• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

So I have you to thank for bidding it up! j/k... I was hoping you weren't bidding against me. I'd hate to take it out of another boardie's hands. I mean... I would... but ya know... ;)

Thanks!

No worries. I put in my max bid (which was way lower than it went for) and then I was away from my computer until after the auction ended. I took a shot. Someone else was bidding it up...

I posted this in the Sept ComicConnect thread, but there was no way I wasn't going to post it here as well. I know I've relaxed on purchases lately, as this thread dropped to page 4! Well, I'll fix that! I finally completed by LB Cole's sci-fi covers, as I have a Contact 12 and a Captain Flight 11, Captain Aero 25, and now I'll have in my greedy hands a Captain Aero 26!!!

cap19.125a.jpg

I'm so glad you finally got one of those you have to be the number 1 Cole fan on the boards,one of my favs for the color use a classic sci-fi cover.Congrats!

Thanks guys! It's one of those copies that presents really well and have a few back cover blemishes. I think I still got it for a steal, as the last one I had a chance at was 4x as much even if it was a bit better.

Now to hunt down a #119! I have a #111, but just need a better one. That'll kill off my BB Wierd Tales run!

Oh wow. Great copies. I've said here before, that the Tailspin cover is a hidden gem. Also one of Cole's older ones. I have a nice one, but yours is key! I have yet to pick up the Ship's Ahoy but it's never off my radar.

Great pickups!!!

Well, since the last of these arrived, I decide to take this shot. Get used to it because I'll be adding it on a few threads in this area! I've been waiting a long time for it so I'll get my mileage out of it.

20131017_184858.jpg

Oh wow. Great copies. I've said here before, that the Tailspin cover is a hidden gem. Also one of Cole's older ones. I have a nice one, but yours is key! I have yet to pick up the Ship's Ahoy but it's never off my radar.

Great pickups!!!

Well, since the last of these arrived, I decide to take this shot. Get used to it because I'll be adding it on a few threads in this area! I've been waiting a long time for it so I'll get my mileage out of it.

20131017_184858.jpg

Nice group shot! :applause:

Thanks guys. I have an area where I display 3 comics at a time, and right now it's 3 horror books for Halloween. But I'll be changing that to Christmas covers in a few months. That said...

,,, nice book vaultk! Another fun Christmas is Fun #9. That's a 64 pager!

Nice Christmas cover :applause:

But I'll be changing that to Christmas covers in a few months

Christmas decorations and gift items were on sale at Costco immediately following Labor Day. :facepalm: