• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 10:42 PM, Qua-Brot said:
On 10/25/2021 at 5:34 PM, Point Five said:

Huh, good eye. I'm not sure what that is. It looks like c/t but it's on the back cover, not the front, which is odd. Ah well!

I think its a pinpoint hole in the spine. The spine looks frail to me as is.

That was my guess and I was trying to match it up (and the other two dots) to the picture of the back cover but couldn't do it.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, Black Bat said:

Here's mine, its a "only" 4.5 but a top collection favorite.  The cover inks resemble a silkscreen, they are so incredibly thick and rich. Compare these colors to that VF+.  I don't care about the grade- I wouldn't buy that book as anything but a placeholder.  

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 6.36.34 PM.png

Nice!  :applause: I regret letting my own copy go many years ago. Know just what you mean about the inks... I would love to find one like this. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, october said:

Here's my "placeholder" I bought like a decade ago. Zero luck upgrading. Such a tough book. 

2027916241_001(364).thumb.jpg.bfab2bc30f96fcf1eb6c739a54a33fe4.jpg

:applause:  That's my old copy, right? Wasn't this the one where the cover was loose at the top staple and detached in transit?

To be honest I never felt quite right about that. If you want to return it I've got your 60 bucks all ready to go.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:51 AM, Point Five said:

:applause:  That's my old copy, right? Wasn't this the one where the cover was loose at the top staple and detached in transit?

To be honest I never felt quite right about that. If you want to return it I've got your 60 bucks all ready to go.

lol Maybe? I don't remember where I got it, but yeah, the top staple is hanging on by a thread at best. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, Black Bat said:

The cover inks resemble a silkscreen, they are so incredibly thick and rich. [...]

Another cover very much like that is Startling Terror Tales #14. (This is an ebay stock photo, not my copy, but I used to own one nearly this nice.) Content-wise, it's maybe not a cover that's super highly sought after, but the inks really pop if you can find a nice glossy one.

1914545087_ScreenShot2021-10-29at12_44_57PM.png.1f291df983d1d15c1670bf18495517e3.png

On 10/29/2021 at 9:50 AM, Point Five said:

Another cover very much like that is Startling Terror Tales #14. (This is an ebay stock photo, not my copy, but I used to own one nearly this nice.) Content-wise, it's maybe not a cover that's super highly sought after, but the inks really pop if you can find a nice glossy one.

They really do  look like silkscreened black light posters from the 60s/70s (yes I have the book:headbang:).