to return (which has happened to THOUSANDS of members here.)

Just use what you can use, and ignore the rest. It takes discipline and practice, but it can be done.

Meanwhile, there are established members who try to keep the folks who insult in check, so hopefully it won't be as bad as it could be.

On the other hand, if you give off the impression that you're here to scam, or just BS your way around, you will be found out and summarily dealt with, too.

That's one of the positive aspects of this place: there is very little patience for that type of nonsense.

100% Understood.Yeah I def wasn't trying to Scam anyone. Basically I had a bunch of comics books that I've had since I was a kid and I thought I would just post pics to see if any of them had any relevance, and the verbal abuse I took was shocking. Would have thought people with the same interest would have been more helpful and less judgmental. I was very wrong. I'll stick with collecting my art to say the least.

As far as this book, it probably wouldn't make any sense to get it graded based on what you said. Spending $$ to get it CGC'd only to find out its worth the same or less afterwards. Guess it'll go back into the box then

Thanks!