• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Saw the first episode today. Liked it alot.

I was looking for it in my Netflix: new arrivals, hot picks, just added and couldnt find it until i typed search.. a lil disappointing that this was so well hidden (shrug)

Yeah, I had the same experience.

It had been showing up as a preview for weeks, and then when I looked for it last night after midnight it was nowhere to be found.

Had to type search it as well.

Odd.

I hate every super hero tv show so far.

I like the strain because its goofy.

But this is brilliant.

Not very Frank Miller, but Frank Miller inspired and VERY Bendis Daredevil Run.

I love it.

That Bendis Daredevil run was what got me back into comic books after 15 years out of it. I had my fingers crossed that this show would reflect that as much as possible and thankfully they have done a great job...

Wow, cancelled my plans tonite because I got HOOKED lol. Episode 6 right now, really is brilliant in many ways. Love the direction of each episode, Marvel once again has top-notch production and talent in every way. The writing is great, and just overall fun!! WOW.

The single-cam/single-take fight scene at the end of episode two thoroughly blew my mind. No fancy acrobatics. Amazing.

Also, the general sense of menace that they convey with little details like people moving in and out of the background at night in the street scenes is amazing.

So - Why is it that they can make something as spectacular as this show, but all the CW/DC hydra does is mess our more mess shows with plots and characters?

So far, I'd say Marvel got it right.

I prefer the Blind Zorro to the Daredevil red...he does need some body armor though...guy is bleeding like a sieve. I hope when he goes full Red costume it doesn't look too hokey..

Edited by krighton

But this is brilliant.

I love it.

You hate the flash?

Yes. The CW stuff is terrible and too much like the OC without all the hot girls.

Jimmy and I agree, wow, though I usually use Dawson's Creek

But this is brilliant.

I love it.

That Bendis Daredevil run was what got me back into comic books after 15 years out of it. I had my fingers crossed that this show would reflect that as much as possible and thankfully they have done a great job...

Funny, my experience exactly, except after 20 years. Nephew traded me the 'Lowlife' arc for an early Spectacular Spider-Man and it remains one of best CIC arcs out there.

Couldn't be happier with the show. My wife is hooked, too.

I'm 4 episodes in and I love it. Dark, edgy, violent and intense. Episode two ending was one of the best fight scenes in a superhero show/movie.

Can't wait to watch more!

what is the reasoning behind releasing a season in one large chunk...how long will the gap be between seasons.

This is the Netflix model. Usually they release the next season a year later. From my understanding, the plan is to release the Luke Cage show shortly after although I haven't seen a release date yet. Then they will release Jessica Jones and so on.

Netflix has always been about binge watching though and they've kept their shows in that model (i.e. House of Cards, The Killing, Bloodline, and many more).

My wife is still amazed Netflix only costs us $7.99 a month. She is also hooked. As a said earlier, I rewatched the first few episodes with her and now I'm waiting on her cause she wasn't happy I watched alone. She was pretty impressed last night though.

I'm still trying to get my siblings to watch, but they were watching Suits instead :facepalm:

Edited by Official Chris S.

if I have to wait a year for more I may just slam on the brakes and space the rest out, only on ep 4....13 episodes a year seems a bit on the weak side though, even though they're almost an hour long.

Edited by krighton