• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Love that Catman cover. I have only 1 Catman issue, #27, but I really want a #30. I'll get there!

Until then here's 2 crime books I picked up off ebay:

ALL-FAMOUS CRIME #8

39.jpg

ALL-FAMOUS POLICE CASES #9

41.jpg

It's got to be tough to be tough in that pink getaway car lol

Great books. Thank you for sharing all those seldom seen Cole crime covers :applause:

No kidding! Imagine seeing a pink getaway car being chased by that lime green cop car through the technicolor streets of the city. The All-Famous #9 has been an elusive one thus far. I just love the "Camera of Death" cover!

Timley - you can post that pic as often as you want! If the Timeley vault ever gets a bit tight I'm keeping a slot open for a Catman #28 in my LB Cole collection! :cloud9:

Sweet little hoard!

Perhaps it's time for me to post this group shot again.

Catman28s.jpg

You guys didn't think I'd let this thread stay down that long, did ya? ;) both are the stock images of the listings, so I'll take personal pics soon.

I just ordered up this one, bringing me one step closer to all of the STT run:

$T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2sq1LBQ5QK8wby!~~60_57.JPG

Then there's this one, that I got to replace a really beaten copy that I got a few months ago. It presents very nicely, so I'm happy!

$T2eC16VHJGYFFkvfu7,RBR,uyMU!mg~~60_57.JPG

Thank you sir! I can't wait for it. And you are correct, it IS a pain just to locate. As you can see from my sig like, I now only need 2 more to finish the double-run. One of those being the "White Hand Horror" cover that is also a tough one.

:applause:

Was looking at your want list to see if I could help and saw you needed Thrilling Crime Cases # 48. Thought I had one but I have 47, not 48.

ThrillingCrimeCases47-1_zps95bc644a.jpg

I only have two issues in the run, the 47 and a copy of 49. Not the best copy but a copy nonetheless.

ThrillingCrimeCases49_zpseb2753f5.jpg

Thanks for looking! That's a really nice #47! A bit of a mis-wrap but great colors! Sometimes that cover tends to look a bit faded but that copy looks nice. And hey - you've got a #49! Sucks that some kid took a pencil to it, but otherwise looks pretty good!

Yeah, the of the 2 I need the 41 comes up less often but it's the first in the run. 48's are more frequently up for grabs but I think I've slacked on that one because the cover is similar to another Cole cover I have.

Here's a TC #48:

840439.jpg

And here's the one I have, ALL FAMOUS POLICE CASES #6:

785659.jpg

How many of those "very similar" covers are there in Cole's library? hm

Really, not that many - but there are some that do have similar themes. Here's a pair that comes to mind that is a bit too close for comfort:

839735.jpg

837109.jpg

There is this pair:

841225.jpg

834699.jpg

And I always get them mixed up in my head with this one:

834621.jpg

But a lot of the romance covers have similar themes and angles. The ones that are truly unique do stand out.

That's a great SPOOK #28! Congrats! That's one I haven't found or been able to get a copy I'm happy with just yet. Well done! Feel free to post your other recent pickups too. I'm way overdue to take a few group shots.