• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Thanks so much guys!

MrBedrock: That is a perfect copy for my tastes. Well done sir! I always liked the yellow sig on that one.

Damonwad: Thanks! Nice avatar! ;)

One of these days I'll have to upgrade my Mask issues, and seeing those nice copies above make that tempting. Until then I'll be sipping my martini while I sit next to these 2 beauties which shall henceforth be known as...

THE SPIDER SET!

20130612_184831.jpg

very cool, I have the STT 11, but need to find a decent copy of the Suspense. Grats!

Thanks!

And in the category of I cannot be stopped.... I grabbed these 2! This one, I hadn't seen too often before and got it cheap:

$(KGrHqEOKpYFGVog!nP,BRlwc4l4I!~~60_57.JPG

And this one I had to snag as it is an upgrade and I will now have the only 2 copies I've ever seen up for grabs:

$(KGrHqRHJBwFDBVFYDYrBRuWTvdNw!~~60_57.JPG

Found a few bargains this weekend. I'm getting this one for around $10 and I hadn't seen it available before. Missing a few chips out of the bottom but otherwise looks great:

$T2eC16JHJGMFFpfi!d7!BRs9nrUtBw~~60_57.JPG

And then this one, which just gets STUPID $, but maybe everyone was watching the NBA finals or Mad Men last night. Looks to be about VG-, and that's good enough for me, especially considering what I shelled out for it.

$T2eC16dHJGIFFoqWmqOjBRtLhsy2kg~~60_57.JPG

From a fellow boardie:

Guns Against Gangsters v1, 5. Now I only need 2 more for the run!

GunsAgainstGangsters05fc100_zpscc1c5bf7.jpg

Then a few nice copies of the World Around us:

WorldAroundUs03fc100_zps18f84b06.jpg

WorldAroundUs13fc100_zps7d56baae.jpg

WorldAroundUs28fc100_zpsfc399cee.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Thanks! There's some interior LB Cole art in the Guns book too! :D

I get the feeling that cover was just an excuse for Cole to draw ducks, or is there a matching int. story?

Thanks! There's some interior LB Cole art in the Guns book too! :D

I get the feeling that cover was just an excuse for Cole to draw ducks, or is there a matching int. story?

There is a matching interior story! I just flipped through it and quick read the panels, but I think the guy that's shot is a judge and the bad guys want to try and kill him. There's a scene when the hero even stays alive by breathing through a hollow reed underwater. He eventually shoots one of the guys with a shotgun and all is well.

Then the following page is a detailed look a 6 different kinds of shotguns and the type of ammo they use.

There's also a Toni Gayle story that takes place in Holland where, I swear to god, she yells to one of they guys trying to kill her, "Aw, go stick your finger in a dyke!"

doh!

Yeah, and I've been looking for that one for a while. It consoled me a bit after missing out on a Fiction House book too. This cover reminds me of this 4Most cover, only this one is a tiger instead (not my copy, but I have one):

848505.jpg

Cole loved to draw horses, but he drew everything from whales, fish, funny animals, and wolves. Great stuff!