• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

the Nurse is probably the first female tv superhero show character I've enjoyed in regards to acting in the latest run of tv comic shows. Maybe the original black canary in Arrow is a close second. Iris West, Laurel, Arrow's Mom, Felicity and Karen are all quite annoying characters and detract from the show overall.

I'm also of the opinion that this show has no annoying characters. I think they all have distinct personalities & fill certain roles very well. Maybe a little clichéd in the story-arc approach to the series with

The Foggy/Matt "clichéd rom-com late 2nd arc conflict because of a lie between lovers" plot point, if you look at the series like it's a 13-hour movie

but still very VERY good. I especially like Karen. She's a little naïve on protecting herself when she decided it was time to jump in the pool with sharks for the first time, but has managed to save herself more often than not. She's not some delicate flower that DD has to save over and over.

And I think Foggy is great comic relief without being slapstick-y. He's just a regular dude with some "compensating for inadequacies with comedy" issues that reacts in a pretty legit manner to a lot of things.

Watched E1&2 last night. I was stunned. Just wonderful. Single shot fight scene at the end of E2 was poetry.

Forthcoming cultural status change:

DD > Wolverine

I know we all love this show but we make up a small percentage of the real world.

While it has received critical acclaim etc, has it really crossed over to all viewers like House of Cards/Orange is Black.

People are calling it a huge success but is it really? Without a way to view ratings/box office receipts it will be interesting to see how it does. Or the spin that comes from both Netflix/Marvel

Most people I know aren't even aware of it, let alone the fact that it doesn't appear right away under new content (you have to search for it) doesn't help.

Furthermore I think the violence while great for us may not appeal to mass audiences. That scene with Kingpin and the Russian is pretty intense.

I know we all want season 2 but does the rest of the Netflix viewership feel the same?

I know we all love this show but we make up a small percentage of the real world.

While it has received critical acclaim etc, has it really crossed over to all viewers like House of Cards/Orange is Black.

People are calling it a huge success but is it really? Without a way to view ratings/box office receipts it will be interesting to see how it does. Or the spin that comes from both Netflix/Marvel

Most people I know aren't even aware of it, let alone the fact that it doesn't appear right away under new content (you have to search for it) doesn't help.

Furthermore I think the violence while great for us may not appeal to mass audiences. That scene with Kingpin and the Russian is pretty intense.

I know we all want season 2 but does the rest of the Netflix viewership feel the same?

A quick check of the headlines on Yahoo showed a number of stories about the series, so it's got to have at least some mainstream appeal. Not to mention entertainment sites & blogs talking about it, the #Daredevil trending on Twitter most of the weekend, and other places that it's shown up.

Is it having the same kind of cultural impact as Avengers did when it hit theaters? No. But is it having a bigger impact that pretty much any other Netflix show outside of House of Cards & OITNB? I believe so. And I think the numbers will show that if we ever see anything about it.

Also, it is fairly easily found without searching. On the "recommended for you" screen, at least everywhere I've seen, it's the banner image at the top.

Reflecting on the episodes we watched last night (3,4,5) one of my favorite things already about the series is the interaction between Kingpin and Vanessa. I think it's wonderful and really supremely acted. Everything from her trepidation to his insecurity in being out of his "comfort zone" is all very very believable. Stellar stuff!

I'm also of the opinion that this show has no annoying characters. I think they all have distinct personalities & fill certain roles very well. Maybe a little clichéd in the story-arc approach to the series with

The Foggy/Matt "clichéd rom-com late 2nd arc conflict because of a lie between lovers" plot point, if you look at the series like it's a 13-hour movie

but still very VERY good. I especially like Karen. She's a little naïve on protecting herself when she decided it was time to jump in the pool with sharks for the first time, but has managed to save herself more often than not. She's not some delicate flower that DD has to save over and over.

And I think Foggy is great comic relief without being slapstick-y. He's just a regular dude with some "compensating for inadequacies with comedy" issues that reacts in a pretty legit manner to a lot of things.

Here naïve nature

got the reporter killed..she lured him to Fisk's mom which ended up getting him choked to death...she's a total mess.

Edited by krighton

Watched E1&2 last night. I was stunned. Just wonderful. Single shot fight scene at the end of E2 was poetry.

Forthcoming cultural status change:

DD > Wolverine

Show was so good it dragged Tupp out of hiding!! :applause:

Not sure if anyone's seen this. Looking like speculators will jump on the Comic books. About time the character got the credit he deserves...

Daredevil #1 has been jumped on for well over a year. Copies have leapt forward in price and liquidity already.

There was a commercial for DD last night on Agents of Shield.

It called him the first Defender. That definitely means he will be in the Defenders series. Doesn't seem likely they will have a season 2 of DD. But I hope they do.

As for the violence of this show...it's perfect. I've wanted a gritty and realistic view of the superhero fights for a long time.

I just rewatched the last 4 minutes of E2. I think it's my favorite fight sequence of all time. I didn't see that sudden shift in rankings coming.

The one in E3 is even better. I said to someone else, this series matches the best of Hong Kong action movies in terms of its long shot, imaginatively choreographed fights!

The one in E3 is even better. I said to someone else, this series matches the best of Hong Kong action movies in terms of its long shot, imaginatively choreographed fights!

This is exactly what I was saying to my cousin the other night who loves martial arts movies/fights.

The end of episode 2 was an epic fight. I think the best i've ever seen. And also shot/edited amazingly well.