• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

The E2 shot isn't a legitimate Altmanesque no-cut shot as it clearly takes advantage of more than one fadeout but it's played as one shot, artistically. I like the way DD is fatigued all throughout. I also enjoy the way he's constantly getting his arse kicked. That's just how DD should be played. Murdock should always be wrecked, face down in the gutter.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but are we seeing a healing power? If so, I approve the show's embroidery of his powers.

The E2 shot isn't a legitimate Altmanesque no-cut shot as it clearly takes advantage of more than one fadeout but it's played as one shot, artistically. I like the way DD is fatigued all throughout. I also enjoy the way he's constantly getting his arse kicked. That's just how DD should be played. Murdock should always be wrecked, face down in the gutter.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but are we seeing a healing power? If so, I approve the show's embroidery of his powers.

Stick discusses it in the series.

He and Stick talk about their type of (ninja) meditation being able to help you focus and "heal" but it's not really shown other than his type of injuries should kill/leave comatose anyone else. He's still hurt most of the time, but able to walk around.

I just rewatched the last 4 minutes of E2. I think it's my favorite fight sequence of all time. I didn't see that sudden shift in rankings coming.

They have created a very interesting fighting style for DD. And it fits with the character. In the comics I always pictured DD at about 6'0" and 175-185 pounds - light heavyweight to cruiserweight, and big, talented and strong enough to have knockout power.

In the show he looks to be more like 5"10" 155-165. Super thin and wiry. His fighting style is an accumulation of blows, with spins and jumps to add more force and impact. I think it is absolutely brilliant and it really adds to the greatness of the show.

i went to dinner monday night and i wore a dd tshirt.

between the walk into the restaurant and the walk back to my truck after dinner i had six different people ask me if i had watched the series.

it was nice hearing people talk about the show.

They say it is:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/13/that-fight-scene-in-daredevil-was-really-done-in-one-shot

I'm 5 episodes in and I'm already blown away by how amazing it is! Marvel just keeps raising the bar higher and higher

:applause: Yup, Marvel is hitting on all cylinders for sure.... Shield was a dud to me but how could it not with the limitations of TV budgets and mainstream broadcast rating limitations.

Im starting to worry that Preacher might have been better served on Netflix than AMC? (shrug)

Just watched eps 4 and 5. "Micro changes in air density" made me laugh, since this is the line Ash used to fob off Ripley when he didn't want to tell her how it really worked. Curious little Alien reference to throw in there just for fun!

Doesn't seem likely they will have a season 2 of DD. But I hope they do.

I'm not sure what their plans were initially, but given the response, they would be foolish not to have a second season.

And Marvel has not shown a tendency to foolishness.

Schwarma.

I'm 5 episodes in and I'm already blown away by how amazing it is! Marvel just keeps raising the bar higher and higher

:applause: Yup, Marvel is hitting on all cylinders for sure.... Shield was a dud to me but how could it not with the limitations of TV budgets and mainstream broadcast rating limitations.

Im starting to worry that Preacher might have been better served on Netflix than AMC? (shrug)

FCC!

Doesn't seem likely they will have a season 2 of DD. But I hope they do.

I'm not sure what their plans were initially, but given the response, they would be foolish not to have a second season.

And Marvel has not shown a tendency to foolishness.

I agree 100%. The show deserves more than just a season 2. If they can hit it out of the park again...keep it going. This cast deserves more than just one season.

I just watched the end of Episode 2 again. I can watch that fight scene 1,000 times and not get tired.

FCC!

Represent! :applause: