• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

They're in Melvin Potter's workshop. It was mentioned earlier. (thumbs u

efnswx.png

The first time I saw Potter was episode #7. Is that the episode they appear in?

efnswx.png

That screenshot with the Stiltman legs is episode #13 around the 39 minute mark.

efnswx.png

That screenshot with the Stiltman legs is episode #13 around the 39 minute mark.

And I'm on episode #8 so that would explain why I haven't seen it. Thnx!

efnswx.png

And I'm on episode #8 so that would explain why I haven't seen it. Thnx!

I tried to stretch it out. Couldn't do it. Had to watch episodes in two and three installments.

On Episode #8 right now. Just taking my sweet time on this. Will continue maybe next week. Any idea when Season 2 comes out?

Likely around this time next year or maybe summer? Probably going to get to filming it around the same time Luke Cage is getting into production, since that's already on the filming schedule & the already has a start-date & a sometime-in-the-2nd-quarter 2016 release date. They'll also want to stagger the release of DD S2 between Luke Cage series & the other 2016 Iron Fist series.

On Episode #8 right now. Just taking my sweet time on this. Will continue maybe next week. Any idea when Season 2 comes out?

I'm half way through episode #9 and the show just gets better.

I think that my watching it on a computer screen and cutting for breaks is probably detracting from the show for me a bit.

Having said that, I'm coming to realize that what makes this show work so well is that it is very much a Jekyll / Hyde concept with the origin of the Kingpin being just as important, if not more important than DD's origin.

DD was done in one episode. The Kingpin is taking up the entire seasons.

It's building very nicely.

I'm half way through episode #9 and the show just gets better.

I think that my watching it on a computer screen and cutting for breaks is probably detracting from the show for me a bit.

Having said that, I'm coming to realize that what makes this show work so well is that it is very much a Jekyll / Hyde concept with the origin of the Kingpin being just as important, if not more important than DD's origin.

DD was done in one episode. The Kingpin is taking up the entire seasons.

It's building very nicely.

Couldn't agree more... The dycodomy of both characters is what makes it great. They are very rich in that either could move from good to evil or vice versa very easily. Both appear to want what's good for the city but with very different core ethical grounding which makes all of the difference. I hope that DD2 builds on that ethical/morality pull. The richness of the tapestry is what sells it.

It just occurred to me that they could actually do the end of "Born Again" correctly with Iron Man, Thor and Cap showing up.

That would be amazing.

No Ben Urich :sorry:

No Ben Urich :sorry:

I haven't gotten that far yet but I'm not worried about spoilers...

is it possible for him to return?

For anyone who didn't read the Miller run, in DD #179 (I think that was it) he was 'killed' by Bullseye ("damn cigarettes") but then they managed to save him.

Another angle is that The Hand has brought people back to life.

I just don't see them doing this series without Urich at this point.

He's dead. :(

It was Elektra that "killed" Urich in #179. "Lousy Cigarettes"

daredevil-urich-101774.jpg

I wondered why they didn't make Urich a chain smoker in the series. It seemed to be a part of his character and he discusses it several times in the books - particularly in the Miller issues with "Lousy Cigarettes". doh!

But Urich dies in the series and it would be silly to bring him back.