• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

If initial reviews start coming back as super positive, I'll give it a shot & risk the 2 hours and $10 for it. But if it's coming back with a lot of mixed reviews, I'll probably stick with my gut feeling until it's on Netflix & I'm out of other things to watch.

If initial reviews start coming back as super positive, I'll give it a shot & risk the 2 hours and $10 for it.

Sounds like you're on track to save ten bucks. Not bad. (thumbs u

i'm wondering if the initial reviews come back positive, would people still not see it?

Unless the reviews are really bad (say, RT 25% or lower), I'm going to watch it. It's the Fantastic Four. Or at least it purports to be.

i'm wondering if the initial reviews come back positive, would people still not see it?

I have enough hardcore FF fans I know on Facebook, here and in other places that if they all say, "It's awesome, go see it!" and the reviews are on par with AoU then I'll take April and go. We'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Personally I Love going to the cinema and time permitting go a lot... I will make sure to check this out regardless of reviews etc... In fact I rarely read reviews before seeing a movie as I much prefer to see the thing for myself and make my own mind up.

I've seen plenty of films that I have loved that others haven't and received bad reviews and vice versa. There have been plenty of films that have been raved about that I ended up not liking so much.

I`m going to see this movie opening weekend!

If I`m wrong about it I will be the first to admit.

They`re going to make two of these no matter what.

I just hope I`m not bored with it, and it`s not stupid.

I like to comeback and tell everyone it`s a GOTG level.

Will see. :wishluck:

I saw a scene where they're all together walking in lockstep and the actor playing the Thing must be inside a rubber-suit and, well, it just looks like walking doody. :P

It will be interesting to finally get reviews on the actual movie versus the trailers. But honestly, the teaser and early trailer and TV spots had my interest. The last few TV spots, not as much if the tone of the movie changes like that.

We'll see soon enough. It may end up being a box office hit, depending on which tone was applied (sci-fi versus a 'coming of age' superhero story).

Director Josh Trank Wants to Prove ‘Fantastic Four’ Haters Wrong

“I knew it was going to get ugly.” Trank told the LA Times. “But I think there’s a part of me that needs adversity from the rest of the world in order to feel motivated to want to prove people wrong.”

“We knew people would react the way they are reacting. I’ve gotten so much love from many people who are on board with the idea.”

“You can’t just keep telling a story the same way over and over again. And I think it only helps the world to be more honest with young kids, to show them the world they go walk outside and see.”

:popcorn:

The sad part about the posters is this - they are trying to go for a "tough" look, but the team looks as intimidating as a group of 9 year olds with a messed up sand sculpture. lol

Edited by kimik

Josh Trank is interviewed by Kevin Smith this week:

http://smodcast.com/episodes/josh-trank-in-the-fat-cave/

The podcast description says it's only part 1 of 4...that's quite a marathon of an interview. :ohnoez:

The problem with this is that if it bombs TOO badly, Fox will blame it on Trank and crank out another one. And since there have been 8 years between FF 2 and this movie, the odds are high that the contract with Marvel requires that Fox not create a movie for 10 years. Meaning that if this one tanks, and they try another one in about 3-4 years, the earliest Marvel would get the rights back would be around 2028 to 2030. :o The best we can hope for is for the movie to do only marginally well. Fox then sees another sequel as too big a risk, Disney offers them money to buy out the contract, and Fox accepts. :wishluck: