• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Also, another way this model is so new and exciting is that the show has immediate worldwide reach without Netflix having to deal with anyone else whatsoever. No foreign distributors, theaters, heck even no UPS to send prints!

Also, another way this model is so new and exciting is that the show has immediate worldwide reach without Netflix having to deal with anyone else whatsoever. No foreign distributors, theaters, heck even no UPS to send prints!

I'm thinking the Netflix model is something else too... Dangerous.

If you're a storyjunkie the level of quality is damn near irresistible. It's like having a bookstore in your house, open one and *boom*, sucks you right in. "On demand" becomes "demanding to be on".

The black mask is obviously see through because he needs to be able to see...at least what he can see through his eyes.

And the same for the red mask. Eye holes so he can see the shapes, colors whatever he sees.

Huh? He's blind. His radar sense is based upon the same echolocation that bats do, so what he is able to "see" actually comes in through his ears. Which raises the obvious next question that makes very little sense to me--why do most iterations of his costume cover his ears? Even the scarf-mask he wears in this series covers his ears. Seems like he'd want to keep those uncovered. ???

The strange thing about Daredevil is that not only is he greatly inspired by Batman, if you were to take Batman and give him a bat-like power, Daredevil's echolocation makes the absolute most sense. Daredevil is more bat-like than Batman is. :insane:

Did you watch the series? hm

He says he sees in fire and that is evidence he needs his eyes uncovered. They show how he can see with his eyes. He is not completely blind as in seeing complete black.

If you're a storyjunkie the level of quality is damn near irresistible. It's like having a bookstore in your house, open one and *boom*, sucks you right in. "On demand" becomes "demanding to be on".

There's something to this. I will obsessively stream the new seasons of "The League," "Orange is the New Black" and "Daredevil" whenever they're made available.

Thank god I never got into "House of Cards," but if they, for instance, triple the number of shows I feel the desire to stream in a given year, my productivity in life will crater.

There's something to this. I will obsessively stream the new seasons of "The League," "Orange is the New Black" and "Daredevil" whenever they're made available.

Thank god I never got into "House of Cards," but if they, for instance, triple the number of shows I feel the desire to stream in a given year, my productivity in life will crater.

I feel your pain. I just started getting into Vikings and its been tough to not binge watch a whole season all at once. There just is too many good shows available for a person who has a job.

On this show I won't nit pick any negatives. The positives outweigh any negatives I can come up with.

The show was a 9 out of 10 for me.

My only negatives were:

They killed Ben Urich. That will make Born Again less good in my opinion.

They made Karen Page's "bad" days in her past.

They made Vanessa complicit in the mob stuff. She is supposed to be the thing that keeps Kingpin from being totally evil and what makes him want to turn legit.

They didn't make Wesley behind the attack at the charity gala. I so wanted him to be the one that saw Vanessa as a distraction.

The best thing was the actors were great. I especially liked Deborah Ann Woll, Rosario Dawson, and Eldon Henson.

But it's not just Netflix 'originals', it's the collective level of quality available. There was another offering Netflix dropped in with the Daredevil batch, from AMC called 'Halt and Catch Fire'. Sampled one episode I'll be :censored: if I don't want to watch the entire thing right now.

Over about a year I've come to trust their *5 star* ratings for the most part. It's also become a type of warning. 'Sample at your own risk'

Halt & Catch Fire's on Netflix streaming now?

It was _really_ good.

I think I only missed one episode of its original Sunday night run & would gladly watch it again. Really good story-telling & drama about the early 80s PC rush.

He says he sees in fire and that is evidence he needs his eyes uncovered. They show how he can see with his eyes. He is not completely blind as in seeing complete black.

Ummm

he does not PHYSICALLY use his eyes to see. He is BLIND. He can 'see' in the sense that the input from his other senses form that imagery inside his mind. neurons fire inside his brain, not his eyeballs :P

That's the computer show, right? I thought the previews looked interested but never caught the first episode.

Halt & Catch Fire's on Netflix streaming now?

It was _really_ good.

I think I only missed one episode of its original Sunday night run & would gladly watch it again. Really good story-telling & drama about the early 80s PC rush.

Yep, that's the one... 1st pc clone vs big blue, 80s, Dallas, coders, suits, and super-smart women. In other words, 'drama' spelled c-r-a-c-k.

Marvel is leading the way once again. The show is amazing, Love it, easy 9 out of 10 !

got this from Facebook...........

Yesterday, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn posted a heartfelt review on his facebook page for Marvel's new Netflix series, Daredevil.

Gunn admits that he is hard to please when it comes to television shows, but he gladly adds Daredevil to his list of must watch shows, which also includes Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul and Black Sails. Clearly, the man has good taste. Add in the fact, Gunn devoured comic books as kid and then grew up to make one of the most beloved comic book movies of all-time, you have to consider that his opinion carries more weight than the average person.

James Gunn wrote:

I have loved the character of Daredevil since I was a little boy. Outside of Batman, Daredevil probably has more great comic book arcs than any other character. From Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli to Kevin Smith to Ed Brubaker and on and on, the character has elicited some of the best work from some of the greatest comic book storytellers.

So I was a bit frightened last night when I dug into the new Marvel's Daredevil Netflix series. I'm a rough TV critic - I love five or so shows on the air right now, but that's about it - and I didn't want to see one of my favorite characters come up short. On top of that I really like Steven S. DeKnight, the showrunner, and Drew Goddard, the creator, both as people and as creative forces (Spartacus, Cloverfield, Cabin in the Woods, etc).

Well, I love it. The cast is great. Charlie Cox is just awesome, and Elden Henson is about as an amazing a Foggy as I could have imagined. The fight sequences stand alongside Spartacus and Rome as some of the best TV fight sequences ever (so, the best TV fight sequences ever not performed in togas). And the scripts have been touching and on point and true to the character. In the first few episodes, I cried twice: once in a scene between young Matt and battling Jack, and again when I realized this character I loved so much for so long had been brought to television with such spirit, love, and care.

What I'm saying is, there's a huge Marvel event going on right now, and it's Daredevil on Netflix. I hope you guys check it out.

Ummm

he does not PHYSICALLY use his eyes to see. He is BLIND. He can 'see' in the sense that the input from his other senses form that imagery inside his mind. neurons fire inside his brain, not his eyeballs :P

I think you are wrong.

I'm only up through episode 4, so I'll look for what Mark is referring to. Historically he uses his ears to "see," and I'll be surprised if they change that.

Perhaps I am missing how they interpret it on TV. If i'm wrong, it won't be the first time. lol

Not a spoiler...something who hasn't seen the show should look out for, for a laugh.

Did you guys catch the little joke Kingpin made at his own expense in episode 5 when he's at dinner?

k4jdl.jpg

Ummm

I think you are wrong.

Well, enjoy being doubly wrong :D

Not a spoiler...something who hasn't seen the show should look out for, for a laugh.

Did you guys catch the little joke Kingpin made at his own expense in episode 5 when he's at dinner?

k4jdl.jpg

I caught that and lol:applause: I think the show is great, but that off handed remark cemented it for me.

The writers are smart and know the characters and their history and throw in remarks that the long time

fans will pick up on.

One other that I noticed is that the office across the hall from them is Atlas Investments and was using a variation of the Atlas Comics logo on the door.

Know when I realized that Marvel really finally figured out this TV format thing the way they have movies? When I saw the credits. The 2 listed as "staff writers" are the husband/wife paring of the Gage's. They both really got most of their start working on Law & Order: SVU. But Cristos jumped into comics, starting with a few Wildstorm books before moving over to Marvel.

Marvel seriously looked in their bullpen of comic writers already working for them, found the guy that had both comic writing experience & tv crime drama experience (who also happened to have a wife that fit this criteria as well) and said "wanna do our superhero crime tv drama series?".

They used common sense, picked the right people that already happened to work for them & said "this is entirely in your wheelhouse. run with it" instead of doing the typical Hollywood hemming & hawing & complicating decisions. Just "oh look at this person who understands the source material AND the medium it's being presented in. Let's just hire them."

Where do you see Christos Gage in the credits?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Not trying to be argumentative… Just curious. They mention it on his Wiki but I don't see him in the credits. I've tried to catch a lot of the comic names- there are a few.

I still find it odd that Bendis isn't more involved…

I also find it funny that John Romita is credited as "Johnny Romita."

Edited by Official Chris S.