• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 8:08 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

6 x OPG in todays CC auction. It’s nice to buy a book that appears under graded 

32D0201F-4335-4F84-9797-A3196440F0A4.jpeg

Did you win this auction?  Looks like you did!  It looks like a copy that I used to own (date stamp and placement).  It's a great book and worth every penny if you ask me!  (thumbsu

Edited by Randall Dowling
Didn't read enough

On 12/17/2021 at 10:31 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Here's my current copy (forgive me if I posted it before, getting old).  It was part of Jon Berk's collection.

2008216654_ThrillingCrimeCases49_Front.thumb.jpg.81ea17c2527df5549dce2ab964b8b6b1.jpg

Nice upgrade RD! Your trade-up is my gain. That white poison cloud must be too inviting for the date stampers, because Berks copy had another one in just about the same spot. Funny thing is, both drug stores received their copies on the exact same date.

This was encapsulated when you bought it?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 12/18/2021 at 9:44 AM, Ryan. said:

I always thought of All Famous Police Cases 11 as a poor man's Thrilling Crime 49.

*MCS stock photo

784161.jpg

It's a great cover that I've overlooked for years, and is now on my mental list. Wish I'd gotten one early!

On 12/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, RedGiant said:

3500 is strong for a 4.0, but that copy is sharp. Those inks are dripping!  This is my current copy, also great color strike. 
86FA109F-6369-4FC9-A1C0-ABBE22A8D296.thumb.jpeg.b32d3694dd3bf415d6f610f99168944c.jpeg

Ahhh, so that’s why MCS’s copy sold yesterday. That copy was in my cart and then I had second thoughts as the cover seemed faded compared to other copies. 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:53 AM, manetteska said:

Ahhh, so that’s why MCS’s copy sold yesterday. That copy was in my cart and then I had second thoughts as the cover seemed faded compared to other copies. 

Yeah. It was priced well.  5.5 for $3k. I was considering buying it but didn’t like the color strike. I’ve noticed on this book it’s generally really colorful or has a flat metallic looking strike (like the MCS copy).  Regardless, congrats to all who own a copy, it’s a great one. 

On 12/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, RedGiant said:

Yeah. It was priced well.  5.5 for $3k. I was considering buying it but didn’t like the color strike. I’ve noticed on this book it’s generally really colorful or has a flat metallic looking strike (like the MCS copy).  Regardless, congrats to all who own a copy, it’s a great one. 

It's an incredibly tough book in high grade.  Census only shows 50 copies or so, total.  I've always thought that Ernie Gerber made great choices for the books on the cover of the photo-journals.  (thumbsu