• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

6,333 posts in this topic

HELLS YEAH!!! Just snagged this book, of which I've never seen another copy. Now I also have the complete run!

$T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmHnBBRIURDk!-!~~60_57.JPG

I tried to snipe that one, but you beat me! Actually, now I'm glad you won it. I snagged several other Cole covers from that sale but I have a lot of gaps, so this issue wasn't of key importance to me. :foryou:

Congrats on your pickups too! What did u get?

Oh, and don't feel too bad about losing it. Not only did I bid like 3x what is sold for because I really wanted it, but I emailed the seller last week and offered him $50. Hey - I tried! ;) That seller listed even more today too. He's got 1 I may try to snag but I'm not too sure I like that book's grade.

Happy hunting! :D

Congrats on your pickups too! What did u get?

Oh, and don't feel too bad about losing it. Not only did I bid like 3x what is sold for because I really wanted it, but I emailed the seller last week and offered him $50. Hey - I tried! ;) That seller listed even more today too. He's got 1 I may try to snag but I'm not too sure I like that book's grade.

Happy hunting! :D

I picked up these:

KGrHqNHJFIFEeJwBKTlBRIT9hToQ60_57_zpsfe0588df.jpg

T2eC16VHJHEE9ny2rTbkBRITk2DeJQ60_57_zps4c7319d3.jpg

KGrHqJhQFEQO7-otMBRITJTNeg60_57_zps30555904.jpg

KGrHqFHJEoFERIJ9seBRISgIFyv60_57_zpsfed16b79.jpg

Nothing high grade, but filling a few of my many gaps.

Thanks! I saw that Terrors 21. Killer copy by lbcolefan I think...

...which this comic certainly isn't. However for under $10 I'll have a placeholder for when a better one comes on the market:

$(KGrHqZ,!hoFEQ07q3KTBRKlOKDWng~~60_57.JPG

Kind of like when you see those "before and after" commercials, just look to the right side of the screen. :P Now I just need 2 more issues to complete this run. Hopefully I'll have more on that front soon - and now I've got one of the 2 eyeball covers!

I wonder what it would cost to get this spine restored. Anybody have a clue?

Ok, I just got the above THRILLING CRIME #45 in the mail and I couldn't be happier with it! It's beautiful! And so I celebrated by pulling the trigger on 3 more Cole covers! It looks like another collector was selling his Cole stuff and I'm gonna give them a new home:

TOP LOVE STORIES #3 (The run's #1)

$(KGrHqR,!pwFEBe2N7uCBROSGFtprg~~60_57.JPG

TOP LOVE STORIES #16

$(KGrHqN,!qkFEynHBg00BROSLceg2w~~60_57.JPG

TOP LOVE STORIES #17

$T2eC16R,!y0E9s2S6c9FBROSLoTLLw~~60_57.JPG

From last night's Heritage auction I snagged a Jungle Thrills #16!!!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121310&lotNo=12233

There were a handful on Cole covers up for grabs, including some nice lots of books. However congrats to whoever got the BB Ghostly Weird Tales #122 off the bay last night. I was the under bidder on that one!

From last night's Heritage auction I snagged a Jungle Thrills #16!!!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121310&lotNo=12233

There were a handful on Cole covers up for grabs, including some nice lots of books. However congrats to whoever got the BB Ghostly Weird Tales #122 off the bay last night. I was the under bidder on that one!

Nice pickup at a nice price.

Thanks Squeggs! I could have done w/o the date stamp, but at that price I'll take it. I've filled up a lot of holes in my Cole runs lately. I've gotta find a way to scan a few issues and sell some under copies...

I'm waiting for 1 more box to arrive and then I'll be posting a few more winners in this thread as well. Stay tuned! (thumbs u

Ok, here are a few that I had been wanting for a long time, and I'm willing to bet that at least one of them haven't been in this thread yet....

FILM STARS ROMANCES #1. Love the colors on this book, and the film like logos:

20130319_181125.jpg

FLAMING WESTERN ROMANCES #3. There has been one on ebay, but it's a bit too miscut for my tastes. This one seems like a nicer copy:

20130319_180921.jpg

And for the crappiest pic, but still a coop book, CRIMINALS ON THE RUN V.2 #5:

20130319_181257.jpg