• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Know when I realized that Marvel really finally figured out this TV format thing the way they have movies? When I saw the credits. The 2 listed as "staff writers" are the husband/wife paring of the Gage's. They both really got most of their start working on Law & Order: SVU. But Cristos jumped into comics, starting with a few Wildstorm books before moving over to Marvel.

Marvel seriously looked in their bullpen of comic writers already working for them, found the guy that had both comic writing experience & tv crime drama experience (who also happened to have a wife that fit this criteria as well) and said "wanna do our superhero crime tv drama series?".

They used common sense, picked the right people that already happened to work for them & said "this is entirely in your wheelhouse. run with it" instead of doing the typical Hollywood hemming & hawing & complicating decisions. Just "oh look at this person who understands the source material AND the medium it's being presented in. Let's just hire them."

Where do you see Christos Gage in the credits?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Not trying to be argumentative… Just curious. They mention it on his Wiki but I don't see him in the credits. I've tried to catch a lot of the comic names- there are a few.

I still find it odd that Bendis isn't more involved…

I also find it funny that John Romita is credited as "Johnny Romita."

No, I get you. Nothing argumentative implied. I noticed it on about 3 different episodes. When you get to the credits at the end of the episode, it notes "staff writers" and had "Christos Gage & Ruth Gage" right under it. It gets its own credit card.

I was confused as well when I didn't see them getting IMDB credits. I'm not sure if it's a problem with IMDB or how "staff writing' credits work or what, but it's in the actual credits on a few of the episodes. I thought I'd mis-read them at first, rewound & checked & yep... Christos N. Gage & Ruth Gage.

I'll check which ones they were once I'm done with the series & have a chance to scan to the credits again.

(worship)

Home run to me!

My 1 and only complaint is Frank Miller deserves credit! Joesie's bar, Stick, Turk etc...

The whole season brought my childhood back. Frank Miller's fingerprints are all over this series.

I can only guess he didn't want to be associated with it and refused credit.

(worship)

Home run to me!

My 1 and only complaint is Frank Miller deserves credit! Joesie's bar, Stick, Turk etc...

The whole season brought my childhood back. Frank Miller's fingerprints are all over this series.

I can only guess he didn't want to be associated with it and refused credit.

'Cause he'd much prefer to be known for his work on The Spirit. :/

Know when I realized that Marvel really finally figured out this TV format thing the way they have movies? When I saw the credits. The 2 listed as "staff writers" are the husband/wife paring of the Gage's. They both really got most of their start working on Law & Order: SVU. But Cristos jumped into comics, starting with a few Wildstorm books before moving over to Marvel.

Marvel seriously looked in their bullpen of comic writers already working for them, found the guy that had both comic writing experience & tv crime drama experience (who also happened to have a wife that fit this criteria as well) and said "wanna do our superhero crime tv drama series?".

They used common sense, picked the right people that already happened to work for them & said "this is entirely in your wheelhouse. run with it" instead of doing the typical Hollywood hemming & hawing & complicating decisions. Just "oh look at this person who understands the source material AND the medium it's being presented in. Let's just hire them."

Where do you see Christos Gage in the credits?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Not trying to be argumentative… Just curious. They mention it on his Wiki but I don't see him in the credits. I've tried to catch a lot of the comic names- there are a few.

I still find it odd that Bendis isn't more involved…

I also find it funny that John Romita is credited as "Johnny Romita."

FYI, just finished episode 9 (Speak of the Devil) & saw that Christos Gage & Ruth Gage were listed as "staff writers" in the credits. And I know I'v noticed it on a couple others at least.

We finally watched the first two episodes tonight.

Just incredibly excellent. Tonally, atmospherically...everything was amazing.

Can't wait to see more tomorrow!

Loved how...

Battlin' Jack Murdock fought Crusher Creel in the ring.

That was a cool Easter Egg. :)

Loved how...

Lots of em. Never thought I'd see a nod to stilt man, I totally missed it till I saw someone else point it out.

He says he sees in fire and that is evidence he needs his eyes uncovered. They show how he can see with his eyes. He is not completely blind as in seeing complete black.

Just started watching episode 5 and what you're referring to is in the first few minutes of that. He meant that figuratively and was using the same language as Rosario Dawson who was asking him "what he sees." Here's the complete text of it:

Claire: How do you... I mean, I know that you're blind, but you... see so much.

Matt: How? I guess you have to think of it as more than just five senses. I can't see, not like everyone else, but I can feel. Things like balance and direction. Micro-changes in air density, vibrations, blankets of temperature variations. Mix all that with what I hear, subtle smells. All of the fragments form a sort of... impressionistic painting.

Claire: Okay, but what does that look like? Like, what do you... actually see?

Matt: A world on fire. If all I saw was fire, I'd probably want to hit people, too.

dIUbKX4l.jpg

Need a closer, fuller look. At first glance, I like the movie costume better, but that pic and the other one are so dark and incomplete that I can't really tell. Looks like they addressed the issue of his ears being covered--I think I see little vents over his ear.

Karen is beyond annoying...stumbling all over Hell's Kitchen screaming KILL ME I'M STUPID. This what happens when you binge watch, the annoyances of individual characters are magnified. Foggy isn't much better in regards to being annoying (I'm sad, time to get drunk and sleep around). Matt should cut them both loose.

Movie costume was way too shiny, I like the more urban look.

Edited by krighton

Loved how...

I watched the 1st 2 last night also. Another nice Easter egg when they gave Jack Murdock's weight before the fight. 164 pounds. DD 164, classic Miller cover

He says he sees in fire and that is evidence he needs his eyes uncovered. They show how he can see with his eyes. He is not completely blind as in seeing complete black.

Just started watching episode 5 and what you're referring to is in the first few minutes of that. He meant that figuratively and was using the same language as Rosario Dawson who was asking him "what he sees." Here's the complete text of it:

Claire: How do you... I mean, I know that you're blind, but you... see so much.

Matt: How? I guess you have to think of it as more than just five senses. I can't see, not like everyone else, but I can feel. Things like balance and direction. Micro-changes in air density, vibrations, blankets of temperature variations. Mix all that with what I hear, subtle smells. All of the fragments form a sort of... impressionistic painting.

Claire: Okay, but what does that look like? Like, what do you... actually see?

Matt: A world on fire. If all I saw was fire, I'd probably want to hit people, too.

Thanks. I stand corrected :headbang:

Karen is beyond annoying...stumbling all over Hell's Kitchen screaming KILL ME I'M STUPID. This what happens when you binge watch, the annoyances of individual characters are magnified. Foggy isn't much better in regards to being annoying (I'm sad, time to get drunk and sleep around). Matt should cut them both loose.

Movie costume was way too shiny, I like the more urban look.

I agree Karen did get herself into some stupid situations...

Foggy is great..perfect actually.

dIUbKX4l.jpg

Need a closer, fuller look. At first glance, I like the movie costume better, but that pic and the other one are so dark and incomplete that I can't really tell. Looks like they addressed the issue of his ears being covered--I think I see little vents over his ear.

Out of everything with the show - executed so well - I think the only thing that took me out of the experience was the final costume. Everything about is seems to work except the eyes, and much prefer a red lens over them (like the previous movie / comics).

It was a little jaring when I finally saw the costume reveal, suddenly the show felt cheap and like it was transitioning to the CW :D It was as if up until that point I forgot I was watching a comic book show, not jut a gritty crime drama.

I was the most skeptical about the Foggy casting before watching the show.

I think he was a great choice after watching it. (I still have a handful of episodes left).

The kids that play young Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk also deserve some :applause:

Oh, and Ben Urich - I always dreamed it would be Bryan Cranston, but Vondie Curtis-Hall is doing an amazing job!

dIUbKX4l.jpg

Grabbed an online image an tried to brighten/adjust, pull out more detail. DD's costume has a lot going on.

And there's always a possibility it's a "Year One" 1st gen costume, might evolve along with the character and as his fame around Hell's Kitchen grows. More red areas, adding a chest insignia... Maybe.

DDnetflix.jpg