• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. That cover seem so busy with all the snow falling. It's just fun to look at.

Here's another on I just picked up.

Thrillingcrimecases47_zps112c40c6.jpg

Sharp copy! I love how cops had such amazing accuracy back then.

Just scored 2 I've been looking for:

Not the best romance cover, but the floating lips are awesome. The shadow in the center is a tad odd.

706222661_o.jpg

And this is #1 in the run. I like the multiple images.

!CEvQoiwB2k~$(KGrHqZ,!hYE0fhM!K34BNSzG0ZR0Q~~_3.JPG

Great quality pickups! I'm 1 more closer to finishing my Blue Bolt run now. This one is en rte as we speak!

$(KGrHqF,!rUFJ!Nf1R95BST1OkfJ3g~~60_57.JPG

Definitely one of the best covers...period!

5507545008_f26006239e_z.jpg

Who used it first? Baker or Cole?

Edited by BB-Gun

I'm not sure when or where that Baker art was used, but the GCDB has the BBWT #115 at October 1952.

Also I just snagged this one. 'Tis almost the season, and I just missed out of 2 LB Cole covers on ebay so I made a deal for this one:

$(KGrHqVHJDkFCroBYQlfBQw1(b2Y-!~~60_57.JPG

I'd wager that the cover came first and was then used on the interior later. Incidentally, the cover to that Holdiay Comics issue I posted was also used as the interior splash of another Star comic, I believe it was: FRISKY ANIMALS #52. The interior covers told parts of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and it used that Santa splash.

I'm not sure when or where that Baker art was used, but the GCDB has the BBWT #115 at October 1952.

Also I just snagged this one. 'Tis almost the season, and I just missed out of 2 LB Cole covers on ebay so I made a deal for this one:

$(KGrHqVHJDkFCroBYQlfBQw1(b2Y-!~~60_57.JPG

Does Santa realize someone's boosting his sled while his foot's caught in that tiny chimney? hm

Does Santa realize someone's boosting his sled while his foot's caught in that tiny chimney? hm

:tonofbricks:

I think I now have 3 of the Cole x-mas covers, but there's still 1 or 2 more for me to go. I'll track 'em all down eventually!

Thanks man! I thoguht I had more of this 5-issue LB Cole cover run, but I only had the #41 - which is also a really cool honey-bee cover. After making a few larger Cole-cover purchases I'm having fun filling in a few holes in the lesser popular titles.

This one came in a few days ago:

IW_3D_zps7a17b136.jpg

And, since I posted it over in the Gerber 7 thread rather than here, I might as well show it off again since it's related to the one above:

Super_Animals_zps855352a9.jpg

Both low grade, but neither are what I would call easy to find...