• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

The general vibe from the showrunners was that Daredevil was already being filmed before any of the other characters was cast. Therefore while there is mention of the shared world (anem drops, setups etc), it has the least cross over and is the most stand alone.

Due to that, it is possible we might get Daredevil 2 before Defenders, but obviously its not guaranteed. The huge success that its been, I'd think there is a pretty good chance they insert DD S2 right before Defenders.

It's possible not even Marvel realizes what they have. DD, in a superior production (like they just did), has the potential to be a flagship character. Personally I think his appeal could be larger than Spider-man's.

As a lifelong DC fan I've always thought DD belonged in the DCU. Netflix only confirmed that opinion. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought that. Marvel has interesting characters, but DD was a breakout. Larger somehow, more interesting.

Marvel may pigeonhole DD as a B-level character, but they should never underestimate DD's broad appeal and humongous potential. Written well and treated with respect, DD is A+++ material.

I am looking at like Marvel Phase 1.. Iron Man started it off very strong and we had a Iron Man 2 before Avengers.

I would say with the success and positive feedback we should see a Daredevil Season 2 before the Defenders series and it wouldnt be rushed...

They only really had around 2 years to make this and if we got a Daredevil Early 2017 late 2016 they could start now and almost be right there.

I really hope the Punisher makes his way into this universe as I feel like he would be right at home and I know DeKnight really wants to use him.

Daredevil Under Fire: Series is Receiving Criticism By Blind

That's right, the community of people that can't see want to watch, but can't. Fans are right now pushing for Netflix to provide audio descriptions in their programming, with Daredevil being the first they want converted to recieve this audio enhancement.

The big thing is that the main character, Matt Murdock, is in fact blind (well they say he is...) so the hypocracy of leaving out the blind for this show says a lot about both Marvel, and Netflix in particular. The campaign is currently called "The accessible Netflix project" and their website can be reached here: https://netflixproject.wordpress.com/

Daredevil Under Fire: Series is Receiving Criticism By Blind

That's right, the community of people that can't see want to watch, but can't. Fans are right now pushing for Netflix to provide audio descriptions in their programming, with Daredevil being the first they want converted to recieve this audio enhancement.

The big thing is that the main character, Matt Murdock, is in fact blind (well they say he is...) so the hypocracy of leaving out the blind for this show says a lot about both Marvel, and Netflix in particular. The campaign is currently called "The accessible Netflix project" and their website can be reached here: https://netflixproject.wordpress.com/

This is complete BS!!!

Before anyone starts jumping down my throat, I dated a blind woman who watched Netflix constantly and she was fine with it not being accessible.

I'm all for adding Descriptive Audio to Netflix so the blind can fully enjoy their shows, but for a group to "all of a sudden" make a big deal out of it and pull the "poor me" card is ridiculous.

how many people did Karen get killed by her stupidity

How many got killed by her intelligent quick thinking?

I loved Wesley, one of the best characters and very well acted but the way she took him out was amazing!

You have to imagine that Netflix is absolutely loving this investment. The twitter & tumblr-verses are pretty much losing their mind over this series. I don't know how much they paid Marvel for it, but just the positive word-of-mouth is on par with House of Cards & Orange is the New Black. There's almost nothing bad being said about it.