• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I thoroughly enjoyed that one, and anyone who cares to tell me I'm wrong can go suck an egg. ;)

Still, there are a couple of things I can't get into, aka the Thing's CGI, Doom's face, and a couple of hokey lines in there. But I think I will enjoy this movie.

You also are, apparently, not a Fantastic Four fan.

For those still supporting this film after viewing this latest trailer...seriously...you're not Fantastic Four fans.

So I'm not a Fantastic Four fan, it appears. Even though I am. (shrug)

Are you sure? You may need to check with an expert.

Screams like desperation on Fox's part. They know they have a stinker on their hands and think having an immediate teem up with the x-men will save the license for them and they may be right.

I was waiting for you to dive on that one.

If this:

Though the studio is reportedly not as pleased with Trank's first movie as we might have been led to believe, they still see it as a "decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking" and are looking for a distinct vision" to take things to the next level.

Is really true it means even Fox doesn't love the new film.

A decent version? $100's of Millions spent on something decent? :facepalm:

i'm wondering if the initial reviews come back positive, would people still not see it?

For this movie to go Supernova after ho-hum trailers and mediocre interest it would have to be stunning, thrilling and awesome. It won't be.

I have a reasonably good movie gut and while I don't see this one as having stinker written all over it like Ghost Rider and the last ASM movie did, I just don't think it's going to be anything special.

I really think Fox missed the boat here by throwing too much into the mix - changing the story line, changing the characters, changing origins, changing the logo (I can't stand the new square logo), the film has no real sense of identity and that is exactly how the last ASM movie felt to me.

It feels like they're trying too hard to capture a wide audience...mc

I say it barely succeeds on this soil. Might do better in Asia where people are not as familiar with the source material etc. but it isn't going to be anywhere near blockbuster material.

Hey, if I'm wrong I'll admit it.

Also I rarely let trailers stop me from seeing a film for the same reason :)

Trailers will sometimes make me want to see a movie but rarely ever stop me from going.

If it's not a director that I will follow blindly (like Ridley Scott or Christopher Nolan) then I will look at 3 things before getting a first impression - title of the movie, who the actors are, movie poster / DVD cover, etc. appearance.

Those 3 things quickly help me decide whether the movie is a stinker, might be a stinker, could go either way or is worth seeing.

Then, I watch a trailer and based my opinion on that.

I'm not a magic man but I seem to have a pretty good gut for plucking a winner or a stinker.

I actually quite enjoyed the Ultimate FF books, and I have no problem with the studio going in that direction as long as the movie is simply GOOD. As much as I love Jessica Alba, I couldn't even finish watching the second one (and I was pretty easy going on comic book movies back then).

I'll likely see it in the theater...maybe ;)

Ohhh. Ohhhh. Me too. Me too.

:whee:

I reserve judgement on all films until I see them in their entirety. Since I'm not ready to call the film garbage, does that mean I have to request a name change to "not_fantastic_four"? :sorry:

Ohhh. Ohhhh. Me too. Me too.

:whee:

I reserve judgement on all films until I see them in their entirety. Since I'm not ready to call the film garbage, does that mean I have to request a name change to "not_fantastic_four"? :sorry:

lol

Never!

:foryou:

Screams like desperation on Fox's part. They know they have a stinker on their hands and think having an immediate teem up with the x-men will save the license for them and they may be right.

I was waiting for you to dive on that one.

If this:

Though the studio is reportedly not as pleased with Trank's first movie as we might have been led to believe, they still see it as a "decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking" and are looking for a distinct vision" to take things to the next level.

Is really true it means even Fox doesn't love the new film.

A decent version? $100's of Millions spent on something decent? :facepalm:

If Fox truly allowed this movie to spin out of control with no vision on how a strong foundation now would made a strong franchise going forward, then it would deserve to fail.

But people calling this a fail already before anyone has actually seen the final movie just because The Thing isn't wearing stretch shorts would seem to be jumping the gun. At least, to me. Maybe not for others if their only decision point may be a strong match to the original 60's team.